Class 37, by Accurascale

• RMweb Premium
8 minutes ago, Ouroborus said:

Thanks for posting and for the link. 

I hadn't seen this until now. Really pleased with this announcement because I have several Bachmann DRS & Colas 37s and I am going to be buying some DRS 37/6s and 37608 from Accurascale which is now operated by Europhoenix/Rail Operations Group, so now to have a special Limited Edition Network Rail Yellow 37/97 on offer this is fantastic. Alike 37608 this will add some variety to my fleet. I'm pleased that I sold my ViTrains pair (97302 & 97304) last year and I never bought the now rather expensive 97303 via Ebay. 

Well done Accurascale and thank you for the festive announcement. Hoping to have one of these. 

Merry Christmas everyone! 

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

On 20/11/2019 at 16:25, w124bob said:

The beauty of the class 37 is the huge oppurtunity for variation and it's longevity, something for nearly everyone and every region . Real earner for the company for many years to come , really looking forward to some Scots '80's versions and 001 can be renumbered to several suitable locos with just the addition of headcode blanks and a scotty dog . Now I'm off to look at 37039 and find my credit card!

37 001 is not really suitable to change to 039 or many other later 37/0's apart from it having  original style glass headcode box panels it also had removable cant rail grille panels, which AFAIK were only fitted to 37001/2/3/4 ? along with the extra RSH build cantrail grille support strips.

No doubt a more suitable version 37/0 to change, will be produced in the future.....

Edited by tractor_37260
additional info
  • Like 1
  • Agree 3

3 hours ago, tractor_37260 said:

37 001 is not really suitable to change to 039 or many other later 37/0's apart from it having  original style glass headcode box panels it also had removable cant rail grille panels, which AFAIK were only fitted to 37001/2/3/4 ? along with the extra RSH build cantrail grille support strips.

No doubt a more suitable version 37/0 to change, will be produced in the future.....

I realised this after I'd done a bit more research, still just makes future releases more tantalising.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

Very much looking forward to seeing this model progress, even if none of the original releases are suitable for my late 90s period.   Looking at the prototype shown at Warley it looks like it will certainly solve the main weaknesses of the Bachmann model (windscreen, gap between nose and body and the chassis as a whole).  If you do a sector or transrail 37/6 or an EWS splitbox 37/0 it will certainly appear on my shopping list.  In the mean time I need to start upgrading my Bachmann chassis so they won’t stand out so much I think!

• Like 2

I'm tempted by a pair of 37/6 locomotives in the original DRS livery (ie as 37605 and 37607), but I'm wondering when did DRS started to repaint these locomotives into the 'Compass' livery (as per 37602 and 37606)?  I think the first batch of 57/0 that DRS leased from Porterbrook in July 2007 carried the 'Compass' livery from new, but were these the first locomotives in the 'new' (at the time) livery, or had any Class 37's been repainted at that date?

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, Dungrange said:

I'm tempted by a pair of 37/6 locomotives in the original DRS livery (ie as 37605 and 37607), but I'm wondering when did DRS started to repaint these locomotives into the 'Compass' livery (as per 37602 and 37606)?  I think the first batch of 57/0 that DRS leased from Porterbrook in July 2007 carried the 'Compass' livery from new, but were these the first locomotives in the 'new' (at the time) livery, or had any Class 37's been repainted at that date?

37423 and 37610 were the first in the Compass livery, ex-works in November 2007. 

37602 was ex-works in Compass livery July 2008 and 37606 in September 2011. 

By May 2014 the updated compass livery was being applied with 37423 being first. 

Roy

Edited by Roy Langridge
  • Thanks 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, tractor_37260 said:

Anyone know if the nose ends will be a separate/removable ? part on the Accurascale 37's ? 

TIA

Hi there,

these are not removable. To make them swappable requires some subtle compromises that we don’t like and creates a very unrealistic join line where one does not exist in real life.

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 8
  • Agree 4
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, tractor_37260 said:

Na ......   one of these or any of it's sisters....I think would have FAR bigger appeal, but I'm biased..............;)

Large logo has certainly worked for Bachmann ! Can you imagine those to accurascale standards ? Fly off the shelves 

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Dang, you guys have us bugged! We thought we’d do an Irish twist on it though, release date is April 1st, 2020...

685731354_Garda37.JPG.3e079de1ce83f4ec5bb318b891a8ebed.JPG

Ha!

Unless the perps stay on the railway lines, there is no way An Garda will be chasing some low-lifes across Ballymun in one of those. (There's not even a blue flashing light, which as we all know, signifies to all that they have been caught and must stop running immediately!)

Edited by Damo666
  • Funny 1