Class 37, by Accurascale

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, boxbrownie said:

Fran, I understand the WR had differences to the lamp brackets and only were allocated the centre head code box versions originally (somebody please correct me if wrong) are you going to be covering these small variations?

Otherwise it means I’ll have yet another ER rebel along with the Deltic on my WR layout! :blush:

Hi David, Yes, the WR versions had odd vertical lamp irons, which survived on many versions through to the present day (including some refurbished locos). While not in this run, we would certainly expect to see them in time :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, drjcontroller said:

Can I ask if provision will be made for conversion to EM/P4 as has been the case on previous announcements?  Can't see anything in this one.

Douglas

Hi Douglas, 

Yes, here is the full specification:

Common Features:

• Highly detailed OO scale model, 1:76.2
  • Heavy die-cast metal chassis
  • Provided DCC ready [21Pin MTX Socket] or Factory DCC Sound Fitted [ESU LokSound 5]
  • Accurate tumbleholme, nose, cab roof and cantrail curves taken from 3D Laser scan
  • Timeframe specific details, including but not limited to;
    • Bogies (Fabricated and three variations of Cast)
    • Fuel tanks (As built and with later smooth-sided long range fuel tank)
    • Early Class 37/0 features frost grille, boiler filler panel and access steps
    • Early Class 37/0 features illuminated split headcode displays with a selection of different four-character headcodes
    • Class 37/6 have operational WIPAC light clusters and top headlight and numerous different nose slides all including multiple working socket
    • Three styles of buffer: large round Oleo, oval and squared oval
    • Three styles of nose grilles: as built, refurbished ‘split’ and refurbished ‘single piece’
    • Boiler exhaust, and two styles of plated boiler panel
    • With or without bufferbeam skirts
    • With or without cab roof vents and bodyside windows
    • Nose and roof aerials and antennas (where applicable)
    • Three styles of windscreen: standard, centre toughened and all toughened
    • Three styles of cab interior: as built, refurbished and modern DRS locos
    • Four bufferbeam variations with different piping configurations
    • Door kickplates where applicable
    • Multiple body and nose slides to accurately represent almost every member of the class, including three variations of cantrail grille: early EE (for D6700-D6704), later EE and RSH
    • Four roof styles: Original double riveted, single riveted, welded and welded with antennas
  • Separately applied etched metal and high fidelity plastic detail parts, including grab handles, aerials, steps, wipers, nameplates, crests and more.
  • Etched metal door kickplates (where applicable), ‘frost’ grille (where applicable) & super fine etched metal roof grille
  • Scale width wire handrails
  • Turned brass roof-mounted horns on centre headcode examples
  • Full underbody tank detail with brackets and pipework
  • Bogies feature separate footsteps, brake cylinders, speed recorder, end brake rigging and very fine brake chain
  • Brake blocks on trucks (bogies) in line with wheels (can be moved for EM/P4 gauges)
  • Numerous other locomotive-specific details yet to be revealed!
  • RP25-110 profile OO gauge wheels with fine scale ‘drop in’ EM (18.2mm gauge) and P4 (18.83mm gauge) wheels available separately
  • Accurate high-fidelity miniature snowploughs
  • Fully sprung metal buffers, extra-fine factory-installed pipework and screw couplings
  • Correct height mini-tension-lock couplers with NEM socket as well as a fully detailed bufferbeam
  • High Performance traction, to include;
    • High-quality five-pole motor with two flywheels
    • Metal Helical Gear box for maximum performance and slow speed running
    • Gearing arranged so locomotive can achieve a scale top speed of 100 mph (160 km/h)
    • DCC ready with PowerPack capacitor for uninterrupted power
    • All wheel drive and all wheel pickup
  • Fully detailed Lighting Pack, including: 
    • Directional lighting, DC and DCC
    • WIPAC light clusters where appropriate with day and night-time settings
    • Separately switched cab lighting and illuminated, details driver’s console, auto off on movement
    • Switchable red tail lights
  • RP25-110 wheels OO wheels with provision for re-gauging to p4 and EM gauge
  • Two quality speakers with large sound capsules for best possible sound (*on sound fitted models)
  • Minimum Radius 438mm (2nd Radius Set-track)
Edited by McC
Tidy indents
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 2

WOW!

