Class 37, by Accurascale

3 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

I don’t know, LSL seem to have gotten it nailed with 47593 (and 47712/37688 though it’s not theirs, but they have good taste), plus too 90001/2.
37688 is on their roster, and it’s in it’s true livery of Railfreight Aggregates as it used to explode up peak forest with 37681,2 or 37684 often enough.  

Maybe they can be persuaded to turn out split headcode 37 in Dutch ? - I still remember being in horror and awe as Inverness favourite 37114 Dunrobin Castle gave up its Stag, large logo, and car headlight for a new name City of Worcester at Worcester openday... but it looked great in Dutch.

We digress again...but particular paint schemes invoke certain periods of life. Better periods. Better than 2020, so they can paint it whatever colour and it’s not the same even if accurate .

not forgetting your Inverness favourite , was actually an eastern region favourite , for 18 years before it got sent to Scotland ....

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

90001/2

It would have been nice if they had done one on RfD or RES but I understand why they'd want some sort of uniformity.

40 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

split headcode 37 in Dutch

I hope so. DRS have been fairly good with the retro liveries but I doubt they'll have anything suitable for dutch thats likely to be painted soon?

• RMweb Gold
58 minutes ago, TomScrut said:

It would have been nice if they had done one on RfD or RES but I understand why they'd want some sort of uniformity.

I hope so. DRS have been fairly good with the retro liveries but I doubt they'll have anything suitable for dutch thats likely to be painted soon?

37259 is probably closest, though it wasnt Dutch itself.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, 37114 said:

37038 was though

But has considerable surgery to its nose ends.

37069 would also be a candidate, Lima modelled it as Dutch too, however it too has had its nose ends reshaped just as 37038.

Hence 37259, its somewhat more original, if inaccurate for the livery itself, it has had the lights removed, but the box remains, putting even dummy lights back is easy enough, though doubt that would happen under current ownership.

Edited by adb968008

• RMweb Premium

I placed my pre-orders a couple of days ago, and now I am very happy and thoroughly looking forward to these models arriving. 

So I ended up pre-ordering the following:

37423 DRS Basic

37602 DRS Compass (to renumber to 37605, I am ignoring the minor differences to create a 605 because it's a favourite)

37606 DRS Compass

37608 Europhoenix/ROG

37609 DRS Revised

37610 BR 'Small Logo' Blue with wrap around yellow ends

KUA Twin Pack

TPE MK5a Pack 1

I also plan on pre-ordering a sound fitted DRS Compass 37602, because 602 in Compass has regularly worked with 605 and 606 in Compass and 609 in Revised. I may also buy BR Large Logo Blue 37409 'Lord Hinton' because upon doing some research, watching videos, checking dates etc I have realised in LL Blue 409 worked the Northern Cumbrian Coast loco hauled services, Greater Anglia loco hauled services, the final service/s for both of these loco hauled operations and has worked with 'Caroline' which I also pre-ordered in her latest guise of green. Whereas the Compass 409 I already own by Bachmann, has only worked the Cumbrian Coast loco hauled services and as far as I can tell never worked the GA loco hauled services in Compass and didn't work the finale for either of these operations in Compass livery. So the past two and a bit years since 409 was repainted into Large Logo Blue at Loram Derby, it has been rather busy until it was stored XHSS last month at Kingmoor. It definitely has a 'busy' reputation as a DRS 37/4. 

To complement the 37s I also pre-ordered x4 Bachmann Compass 20/3s to renumber and the Bachmann Network Rail Generator Coach '6262'. 

Thank you again Accurascale for announcing the definitive 37 in so many modern liveries. These are the models I have been waiting many years for. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, DRS Crewe On A Mission said:

I placed my pre-orders a couple of days ago, and now I am very happy and thoroughly looking forward to these models arriving. 

