Class 37, by Accurascale

2 minutes ago, Dicky L said:

I am not about to wave my willy for anyone, it would only serve to highlight my impending bankruptcy and divorce.

Why not?  It would be just like a normal day in RMWeb land - No one would be able to agree.  Some may laugh, others cry!

Regards,

C.

• Agree 1
  • Funny 2

34 minutes ago, dogbox321 said:

Why not?  It would be just like a normal day in RMWeb land - No one would be able to agree.  Some may laugh, others cry!

Regards,

C.

And others would point out it's around 2mm too narrow in any case. 

• Agree 1
  • Funny 8

• 2 weeks later...

Won't be long now - Q2 2021 isn't far away - seriously.

I remember ordering, pre-Covid ... and that happened 6 months ago, the ordering a fair bit before that .... 

Thanks, as usual, for the update, and looking forward to 37 001 as ordered for me anyway.

Al.

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

The fact you are delivering to customers what looks like the most amazing & definitive Class 37 to date in under 18 months (would have been shorter not for global issues) is extraordinary in itself considering the tooling variations, I'm sure there will be next to zero complaints on the delivery timescale...fantastic work Accurascale!

• Like 4
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
30 minutes ago, classy52 said:

The fact you are delivering to customers what looks like the most amazing & definitive Class 37 to date in under 18 months (would have been shorter not for global issues) is extraordinary in itself considering the tooling variations, I'm sure there will be next to zero complaints on the delivery timescale...fantastic work Accurascale!

My only complaint is that each time these boys announce a delay, I seem to justify pre-ordering more!

Now considering a 37/6...

Roy

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

608021838_Class37group3.jpg.f6a2a8d3af5cf5d7832d40cf0d58d9b0.jpg

Hi everyone,

Over the coming weeks we will be providing you with updates on all our current projects including the Deltic, Class 92, KUA and JSA.

Today it is the turn of the Class 37! We go into full detail and map out the schedule of the arrival of the Class 37 engineering prototype, decorated samples and delivery of the models to your door!

Check out the full update here: https://accurascale.co.uk/blogs/news/class-37-project-update

Cheers!

Fran

Looking good, but why do the cab windows look bigger on the split box versions? Shouldn’t they be the same? Is it to do with the air horns on the centre headcode versions? 

Edited by brushman47544

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, brushman47544 said:

Looking good, but why do the cab windows look bigger on the split box versions? Shouldn’t they be the same? Is it to do with the air horns on the centre headcode versions? 

The older / pre-refurbished models have the 'as built' windows, the later versions were fitted with toughened / reinforced glazing with thicker frames. The model reflects this accurately :)

• Like 2
  • Agree 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 5

The photos tease to the cab interiors, any chance of showing theses off? The Deltic cab you have shown, had a mind blogging amount of detail! Are the cabs era specific? 
No worries on the delays, I am already looking ahead to when you launch Colas 37/0s and DRS Compass 37/4s! 

• Like 3

RSH BR blue with cutaway skirts is all I'm missing now coz I need at least 2. Hopefully good things come to those who wait.

I'm ok with the slight delay to Q2 as post furlough there's a little bit of financial catching up to do.

Can't wait to see them in the flesh.

Andy

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold

I’m okay with the delay because, as pointed out, Accurascale have kept us very much in the loop.  I think with re-issues of wagons such as PFA’s will keep us all hungry for more.

• Friendly/supportive 1

25 minutes ago, ColinK said:

While you are waiting for your models, here is one of my slides from 1986.  It's the Gunnie cement train thrashing up Shap at Greenholme.  The noise is why I've got sound fitted models.

1986R23.JPG.796491a325a07cc7289eb5e46d7a9ea3.JPG

Great picture. Classic train. If only someone could produce those wonderful bogie cement wagons... ;-))))

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

Accurascale, I have come to the conclusion that you are mine and many others dream manufacturer!

These 37s are looking absolutely fantastic! Just taking one look at the photos, and I can immediately tell that this is the definitive 37 that modellers and collectors have long been awaiting. The communication between yourselves and your customers, is equally as fantastic. A small delay of a few months is a massive win for such a large project, in which no two 37s are the same, especially amid a global pandemic. 

I'm going to let you and everyone else into a little secret. I was selfishly, secretly hoping for a small delay of just a few months as you have coincidentally announced, to justify ordering DRS 37409 in BR Large Logo Blue. I say this because had the first batch of 37s still been arriving in Q1 2021, I may have struggled to justify another 37 especially just after Christmas, but with my birthday been in May, which is also in the second quarter, I will ask my family to buy this DRS heritage liveried tractor for my birthday. Win, win as they say!

You are all doing a brilliant job and I can't wait for the next 37 update. 

Is it too early to start asking about when batch two will be announced and start wishlisting :D

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

Patience is indeed a virtue.

But delays don't help the company. And they can become a big issue for 

someone (like me) who is 75 years old and counting, and has been waiting

thirty years for a decent Class 37/4 model in Sub-sector liveries.

I just hope that I still have all my faculties about me when they do eventually . . . 

. . . when they do eventually . . . 

Uhh . . What was I saying . . . ?

;-)

Pete M.

• Like 2
  • Funny 5

On 04/09/2020 at 22:38, ColinK said:

While you are waiting for your models, here is one of my slides from 1986.  It's the Gunnie cement train thrashing up Shap at Greenholme.  The noise is why I've got sound fitted models.

1986R23.JPG.796491a325a07cc7289eb5e46d7a9ea3.JPG

Hope you don't mind, but I found the colour cast a bit off-putting, so I tried to correct it a little.

846916704_1986R23.JPG.796491a325a07cc7289eb5e46d7a9ea3v2.jpg.29dc2e7b1fc942e7813d897c65612a22.jpg

Edited by Damo666
  • Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Not I. The slightest. Glad you did it. I’ve got a good flatbed scanner but with over 20,000 slides to scan they would never get done.  Instead I’ve got a cheap one (5 seconds per slide) so making progress but the quality isn’t so good and it can’t correct colours etc. At some point (!) I’ll

go back and correct the colours, crop etc.