Nothing for me in this first batch, but D6700 as preserved, or a large loco (preferably preserved) 37/4 would go down a treat.

This puts the cat among the pigeons - a very mainstream extremely long lived prototype. Good luck with it!!! can't wait for one eventually

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, G-BOAF said:

WOW!

Nothing for me in this first batch, but D6700 as preserved, or a large loco (preferably preserved) 37/4 would go down a treat.

This puts the cat among the pigeons - a very mainstream extremely long lived prototype. Good luck with it!!! can't wait for one eventually

I'm wondering if a split headcode all green might be a l/e/commission at some point.  Certainly would have my order.

• Agree 4

• RMweb Premium

Nice, but doubt if it will tempt me to replace my 37 fleet - but it did stop me buying 37025 today.  A class 40 that runs really well through points and gradient changes would have been my preference. Maybe that will be next.

Am I right in thinking that the real deltics, 37s and 50s had the same bogies?  Could be some economies of scale there.

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, McC said:

Hi David, Yes, the WR versions had odd vertical lamp irons, which survived on many versions through to the present day (including some refurbished locos). While not in this run, we would certainly expect to see them in time :)

That’s great news Fran, at last I can legitimately run a lovely 37 on my soon to be started (yes OK, no rush there Fran :D) WR layout, the Deltic will be a “lost boy”....but who cares? 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, boxbrownie said:

That’s great news Fran, at last I can legitimately run a lovely 37 on my soon to be started (yes OK, no rush there Fran :D) WR layout, the Deltic will be a “lost boy”....but who cares? 

You're most welcome,

Stephen (not Fran :)

• Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, McC said:

You're most welcome,

Stephen (not Fran :)

Well Stephen......this is another reason I reckon these are going to be special “Three styles of cab interior: as built, refurbished and modern DRS locos” what other manufacturer would go that far?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

1 hour ago, boxbrownie said:

First 37s on the Western were D6741/2 - still not covered by one of the announcements I know but even when these on loan locos went back to the ER visiting split boxers were certainly not unknown...

Have a read of 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
9 minutes ago, ThaneofFife said:

as with your deltics will these feature some engine room illumination?

They will actually, will get that note added to the site (as well as Directional lighting on DC and DCC

WIPAC light clusters where appropriate with day and night-time settings

Separately switched cab lighting and illuminated, details driver’s console, auto off on movement

Switchable red tail lights)

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, ColinK said:

Am I right in thinking that the real deltics, 37s and 50s had the same bogies?  Could be some economies of scale there.

Yes and No..

As built Deltic & Class 55’s had fabricated bogies.

In service those bogies were prone to cracking at 100mph speeds.

Class 37’s were built with fabricated bogies, at lower speeds these were fine.

After issues with class 55’s were uncovered, a new Cast bogie was made, which was stronger and harder wearing, those bogies outlasted the class 55’s as all of them were swapped from Class 55’s at withdrawal (including the preserved ones), and were placed under class 37’s, including various 37/6’s and prototype D6700/37350.

Class 50’s were built with cast bogies from new. Post withdrawal of 37’s the various Class 55’s got their cast bogies back, D6700 also had its bogies swapped back to original Fabricated bogies too.

you can tell the difference by looking at the top bar of the bogie frame, if its indented (I bar shape) its fabricated, if its fully flush as a block its cast.

see below..

37E9CC63-673A-4910-BAF7-2A791C0E5AFC.jpeg

23628AAC-08EA-4486-9671-FF1F02F363A4.jpeg

• Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 1