Class 37, by Accurascale

35 minutes ago, Daddyman said:

Well, this is super news! ....sort of... What a barmy choice of locos for the 37/0 with just 5 prototypes and no conversion/renumbering possibilities! Just look how many people on the thread have said they want a Scottish one. 

I did promise myself that I'd buy another Deltic if Accurascale announced a 37, purely to support them commercially, but we're not quite there yet with the current range of models being proposed - there's nothing I can use. 

I'm eternally grateful to Accurascale for releasing this and saving us from trying to polish the other t**d, but come on - release some versions we can work with! 

Depends how much of a stickler for accuracy you are, D6769 -6795 are a easy renumber potentially..

• RMweb Gold
25 minutes ago, 50A55B said:

Hi Fran

Great news, I’m really looking forward to these. 

I’d like to ask about the green version graphics, please.

The D6702 graphic depicts a pretty rare combination of small yellow end with TOPS data panel, whereas the D6704 graphic depicts GFYE without a TOPS data panel, which locos with full yellow ends commonly had. Are these graphics based on photos of the prototypes?

Also, if the 41A shedcode depiction is a representation of the paint stencilled style rather than the early cast shedplates the 41A should be on one line, not with the A below the number. There’s a nice 1969 photo of D6706 showing this combination with NB  too on Rail Online.

https://www.rail-online.co.uk/p251491321/e1b472425

Thanks again for producing these.

Simon

Hi Simon,

Well spotted and an error on our part. It will be corrected and updated.

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Daddyman said:

Well, this is super news! ....sort of... What a barmy choice of locos for the 37/0 with just 5 prototypes and no conversion/renumbering possibilities! Just look how many people on the thread have said they want a Scottish one. 

I did promise myself that I'd buy another Deltic if Accurascale announced a 37, purely to support them commercially, but we're not quite there yet with the current range of models being proposed - there's nothing I can use. 

I'm eternally grateful to Accurascale for releasing this and saving us from trying to polish the other t**d, but come on - release some versions we can work with! 

Which just proves you can't please all of the people, all of the time.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

On 19/11/2019 at 18:30, Accurascale Fran said:

All_Composite_A.jpg.c5d69b0832ec8414e7db0db1e283fb25.jpg

Hi everyone,

In what appears to be the worst kept secret, ever, we can confirm that our next locomotive release is the iconic Class 37/EE Type 3, with the original as built first five locomotives built at Vulcan Foundry with their unique detail differences, and of course the darlings of the modern railway, the DRS 37/6 making up our first in a series of 37 related announcements! 

Mask_Class-370-V6-D6702-BR-Green-SYE.jpg.523642c4daf5d300ae0436610db70248.jpg

Whoa! Okay, we can hear the howls of 'They've been done before to death! Why are you duplicating an existing model!?!' So let us explain...

Yes, the 37 has been done before, but existing models just don't do it for us and not all variants have been covered. It's evident too that modellers crave a whole new generation of Class 37s, with the latest technology, intricate detail differences, and the distinctive shape of these perfectly captured. We received a large amount of calls in our own customer poll and noted the demand in the recent 'Wishlist' poll for a 37 done 'The Accurascale Way', so here it is! 

Mask_Class-376-V3-37602-DRS-Compass.jpg.0a9d2927ce3a689d47d13587cfc61bca.jpg

CAD is almost complete, sparing for a last round of corrections (there are some of these errors in the renders, so don't worry, we know what they are and we are putting them right!) Prices will be from £169.99 for DCC ready and £259.99 DCC sound (file provider TBC, but talks are ongoing!) and will be available direct to order from us for a £30 deposit or from our new network of stockists!

We will have a 3D print of the 37 on our stand this weekend at Warley, B46, and we will be on hand to answer any questions around the project. (Ask Gareth especially, as it's his baby!) Delivery is slated for Q4 2020. 

More info here, including running numbers, liveries and history: https://accurascale.co.uk/blogs/news/new-announcement-37-6-and-as-built-type-3

(Oh and no, this is NOT our Warley announcement! We still have that announcement to come on Saturday!) 

Cheers!

Fran

Excellent!

Never really expected this, good that you'll are covering prototypes that's not been done in RTR form before. But I do hope you'll will cover all variants over time.

Europhoenix for me!

After much debate and discussion amongst the modern image section at WMRC about this announcement, I've decided to take the plunge and go for 37609. Now I've got time to look at what to run behind it (or save up for another one at t'other end)!

Looking forward to seeing these run on Loftus Road in 2021.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Most awesome news of the decade! Yes, I said it...the decade of 2010-2020! Who would bet releasing a fine looking 37/6 would have happened in my life time. Everything seems to be for steam and BR - zzzz... DRS DRS DRS!!!! 

Only we need a cherry on the top, 37423 in all her glorious liveries...

Looking forward to batch two already, I am after 607 in compass to run with a new NR IM coaches. 

(Minorly gutted about 608 with ROG branding, would have preferred Europhoenix but I appreciate 608 only headed NR IM trains for 2 years in this livery)

• Thanks 1

Interesting development. I particularly like the area around the tanks, often a weak point on diesels. They actually look like they're suspended underneath the loco by brackets rather than being a plastic lump protruding from the body... The cutouts and pipework look good as well. I spent ages doing all this to a Bachmann example.

Nothing for me in the first batch but as and when green South Wales machines appear (perhaps even including an RSH example) then I'll be buying a few. 

Justin

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, jjnewitt said:

They actually look like they're suspended underneath the loco by brackets rather than being a plastic lump protruding from the body.

Hope they leave them empty. I need somewhere for extra speakers.  No fuel in the tanks please.

• Like 1

Elephant in the room question......

Why announce this three days before Warley? It is surely a "Warley-esque" announcement, as the Deltic was last year.

I wonder if another manufacturer has had the carpet whipped out from beneath them?

Yours Truly,

Mr Suspicious-Cynic

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Porcy Mane said:

Hope they leave them empty. I need somewhere for extra speakers.  No fuel in the tanks please.

The 37 will feature a large EM2 type speaker, and a medium sized 'iphone' style in the sound fitted models (as well as a super-capacitor powerPack) 

At this time, only the LokSound v5 natively supports two speakers - not sure three would improve much (other than set off local seismic measurements!) :)

• Like 1
  • Funny 3

19 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi there,

My, we are cynical, aren’t we?! Only kidding.

The simple reasons are it’s very difficult for a small team like us to cover Warley and handle the hundreds (and yes, it’s that many) of online queries, social media comments etc a loco announcement (especially one of this significance) brings! We learned that the hard way. That and we wanted to give the item we are launching at the show it’s own room to breathe. I am also led to believe that there will be other announcements at the show so it was good to have our day in the sun on the 37. It’s been a most successful way of doing it too.

Cheers!

Fran

I totally agree with your strategy - far better to have time to talk to people on this rather than wasting time announcing stuff. I like your approach... and am looking forward to your 80/90s variants following this successful launch!

cheers

Will

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
43 minutes ago, classy52 said:

Can someone confirm if 37609 is currently still in operation with DRS?...cheers.

Currently in store at Longtown.

Since December 2018 if records are correct.

• Thanks 2