Class 37, by Accurascale

Having been recently overcome with newbryford virus, have finally succumbed and ordered a NR yellow one. :D

And now that Accurascale have launched the 37/0’s, am patiently waiting for the launch of an orange one. :excl:

As they mention HNRC on their intro blurb, 37087 would be very nice! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 3

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, 43078shildoncountydurham said:

Please look at the 5 br blue steel named loco’s at Teesside from the 1980’s 

oh this is interesting, Are you referring to 37501 (In BS blue) and 502+ ?

Steel trains around Manchester weren't overly common, but I saw a few pairs of these heading through Manchester towards Warrington, very rare around our area. I think there was a specific project going on as they only came through for a short period, one summer..37501+502 made it once, and promptly the Lima pair became extinct in our areas model shops, though I missed it. Looking at my Platform 5 I saw 37504,5,6,10,11,17,18,19.. as I never went to their territory its safe to say they came to mine, c1988-90.

We used to regularly get Cardiff 37/9’s each week, I think once or twice weekly, as well as very ratty condition 37/0’s on steel from Scotland down the s&c to Blackburn and Bolton to Manchester again once, twice a week. 37037 Gartcosh being a regular and easy to remember.

Edited by adb968008

• RMweb Gold
On 30/01/2020 at 12:51, adb968008 said:

All of them, if they are off a real prototype.

Thing is knowing theres so many shades of green means it doesnt matter youve a few shades of green on your shed, as there was different shades of green on real sheds too.

Theres little point applying direct science to a study of variables.

Which green is the right one here ?

E43C7C12-D804-48C4-A20B-29DC26312C55.jpeg

None of them. They are all white.

• Funny 3

3 hours ago, drjcontroller said:

Count me in for one or two of these if they ever make production.

Back to those already announced, any thoughts on easy to change headcodes?

Edited by The Ghost of IKB
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, The Ghost of IKB said:

Count me in for one or two of these if they ever make production.

Back to those already announced, any thoughts on easy to change headcodes?

Yes, a sheet of appropriate headcodes will be provided, just need to remove lense, add desired headcode, and replace.

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 7

• RMweb Gold
14 hours ago, drjcontroller said:

the embellishments on those locos were added by a former work colleague of mine at DRS who used to be a fitter at thornaby, Russ P will probably know who I’m talking about 

I remember him saying he got a right rollicking for those 5 37s as they shouldn’t have had the white stripes but he had some paint left over from doing the tyre walls! 

anything ‘oddball’ out of Thornaby was his doing on a night shift, large numbers on various 37s and 47s, yellow stripes on the chemical 47’s, pimped up 20s the lot, I could listen to some of his tales for hours, one of my favourites being the original number 3s on 47363 ‘Billingham Enterprise’  being upside down (narrow at the bottom)

Not my pic, click on for Flickr link

Class 47 47363

quite simply he cut the numbers out of vinyl on his kitchen table and put the template the wrong way in relation to the sticky side and only noticed once he had finished! 

it was nice to put a human face and back story to the things that you remember seeing as a kid out spotting that made the day special such as an unusual livery in a sea of br blue, as for the story of the ‘Grimsby prawn peeler’ he picked up while out on the pull that was like listening to something from a chubby brown routine but in real life 

Edited by big jim
  • Like 8
  • Funny 6

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi everyone,

We're glad our friends at Rails of Sheffield have taken 37 610 on as a special edition. Oliver has posted a thread about it in the Rails section with all the info!

37610-Rails-Nathan-Williamson-2000px.jpg.d95d9fde91382299cf6a826e658141bf.jpg

Cheers,

Fran

Edited by Accurascale Fran
  • Like 6

1 minute ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

We're glad our friends at Rails of Sheffield have taken 37 610 on as a special edition. Oliver has posted a thread about it in the Rails section with all the info!

37610-Rails-Nathan-Williamson-2000px.jpg.76121be3f8bb854a9084f31eee86cee7.jpg

Cheers,

Fran

You sadistic mongrels...can't afford it, really need it, an absolute must...wife will kill me...buying it!

• Funny 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

6 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Dont blame us, blame Rails! :lol:

Cheers!

Fran 

Oh yeah they held you at gunpoint or did they tickle your belly :jester:...now I'm up for execution at the hands of my better half, I can no longer hide this sh!t from her :scared:

Christ that will now be 5 Class 37's with sound & 1 Class 55 (Rails) with sound and I still haven't ordered the damn Spirit of the Lakes!

Edited by classy52
  • Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
On 10/04/2020 at 14:10, Accurascale Fran said:

Yes, a sheet of appropriate headcodes will be provided, just need to remove lense, add desired headcode, and replace.

Cheers!

Fran 

Ha, that's interesting...by which means does one remove the lens? An external or internal method (separating body from chassis?) and how is the lens secured?

• RMweb Gold
10 minutes ago, classy52 said:

Oh yeah they held you at gunpoint or did they tickle your belly :jester:...now I'm up for execution at the hands of my better half, I can no longer hide this sh!t from her :scared:

A Sheffield envoy travelled to Dublin pre-lockdown and copious pints of Guinness were consumed, especially by Mr. Rails himself, who had his first pint of the black stuff in many, many years and I believe it has since become his tipple of choice. Best meeting we ever had! 

This was before the drinking started, but you wouldnt know that by my face! 

408357905_railsandaccurascaleDublin.jpg.e64be962a7e71391645e1e5fc43b4f19.jpg

It was a good night in fairness. 

Cheers!

Fran 

Edited by Accurascale Fran
  • Funny 5

1 minute ago, Accurascale Fran said:

A Sheffield envoy travelled to Dublin pre-lockdown and many pints of Guinness was consumed, especially by Mr. Rails himself, who had his first pint of the black stuff in many, many years and I believe it has since become his tipple of choice since. Best meeting we ever had! 

Cheers!

Fran 

Love it!

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, Francis deWeck said:

Ha, that's interesting...by which means does one remove the lens? An external or internal method (separating body from chassis?) and how is the lens secured?

Hi Francis,

When it is fully tooled up we will post a demonstration as we work out the easiest method. 

Cheers!

Fran

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

copious pints of Guinness were consumed, especially by Mr. Rails himself,

No; doesn't look like it at all! :biggrin_mini2:

• Funny 3

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

A Sheffield envoy travelled to Dublin pre-lockdown and many pints of Guinness was consumed, especially by Mr. Rails himself, who had his first pint of the black stuff in many, many years and I believe it has since become his tipple of choice. Best meeting we ever had! 

Cheers!

Fran 

Now that’s a proper business meeting :derisive::drinks::sarcastic::prankster:  think I got the line up correct........

• Funny 4