Peco code 75 bullhead double slips.

Robert Stokes

• 2 months later...
5 hours ago, petejones said:

Anyone think we will get these by the end of the year? I know the expected date keeps getting pushed back - the Hattons web site says October - November currently.

We need a "fingers crossed" 'reaction' icon.

It's been a difficult year, but it would be helpful if Peco could update their website occasionally.

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

• RMweb Gold
On 14/10/2020 at 09:11, Nick Gough said:

We need a "fingers crossed" 'reaction' icon.

It's been a difficult year, but it would be helpful if Peco could update their website occasionally.

It's only in recent times that Peco had a website at all. Prior to that I understand that they would not permit advertisers to include web or e mail addresses in their RM adverts.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 3 months later...
5 hours ago, Davidjsmith said:

I emailed Peco they are supposed to be making some in April.

When I asked directly at Peco nigh on two years ago, they quite happily stated they'd be ready for Warley...I wrongly assumed they meant Warley 2019.

Did they specify which April?

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
15 hours ago, James Harrison said:

I'll believe they're available, when I see one on a shop shelf waiting to be bought. 

I'll believe when my 'local' purveyor of model railway items 'phones me to tell me that the single slip I have pre-ordered is on the shelf in his premises waiting for me to collect it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/03/2021 at 18:46, Super-Sloth said:

I'm really looking forward to these slips hitting the market... because then the medium points I've been waiting a year to start waiting for (if you catch my drift!) will be up next!

S-S.

I clicked on the laughing face on your message but wanted to click an annoyed face but there isn't one.

Your post in this subject made me rush to see some news about the D/Slips and got me all hot under the collar.

But no!. Just you wishing for something else. S-d it. :lol:

Dave.

Edited by dasatcopthorne
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 13/04/2021 at 13:41, Blandford1969 said:

Have you written to Peco recently to ask them if there is a release date?

I haven't up until now, but with Covid very much under control here in the UK, I would like to think Peco's factory will have reverted to producing their own products as compared to PPE for the government which I believe Peco were doing. 

Will report back if I hear anything. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 03/05/2021 at 19:33, Covkid said:

I haven't up until now, but with Covid very much under control here in the UK, I would like to think Peco's factory will have reverted to producing their own products as compared to PPE for the government which I believe Peco were doing. 

Will report back if I hear anything. 

So... Peco have been making Peco products since they returned after the initial 5 week shutdown at the beginning of lockdown 1, April 2020. When back at the factory it was apparent that social distancing could not be adhered to with a full work force and even with split shifts, occupying other buildings onsite (Soft play area, Lecture theatre etc.) and other measures this has resulted in production capacity being massively reduced so all current resource is being diverted into keeping the core lines in stock with the high demand.

Regarding the website updates, that's been frustrating and should have been updated. BUT, Peco were hit with a Ransomware attack on their servers at the beginning of August which a) affected delivery output, resulting in more demand for product and b) shifted priorities onto other things with the likes of the website being unfortunately low on that list.

The problem with the Bullhead range and certainly the slips, is that there is a lot of fine detail on there and along with the finer rail sections, this means that they are very labour intensive to produce. Currently the core lines are taking a hammering but production is higher than it's ever been but that stock is getting sent out as soon as it's produced so the main dilemma is finding a slot to produce the slips and crossings that won't impact on the rest of the stock output. They are currently on hold but the HOPE (and I can't stress that word enough) is that they will carve out a slot to produce them late Autumn but obviously, there are a lot of factors affecting that. 

There is some good news however that the Medium Radius points have been worked on from a tooling side of things and they should (fingers crossed emoji) be ready to go into production shortly after the Slips and Crossing have made an appearance. 

Obviously this is frustrating for the modellers that use the Bullhead products but Peco appreciate your patience. 

And one last point for the record, Peco have never made PPE for the government. The only thing produced that was non-railway model related was an ear protector that was 3D printed for local care homes during the 5 week shutdown.

• Informative/Useful 9

Hot off the press today from Peco HQ:

This past year has been a challenging one for everyone and has seen unprecedented increases in sales of our core product ranges, which has meant some delays in supply to model shops, and for this we can only apologise. With the requirement to socially distance our staff safely across our site, this has meant whole sections of our factory being moved to enable Covid safe working. We are pleased to be able to advise that a new production area is due to be ready in a few weeks’ time, and coupled with employing more staff we are gradually getting more items back in stock, but we would ask all modellers to be patient as we work hard to get stock fully available again over the coming months. The need to concentrate on our core product ranges has unfortunately had the knock on effect of delaying some new product releases, some of which are almost ready to be produced, but are awaiting machine time either for plastic mouldings to be made, or for rail parts to be machined to go with the plastic parts. With the items that you refer to the current anticipated release date is now September – December 2021.

......fingers crossed  etc!

Cheers Graeme 

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 5

28 minutes ago, GuruPadge said:

And one last point for the record, Peco have never made PPE for the government. The only thing produced that was non-railway model related was an ear protector that was 3D printed for local care homes during the 5 week shutdown.

Have to apologise for being misinformed, and thank you for setting the situation straight.

Much appreciated  

• Like 2

Just now, Covkid said:

Have to apologise for being misinformed, and thank you for setting the situation straight.

Much appreciated  

No worries, wasn't meant to be a rinse or anything like that. One of the most common Peco myths I've been hearing this last year... but thanks for having the good grace to apologise even though you really didn't have to. Happy modelling!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Due to an all time high demand for their core Streamline ranges across the scales/gauges, Peco have delayed (no date given), the release of the crossings and slips, until they can divert appropriate resources to the projects.

Code 83 and 70 development continues too, the transition track bc and C70 #6 turnout to be the out of the gate In due course later this year.

• Like 1