Peco code 75 bullhead double slips.

Robert Stokes

Full page advert in May's Modeller, the previously used one '' Peco Aces It Again'', also a half page advert showing a picture of both slips and the long crossing with the caption.

Arriving soon at your local retailer.

Looked out of the window as i typed and saw a Pig fly past.

• Funny 3

40 minutes ago, waggy said:

Full page advert in May's Modeller, the previously used one '' Peco Aces It Again'', also a half page advert showing a picture of both slips and the long crossing with the caption.

Arriving soon at your local retailer.

Looked out of the window as i typed and saw a Pig fly past.

How many times have they used that advert ?

According to their web Page, Peco has been shut down as non-essential. I gather that includes the factory as well as the amusement part of their grounds in Beer. 

• RMweb Gold

Peco are helping in the Covid-19 war by making ear guards for face masks free of charge.

Understandably this is more urgent than single slips.

Well done Peco.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=3506859506010218&id=106910776005125

Edited by Colin_McLeod
  • Like 8
  • Agree 8

• 3 months later...
On ‎03‎/‎08‎/‎2020 at 11:42, The Stationmaster said:

Talking to my 'local' model shop p owner on Saturday he said that the Peco rep (working remotely) has said that 'they are not far off'.  Quite what that means I don't know as I have a single slip on pre-order and it was mentioned in that connection.

Asking directly at Peco a year ago last week, they said then 'not far off, probably for Warley'. So judging by that, more than a year to go.

• Funny 3

I've built a whole new layout using the new Bullhead track and I think it is great stuff and until recently I've given it great reviews and encouraged others the use it.

BUT.

I built it on the understanding that the Double Slip was due last Autumn.

Now my layout has a temporary Flatbottom Slip in place that I can't ballast or paint as it will need to be sold to finance the Bullhead one.

People now always ask why it's like that and the situation just puts them off.

I know Peco were making PPE stuff but that came in March/April. A long time after their website piece dated Aug 2019.

Dave.

Carshalton & Sutton MRC

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Talking to a guy i know who works for Peco, it sounds like, but for Covid-19 they'd be in the shops by now. But for those moaning, would you rather peco rushed them into the shops, or made sure they are right? Personally, I would rather wait for them to be right.

• Agree 5

18 minutes ago, Denbridge said:

Talking to a guy i know who works for Peco, it sounds like, but for Covid-19 they'd be in the shops by now. But for those moaning, would you rather peco rushed them into the shops, or made sure they are right? Personally, I would rather wait for them to be right.

I don't think anyone wants them rushed, rather a more honest response to availability - it doesn't reflect well on Peco when every query about availability for the last x number of years is always "real soon" (and this isn't just the bullhead points, this is a chronic problem with any/all Peco new products.

• Agree 3

Indeed, my layout has also been laid with a Code 75 single slip and medium points substituting for Bullhead ones, and I'm also planning on selling the slip and points to finance the Bullhead ones when they come out. A timeline would be nice, but I understand that everything has been put on hold with COVID-19. That being said, in August of last year, Peco reckoned the slips would be entering production in October last year, with the medium points to come out in 2020 (those being delayed I can understand)! (source: https://peco-uk.com/blogs/news/code-75-bullhead-update)

48 minutes ago, mdvle said:

I don't think anyone wants them rushed, rather a more honest response to availability - it doesn't reflect well on Peco when every query about availability for the last x number of years is always "real soon" (and this isn't just the bullhead points, this is a chronic problem with any/all Peco new products.

Having been professionally involved with manufacturing I can say with a fair degree of certainty that Peco aren't in any way being dishonest . It is often the case that you think you have something perfected and have what seems to have a sensible release date, only to run into further snags which require attention, therefore delaying that date.

PECO and other small manufacturers can't win. They give a hoped for release date then get castigated for missing it. If they gave no date at all, they get hounded for a date.

It could be worse. It could be made by Bachmann, where a totally new model can average 5 to 7 years or more from announcement to release.

• Agree 5

18 hours ago, Denbridge said:

I don't want them rushed but why annouce and then not update the info on their website.

Dave

Keeping all our Club members informed on the situation.

