Class 37, by Accurascale

16 hours ago, tractor_37260 said:

One of these or any of it's sisters....I think would have FAR bigger appeal, but I'm biased..............;)

'Nods enthusiastically'

But as a general release model not as a special edition (had enough of Bachmann doing that)

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, 37081LochLong said:

'Nods enthusiastically'

But as a general release model not as a special edition (had enough of Bachmann doing that)

Seasons Greetings John/all

General release or Special edition whatever...97301 is the same RRP as general releases and if that's how Accurascale intend to market them .....then bring em on.....although production quantity may well be reduced on specials.

Bachmann's so called Rep 's edition specials and L/Edition's were hiked in price unnecessarily, production costs would have been the same for both specials & general releases......their annual pricing review in Feb 2020 should prove interesting...!

Edited by tractor_37260
additional info
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, bigP said:

Video footage from inside the Bachmann Boardroom, where Pricing strategy was being discussed, has been leaked to YouTube....

https://youtu.be/vjD3EVC1-zU?t=71

H.N.Y. y'all!

Paul

Aye nice one......very likely true, but perhaps some RRP cuts also a la  Class 66....

Edited by tractor_37260
  • Funny 1

3 hours ago, delticfan said:

Interesting pricing strategy from Bachmann yes, we’ll all be offloading them onto eBay in readiness for the definitive 37 from Accurascale. Someone should tell Bachmann not to bother.

Typically I had just bought my first two Bachmann 37s when the Accurascale announcement was made. At least they are the fairly sought after 025 and 099 as they are today. I will be keeping them for a while yet unless Accurascale go to do normal split headcodes with those specific ones (as far as I am aware 025 is the only big logo split headcode on the main network at the moment, and 099 is Colas' only split headcode?)

I prefer the split headcode to the central one!

I have got a NR and EP 37 on pre order from Accurascale though

My policy on the Bachmann 37 (vs Accurascale) is the same with the 66 (vs Hattons), I aren't getting rid but just not buying any more of them!

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, tractor_37260 said:

.....although production quantity may well be reduced on specials.

unfortunately that's the bit that bothers me. With a general release I'd feel I was OK to get a few of the model over a short period of time to convert to others in the class, but with a lesser number made I'd have to try and afford them straight away all together for fear of them selling out. So I'd still prefer a general release for it rather than a special. That way leaving specials for little oddities :D

Although 37081 in L/L with its original hand painted numbers would be good as a special... :D

Edited by 37081LochLong
37081 addon
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi everyone,

Just to explain the ‘Accurascale exclusive’ concept; we will do one per each locomotive production run. So, 97301 will be the only ‘exclusive’ of this run. The others will be general release. 

97301 has been amazingly popular so far, thank you to everyone who has placed an order!

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

Just to explain the ‘Accurascale exclusive’ concept; we will do one per each locomotive production run. So, 97301 will be the only ‘exclusive’ of this run. The others will be general release. 

97301 has been amazingly popular so far, thank you to everyone who has placed an order!

Cheers!

Fran

Presumably only “one batch” per production run rather than one model.......or they are going to be very, very exclusive!

• Agree 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Cheers!

Fran

that one paragraph just prompted me to actually order 97301 rather than my usual ‘maybe next week, another week won’t matter’ attitude which is normally when I find I’m too late to order one 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, big jim said:

that one paragraph just prompted me to actually order 97301 rather than my usual ‘maybe next week, another week won’t matter’ attitude which is normally when I find I’m too late to order one 

Oddly enough, I ordered 97301 as soon as it was announced (about 5 minutes after the email was in my inbox) because of the limited edition nature of it. But it did lead to me ordering a Europhoenix one which was on my "maybe next week" list!

On 01/01/2020 at 16:38, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

Cheers!

Fran

Couple of questions Fran, if I decide I want sound on the two 37s is it simple to upgrade when I have only paid a deposit so far? I aren't 100% on what to do as I aren't really bothered about sound but given I'd put a £30 decoder in them it would not be that dear an upgrade.

And what is the size of the run for 97301 since it's a limited edition?

Cheers!

• RMweb Gold

Hi Tom,

You can indeed upgrade, just email us and we can change it for you. We will have to have a cut off point before we firm up numbers but we will give you plenty of notice!

We're looking at 500 units split between DCC ready and sound.

Cheers!