37423 DRS Basic

37602 DRS Compass (to renumber to 37605, I am ignoring the minor differences to create a 605 because it's a favourite)

37606 DRS Compass

37608 Europhoenix/ROG

37609 DRS Revised

KUA Twin Pack

TPE MK5a Pack 1

I also plan on pre-ordering a sound fitted DRS Compass 37602, because 602 in Compass has regularly worked with 605 and 606 in Compass and 609 in Revised. I may also buy BR Large Logo Blue 37409 'Lord Hinton' because upon doing some research, watching videos, checking dates etc I have realised in LL Blue 409 worked the Northern Cumbrian Coast loco hauled services, Greater Anglia loco hauled services, the final service/s for both of these loco hauled operations and has worked with 'Caroline' which I also pre-ordered in her latest guise of green. Whereas the Compass 409 I already own by Bachmann, has only worked the Cumbrian Coast loco hauled services and as far as I can tell never worked the GA loco hauled services in Compass and didn't work the finale for either of these operations in Compass livery. So the past two and a bit years since 409 was repainted into Large Logo Blue at Loram Derby, it has been rather busy until it was stored XHSS last month at Kingmoor. It definitely has a 'busy' reputation as a DRS 37/4. 

To complement the 37s I also pre-ordered x4 Bachmann Compass 20/3s to renumber and the Bachmann Network Rail Generator Coach '6262'. 

Thank you again Accurascale for announcing the definitive 37 in so many modern liveries. These are the models I have been waiting many years for. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

Wow good stuff and I thought I was bad :devil:

Edited by classy52
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium
30 minutes ago, classy52 said:

Wow good stuff and I thought I was bad :devil:

Fantastic isn't it mate. I can't wait to see all those 20s and 37s on the layout at some point. You're like me with the 37s, got to love them! I have come to the conclusion that I am now out of control, especially where Accurascale are concerned. 

Even when I pre-order 602 and possibly 409 after, I like 419 in BR Intercity Mainline and 97301 in NR Yellow. But I really shouldn't even be thinking about adding anything else to that already long list of models I am buying. 

24 minutes ago, TomScrut said:

Should we start a thread to have a competition as to who has most stuff on pre order from Accurascale :lol:

Haha, it's a good idea. Certainly Accurascale models are extremely popular. I have never seen so much interest, demand and pre-orders for models. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, DRS Crewe On A Mission said:

Haha, it's a good idea. Certainly Accurascale models are extremely popular. I have never seen so much interest, demand and pre-orders for models. 

I have all sorts from almost everyone on pre order but I think AS have the most at the moment. 5 locos, 2 carriage sets, a bundle of JSAs, KUAs, probably some other stuff I have forgotten about. And a declaration of interest in an 89.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DRS Crewe On A Mission said:

37423 DRS Basic

37606 DRS Compass

37608 Europhoenix/ROG

37609 DRS Revised

KUA Twin Pack

TPE MK5a Pack 1

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

That's an impressive list, I am going to order 3 x 37's 37608, 37609, 37423 , Mk5a TPE pack from Accurscale. Like you I have been waiting for the 37's for years.

I can only echo your thanks to Accurascale. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TomScrut said:

Should we start a thread to have a competition as to who has most stuff on pre order from Accurascale :lol:

Please god no.

There’s enough rather puerile willy waving about what “ I’m gonna buy “, in certain areas already .

• Agree 11
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold

Am I a winner ?

90592C13-C6B6-457C-8E09-2DBAF7444655.jpeg.794f01fa3065349472c4677cf1038c8c.jpeg

somewhere in that lot is 2 Deltics... I ordered them before they even announced them, my credit card was in Frans hand as he was talking.

ive yet to order a bunch of stuff, just waiting a few more unfullfilled to change to fulfilled... ive even prepared a sacrifice ready for that Deltic...

And Ive  not even got to 37/4’s yet...

Edited by adb968008
  • Funny 2

5 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

Am I a winner ?

90592C13-C6B6-457C-8E09-2DBAF7444655.jpeg.794f01fa3065349472c4677cf1038c8c.jpeg

somewhere in that lot is 2 Deltics... I ordered them before they even announced them, my credit card was in Frans hand as he was talking.

ive yet to order a bunch of stuff, just waiting a few more unfullfilled to change to fulfilled... ive even prepared a sacrifice ready for that Deltic...