17 hours ago, Denbridge said:

Having been professionally involved with manufacturing I can say with a fair degree of certainty that Peco aren't in any way being dishonest . It is often the case that you think you have something perfected and have what seems to have a sensible release date, only to run into further snags which require attention, therefore delaying that date.

PECO and other small manufacturers can't win. They give a hoped for release date then get castigated for missing it. If they gave no date at all, they get hounded for a date.

It could be worse. It could be made by Bachmann, where a totally new model can average 5 to 7 years or more from announcement to release.

I see you've now introduced the word 'dishonest' to this thread!!!

No one's suggesting dishonesty. it's just a complete lack of bothering to update the website info.

There's no excuse because they've updated other stuff.

Dave.

3 minutes ago, dasatcopthorne said:

I don't want them rushed but why annouce and then not update the info on their website.

Dave

Keeping all our Club members informed on the situation.

I don't think PECO have ever given an exact release date, only indications on when they hope to have them available.

Retailers and forums on the other hand turn those indications into firm dates.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
14 minutes ago, dasatcopthorne said:

I see you've now introduced the word 'dishonest' to this thread!!!

No one's suggesting dishonesty. it's just a complete lack of bothering to update the website info.

There's no excuse because they've updated other stuff.

Dave.

Its a wonder they have a website at all. Some of us can recall the days when the Modeller refused to carry adverts with website addresses. 

• Agree 3
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Premium
21 minutes ago, JohnR said:

Its a wonder they have a website at all. Some of us can recall the days when the Modeller refused to carry adverts with website addresses. 

Which I always found a bit odd, as IIRC they made the  year's  magazines available on CD - really clunky to use mind you - from 2003, when that kind of thing was still really rare.

18 hours ago, Denbridge said:

But for those moaning, would you rather peco rushed them into the shops, or made sure they are right? Personally, I would rather wait for them to be right.

Just relaying what I was told when I asked directly down at Beer. There is no point moaning about Peco being Peco, they'll arrive when they're ready and there are plenty of alternatives to carry on with in the meantime. My only moan is that the alternative I found was somewhat more expensive than these slips will be, on the plus side no bullhead needed for some time so no waiting required and they got added custom in code 83 in the meantime.

22 hours ago, dasatcopthorne said:

I've built a whole new layout using the new Bullhead track and I think it is great stuff and until recently I've given it great reviews and encouraged others the use it.

BUT.

I built it on the understanding that the Double Slip was due last Autumn.

Now my layout has a temporary Flatbottom Slip in place that I can't ballast or paint as it will need to be sold to finance the Bullhead one.

People now always ask why it's like that and the situation just puts them off.

I know Peco were making PPE stuff but that came in March/April. A long time after their website piece dated Aug 2019.

Dave.

Carshalton & Sutton MRC

Hi Dave, 
I was surprised, nay shocked, that you were using Peco BH. 
You were my role model for 4-SF, I thought you would have just, "knocked up", a Double Slip in 4-SF. Hahaha

Regards Godders (The fat guy from Three Bridges)

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold

One thing which is worth remembering about Peco is that they never release a product until two things have happened.  First they need to be happy that they have got it right, including the ability to mass produce it, and it might need to rework tooling etc to do that - that can cause production dates to slip (sorry) back.  Secondly they won't release new items until they have built up a sufficient stock to at least fully cover all initial retailer orders.  According to something I was told at Pecorama that delayed the appearance of the bullhead points because there had been some manufacturing problems and they were, at teh timer I enquired, busily manufacturing points but had not made enough at that time to meet all their orders

I think as ever with any new product the approach to take is that it will be here when it is here, and not before, and beyond placing an order with our favoured stockist that is all we can rely on. 

• Agree 3

10 hours ago, Godders said:

Hi Dave, 
I was surprised, nay shocked, that you were using Peco BH. 
You were my role model for 4-SF, I thought you would have just, "knocked up", a Double Slip in 4-SF. Hahaha

Regards Godders (The fat guy from Three Bridges)

Haha.

Thanks, but I feel it has just become too expensive to built track now what with the cost of the chairs and the sleepers.

Anyway, I just needed something easy and quick.

Dave. ( Just as fat from Copthorne)