Class 37, by Accurascale

• RMweb Gold

That’s a 37/6 cab with not only The partition  but all the controls and gauges in the revised positions 

12 minutes ago, Fitzer said:

Is that the new or old cab with the partition wall right behind the seats? Think that's 37/6 mod?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
30 minutes ago, McC said:

Each loco will have the correct interior. We are tooling up many different tools in cabs alone :)

You realise of course now you’ll have to be making a cabriolet class 37 just to show off the cab detail :lol:

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium

Does anyone know when the nameplate bolts were removed from the bodyside of D6704?

I know nameplates were fitted in April 1964 (2nd East Anglian Regiment) but never unveiled and then removed the following month.

I've not been able to find a picture of it in this livery to tie this down.

Douglas

• RMweb Premium

Just ordered a pair of KUAs from A-S......wow......no where to run them but that didn’t stop me :lol:

Not sure they will get around the curves on my proposed layout and will look daft resting in the Milk loading bay but hey......RULE .1. 

Edited by boxbrownie
  • Like 1

On ‎19‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 21:49, Accurascale Fran said:

We will be including snow ploughs where appropriate.

Cheers!

Fran

Fran, How will the snow ploughs be attached? Will they be linked to the body or attached to the bogies, so the move round when the loco goes around a corner? Please say to the chassis, as the Bachmann 37 looks daft when the snow ploughs move with the bogies. Tony.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Tony Walker said:

Fran, How will the snow ploughs be attached? Will they be linked to the body or attached to the bogies, so the move round when the loco goes around a corner? Please say to the chassis, as the Bachmann 37 looks daft when the snow ploughs move with the bogies. Tony.

Hi Tony,

Can confirm that they will be chassis mounted.

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 6

8 hours ago, drjcontroller said:

Does anyone know when the nameplate bolts were removed from the bodyside of D6704?

I know nameplates were fitted in April 1964 (2nd East Anglian Regiment) but never unveiled and then removed the following month.

I've not been able to find a picture of it in this livery to tie this down.

Douglas

I've not been able to find any photo of D6704 with any bolts showing on the bodyside after March 1969, which is the earliest photo of the loco I've found of the loco after 1964. So I suspect they were removed along with the nameplate.

Paul J.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Swindon 123 said:

I've not been able to find any photo of D6704 with any bolts showing on the bodyside after March 1969, which is the earliest photo of the loco I've found of the loco after 1964. So I suspect they were removed along with the nameplate.

Paul J.

Here is a picture of 37004 in 1987, still with the bolts present.

I have a similar one of 37007 somewhere, which I believe took them right through to the point of refurbishment. I will sort it out.

Martin.

37004_DmbrtnA18-8-87.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

And it appears they lasted beyond refurbishment. Well even I have learnt something tonight! Looks like they were finally gone when it went into Metals livery.

37003 lasted until sometime between 1972 and 1976 with visible bolts.

37506.jpg

37506_1.jpg

Edited by martinC37LG
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Having looked at the model print and the 'flyer' yesterday I think it is extremely kind of Accurascale to produce models of not just one but a number of locos from my former fleet of 37/6s.  Only thing is they seem to have got the livery 'wrong' and used the colour scheme of the folk I sold some of them to - mind you it is a very nice colour scheme and to be honest  I do think it's a lot more striking than ours was ;)

However as always I would remind those lovely fellahs from across the water about MDOs - you know what I mean!

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

4 hours ago, D400 said:

This is a game changer. Particularly impressed by the bogie and underframe detail. 

Bruce

IMG_0686a.jpg

IMG_0688a.jpg

Totally agree...that roof fan/grille looks spot on..and the dubious double rain strip above the cab door/windows as on the Bach model is gone....hopefully the front cab/window shape will finally be faithful to the prototype.....gonna be yet another great model...from Accurascale....great stuff lads...keep em coming....

Edited by tractor_37260
additional info
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1