Crikey I think you are...I take my hat off to you sir!

Fran, I think he deserves a freebie :jester:

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
13 minutes ago, classy52 said:

Crikey I think you are...I take my hat off to you sir!

Fran, I think he deserves a freebie :jester:

I think he gave me a C.arrier bag once, he did buy me a pint W.hen at the M.odel railway club, B.ecause hes a R.eA.lly    top maN.   :D

I do keep dropping mainline hints for him to consider, subtle ones.., He’s known to read these pages, with double arrows and rose plaques.

please. :clapping_mini:

Edited by adb968008
  • Funny 7

• RMweb Premium

I have all sorts from almost everyone on pre order but I think AS have the most at the moment. 5 locos, 2 carriage sets, a bundle of JSAs, KUAs, probably some other stuff I have forgotten about. And a declaration of interest in an 89.

I'm about the same but across different items from Accurascale. When I have ordered a sound fitted 602 that will make my total order of 37s up to seven, but I also really would like 409 in BR Large Logo Blue too so if I do have the funds I will most likely buy that one too at some point. 

1 hour ago, dave56 said:

That's an impressive list, I am going to order 3 x 37's 37608, 37609, 37423 , Mk5a TPE pack from Accurscale. Like you I have been waiting for the 37's for years.

I can only echo your thanks to Accurascale. 

Thanks Dave and it looks as though we are both buying the same models. The modern image 37s do wear some really nice liveries, and the fact that Accurascale are capturing many of them in the first batch alone is testimony to the fantastic manufacturer that they are. I have a big interest in DRS and their Class 37s, so when these were announced it was like all of my birthday's and Christmas' had come at once. I can't wait until they arrive and we are all posting photos of them on our layouts and in our cabinets. They sure will be brilliant. 

Yes they deserve all of the thanks they get for the Class 37s especially because we have needed a definitive Class 37 for many years, and to see a wider variety of 37s produced that the other manufacturers tooling doesn't incorporate such as the original 37s and 37/6s. Plus with Accurascale we get so many other lighting and DCC features with them. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
33 minutes ago, classy52 said:

Photos or it didn't happen :read:

i’m now officially famous on Accurascales website, for an hour or so..

I just ordered my 37s... you just need to look at the bottom left of their landing page at the pop ups of who bought what from where...

Those popups arent fake after all. :rolleyes:

So I guess there really is a Dellboy from Peckham buying JSAs an Arthur from Fulham buying class 92’s, and Stavos from Athens buying mk5’s.

Edited by adb968008
  • Funny 4

15 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

i’m now officially famous on Accurascales website, for an hour or so..

I just ordered my 37s... you just need to look at the bottom left of their landing page at the pop ups of who bought what from where...

Those popups arent fake after all. :rolleyes:

So I guess there really is a Dellboy from Peckham buying JSAs an Arthur from Fulham buying class 92’s, and Stavos from Athens buying mk5’s.

Yeah I always wondered about those notifications on their product pages and the names that popped up...Fran & Co sitting at their keyboards thinking up names & locations and giggling away like little girls :jester:

Edited by classy52
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Nope. all real. We really are that popular, cant quite believe we are this popular myself, but there you go! 

And then you woke up.

You aren't too popular with me as 2 of your 37s are still on my "virtually finished" pile after doing some actual modelling....................

:tease::crazy::P

• Agree 1
  • Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, classy52 said:

Photos or it didn't happen :read:

Haha...

1. KUA Twin Pack

2. TPE MK5a Pack 1

3. x5 Class 37s (423, 602 to become 605, 606, 608, 609, and of course 610 which won't show here because it's an Exclusive for Rails)

4. x1 DRS PFA Pack

5. I did buy the second loaded DRS PFA pack from the first batch, but from an Accurascale stockist

image.png.c2e53eb529633fbde726ba7c2468419c.png

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

• Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
18 hours ago, rob D2 said:

Please god no.

There’s enough rather puerile willy waving about what “ I’m gonna buy “, in certain areas already .

I am not about to wave my willy for anyone, it would only serve to highlight my impending bankruptcy and divorce.

• Funny 7