Fran

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Tom,

You can indeed upgrade, just email us and we can change it for you. We will have to have a cut off point before we firm up numbers but we will give you plenty of notice!

We're looking at 500 units split between DCC ready and sound.

Cheers!

Fran

Cheers I will give it a think.

500 is a good number, enough to be worth your while but limited enough to be fairly exclusive

• RMweb Premium
On 31/12/2019 at 19:13, TomScrut said:

Typically I had just bought my first two Bachmann 37s when the Accurascale announcement was made. At least they are the fairly sought after 025 and 099 as they are today. I will be keeping them for a while yet unless Accurascale go to do normal split headcodes with those specific ones (as far as I am aware 025 is the only big logo split headcode on the main network at the moment, and 099 is Colas' only split headcode?)

Whilst not in Colas' livery, split box 37057 also operates under the Colas banner...............

(And has just lost it's headcode blinds in favour of "domino" style)

• Informative/Useful 1

Just now, newbryford said:

Whilst not in Colas' livery, split box 37057 also operates under the Colas banner...............

(And has just lost it's headcode blinds in favour of "domino" style)

Oh aye, I did know about that one. It's a loaner like 025 isn't it?

Not available in RTR is it from what I can see?

It's a shame it's lost the blinds as I think they look cool!

• RMweb Premium
5 minutes ago, TomScrut said:

Oh aye, I did know about that one. It's a loaner like 025 isn't it?

Not available in RTR is it from what I can see?

It's a shame it's lost the blinds as I think they look cool!

37057 is listed as being owned by Colas.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, newbryford said:

37057 is listed as being owned by Colas.

its likely to be painted in colas colours soon too, it’s starting to look a bit scabby now compared to when it first went on the mainline 

6C64DE7A-7B52-4F8D-B9ED-2C5592E1949B.jpeg.933921351e093bae863b06676cbe8573.jpeg

And it’s a pain to get a decent photo of at night as it is now! 

Edited by big jim
  • Like 5
  • Informative/Useful 1

3 hours ago, big jim said:

its likely to be painted in colas colours soon too, it’s starting to look a bit scabby now compared to when it first went on the mainline 

6C64DE7A-7B52-4F8D-B9ED-2C5592E1949B.jpeg.933921351e093bae863b06676cbe8573.jpeg

And it’s a pain to get a decent photo of at night as it is now! 

The standard Colas livery with the new logo or is there a new livery to go with the new logo

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi everyone,

Just to add a request that popped up on the Deltic thread regarding dates for the operation of the Class 37s in the liveries we are doing

37001 BR Blue (Early 1970s)
D6702 BR Green w/SYP (Late 1960s)
D6704 BR Green w/FYE (Late 1960s/Early 1970s)
37602 DRS Compass (2008-present)
37605 DRS Original (2002-2012)
37606 DRS Compass (2011-present)
37607 DRS Original (2005-2012)
37608 Europhoenix (2017-present)
37609 DRS Revised (2014-present)
97301 Network Rail (2013-present)

Many thanks,

Fran

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Informative/Useful 4

• RMweb Gold

Hi folks 

Looking at your image of D6702,  a minor point...

Assume this is the image you are working from? An interesting collection of cab side markings!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/fireman_fotter/15539523940/

Just be aware that as you have it portrayed at https://accurascale.co.uk/products/d6702 you have the shed allocation laid out as if it were a shed plate with the alpha digit under the numerics. On the photo it isnt a plate , its a sticker and the digits should all be on the same line.

Hope that helps!

Kind regards

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Phil,

Good spot! We have the updated artwork here to reflect this. :)

Class-370-V6-D6702-BR-Green-SYE.jpg.65d41c2028b47ca33d07745d88ad3aa4.jpg

Cheers!

Fran

Cheers Fran

No messing there then... looks like you also have the boiler port blanked, that should be correct for NB loco but cant find a clear shot of the roof of this loco in this era....

Was resisting these pending early Welsh locos but a Tinsley loco would have worked through Abbotswood....

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, Phil Bullock said:

Cheers Fran

No messing there then... looks like you also have the boiler port blanked, that should be correct for NB loco but cant find a clear shot of the roof of this loco in this era....

Was resisting these pending early Welsh locos but a Tinsley loco would have worked through Abbotswood....

We will be offering alternative boiler port blanking plates in a polybag for these early locos as the boiler situation was fluid at this time, so you get the choice of both! :)

Cheers,

Fran

• Like 5