Class 37, by Accurascale

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/06/2020 at 17:56, adb968008 said:

ive just been acquainted with this odd beast today, but gosh it sure does grunt well...

37610 sounded hellfire as she blasted through York this afternoon heading southbound light engine

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, Chilly said:

Will there be a model of D6700 as preserved in a similar manner to the one for the Kings own in Deltic form?

Chilly

Hi Chilly,

I'm sure it may happen at some point, we just have to wait and see.

Cheers!

Fran

3 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Chilly,

I'm sure it may happen at some point, we just have to wait and see.

Cheers!

Fran

Ah the waiting game, I have an order in for Kings own and Alycidon and this would be a great addition. (Kind of a preserved loco but still running theme going on).

Thanks Chilly

• RMweb Gold

Hmmm, don’t suppose I’ve got an excuse not to buy 37610 now!

my home for the next 8 hours trundling round the northern end of the Merseyrail network 

D098EB65_9C77_4457_A716_7C6816C218D0_IMG

She was being a bit temperamental earlier, didn’t want to fire up but I got her going in the end, low voltage relay tripped while starting which is common if you have lots of lights on etc, annoyingly the light which tells me it’s tripped wasn’t lit afterwards but I had a good idea what the issue was

• Like 15
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
11 hours ago, big jim said:

She was being a bit temperamental earlier, didn’t want to fire up but I got her going in the end, low voltage relay tripped while starting which is common if you have lots of lights on etc, annoyingly the light which tells me it’s tripped wasn’t lit afterwards but I had a good idea what the issue was

Maybe the decoder volume was set too high :lol:

• Funny 4

On 10/07/2020 at 22:12, big jim said:

As I've work with Harry in the past and this is one of his locos, follow the action plan for non starting locos,

(1) Blame batteries

(2) Call everyone else a c@@@

(3) Blame Big Norm or Des (very old hands will remember)

(4) Phone somebody from SB Depot

(5) Walk away and buy another

• Funny 8

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎10‎/‎07‎/‎2020 at 22:12, big jim said:

Hmmm, don’t suppose I’ve got an excuse not to buy 37610 now!

my home for the next 8 hours trundling round the northern end of the Merseyrail network 

D098EB65_9C77_4457_A716_7C6816C218D0_IMG

I saw this same loco at Lytham a few times last week on the Kirkham to Blackpool South line. Very unusual to see a loco on this line. I cant remember the last time I saw anything other than Sprinters or Pacers.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
19 minutes ago, richscylla said:

I'm looking to model 37051 in it's 1994/1995 condition after the 'car lamp' had been removed - are you able to let us know with the way that lamp is tooled how easy that would be to achieve?

Many thanks!

37051-082818

the lamp is a dedicated fitted part. If you wished you can snip the wiring and remove it   

I think 37248 in mainline blue would be super ...

sorry guys , since you announced this , you’ve opened yourself up to 300+ “ please make the one I want ...” options .

I’ d settle for a Dutch or EWS one as well . Now here’s a thought - has any thought been made of how the tampo on these will make it hard/ easy to renumber ?For instance  I don’t buy as much Hornby as Bachmann , as they are easy to do on Bachmann whereas Hornby goes straight through their paint .

That'll

make a difference to me as I enjoy renumbering 

Edited by rob D2
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

16 minutes ago, TomScrut said:

I'd be keen for a bit of this....

37250 at Leeming Bar station

Or any other 37 currently in that livery, but I like that this one is based in Yorkshire (even if it is a centre headcode)

Don’t want anything preserved or heritage in the scheme....I want the real thing from the 90s ! There’s enough 2010+ stuff in the range already 

• Funny 1

29 minutes ago, rob D2 said:

Don’t want anything preserved or heritage in the scheme....I want the real thing from the 90s ! There’s enough 2010+ stuff in the range already 

OTOH aren't there a few Bachmann ones from that era in that livery?

For me I aren't bothered who makes it (between AS and Bachmann, wouldn't want a H RR one) I'd be happy to see a present day Dutch loco, even better if it's a 37, even even better if it's split headcode but I don't think there is one.

1 hour ago, TomScrut said:

I'd be keen for a bit of this....

37250 at Leeming Bar station

Or any other 37 currently in that livery, but I like that this one is based in Yorkshire (even if it is a centre headcode)

I do love the legacy liveries but for me they would have to be either in current day running or preserved somewhere.

^^^^
yeah, I’m old enough to remember them in service in those colours......before the shed invasion got rid of all the character and it all went plastic and social media ....

Each to their own.

back to accurascale - I’m sure it’ll be better than Bachmann ....

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, rob D2 said:

^^^^
yeah, I’m old enough to remember them in service in those colours......before the shed invasion got rid of all the character and it all went plastic and social media ....

Each to their own.

back to accurascale - I’m sure it’ll be better than Bachmann ....

I do just about. I was born in 87.

And yes I hope (and expect) they will be better than the Bachmann. I just love the Dutch and engineer's grey liveries, and if I ever run out of era 11 stuff I want I'll be going back to era 8 which is when I first fell in love with trains.

• Friendly/supportive 1

It was the period 1985 to 91 that I spent photographing trains, travelling on trains and trying to get round depots. Every weekend and on as many weekdays as my apprenticeship would allow. Iconic locations like Eastfield, Thornaby and Cardiff Canton were packed with Class 37s. My favourites are from BR blue, Large Logo with Westie, Railfreight Grey and the Railfreight Sector liveries. 

John

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, rob D2 said:

I don’t know, LSL seem to have gotten it nailed with 47593 (and 47712/37688 though it’s not theirs, but they have good taste), plus too 90001/2.
37688 is on their roster, and it’s in it’s true livery of Railfreight Aggregates as it used to explode up peak forest with 37681,2 or 37684 often enough.  

Maybe they can be persuaded to turn out split headcode 37 in Dutch ? - I still remember being in horror and awe as Inverness favourite 37114 Dunrobin Castle gave up its Stag, large logo, and car headlight for a new name City of Worcester at Worcester openday... but it looked great in Dutch.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 1