Class 37, by Accurascale

• RMweb Gold
On 12/09/2020 at 10:33, TomScrut said:

I'd like a preserved Dutch (37250 for example) or Railfreight (37688 for example)

if it’s Buxton, it’s got to be a Buxton pair please..

Railfreight Aggregates the CElebs being 37681/4 With 37688...

Avoid the Mistake in selecting a Buxton 37/4 with its logos uniquely placed due to the nameplate position meaning it’s not a Renumber cANdidate.

But.. a I do think a Mainline Tinsley 37/4 that used to work Blackpool Club trains with cast double arrows and Rose plaque might be popular, if only I could think of one ???

:swoon:

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

10 minutes ago, sulzer71 said:

Has anyone needed to cancel their pre orders due to everything going on in the world at the moment and were deposits refunded if so?

No, but I wouldn't expect a deposit to be refunded if it was the customer who cancelled the purchase.  Deposits are normally non-refundable.  I'd only expect a deposit refund if the decision to cancel the order was taken by the retailer or manufacturer.  Of course that's not to say that a retailer or manufacturer won't refund a deposit as a goodwill gesture, but I wouldn't expect it.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, sulzer71 said:

Has anyone needed to cancel their pre orders due to everything going on in the world at the moment and were deposits refunded if so?

Our policy is that all payments are fully refundable at any time up

to shipment as well as all

items being returnable for a full refund (subject to usual t&c’s) for 6 months after receipt. 

We also offer flexible installment options to help ease the burden of purchases. https://accurascale.co.uk/pages/flexible-instalment-options

Hope that helps. 

• Like 6
  • Round of applause 3

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, McC said:

Our policy is that all payments are fully refundable at any time up

to shipment as well as all

items being returnable for a full refund (subject to usual t&c’s) for 6 months after receipt. 

We also offer flexible installment options to help ease the burden of purchases. https://accurascale.co.uk/pages/flexible-instalment-options

Hope that helps. 

I've never had any issues regarding cancelling orders and refunds.  After a massive rethink regarding my layout and modelling requirements, I cancelled my Class 92 and given a full refund without question even though I asked if it could be put towards the two Class 37's I have on order.  I'd like to congratulate Fran and the rest of the team for absolute transparency and up to date progress which other mainstream companies should take notice of if they want to keep their sales high.

• Like 6
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
On 13/09/2020 at 12:06, adb968008 said:

if it’s Buxton, it’s got to be a Buxton pair please..

Railfreight Aggregates the CElebs being 37681/4 With 37688...

Avoid the Mistake in selecting a Buxton 37/4 with its logos uniquely placed due to the nameplate position meaning it’s not a Renumber cANdidate.

But.. a I do think a Mainline Tinsley 37/4 that used to work Blackpool Club trains with cast double arrows and Rose plaque might be popular, if only I could think of one ???

:swoon:

It’s off to the Valley of the Crows for you then! ;)

• Funny 1

2 hours ago, rob D2 said:

I doubt many people would .

its easier to take an in service one and make it preserved I reckon 

How do you mean?

As in take a model of one as it was 25 years ago and renumber etc?

I presume that's what you mean as the two I mentioned are "preserved" but also "in service" in one way or another. 37688 is buzzing about on the mainline at the moment I think with LSL.

I think at least with 688 that something which can be run on a present day layout in trainload construction livery would be very popular?

4 minutes ago, TomScrut said:

How do you mean?

As in take a model of one as it was 25 years ago and renumber etc?

I presume that's what you mean as the two I mentioned are "preserved" but also "in service" in one way or another. 37688 is buzzing about on the mainline at the moment I think with LSL.

I think at least with 688 that something which can be run on a present day layout in trainload construction livery would be very popular?

That’s not really preserved then is it Tom ?

by preserved I mean off mainline , heritage railway only - fir which they often paint in colours they never had or give them strange names they didn’t wear .

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
45 minutes ago, rob D2 said:

by preserved I mean off mainline , heritage railway only - fir which they often paint in colours they never had or give them strange names they didn’t wear .

dont need to be off mainline for that.

37688 I think would be very popular, though i’d reccomend it as a twin pack... Buxton didnt do solos... 37684 and 688 would be my choice.

Plenty of memories hearing Victoria shake as a Buxton pair went full throttle from Dean Lane to get a run at Miles Platting.

Funny thing Victoria, as a toddler it was 46,55 and 124’s I recall. As a youngster, it was 25’s and 47’s rattling about. Then suddenly the place was full of 37’s.. Petroleum, Construction, Mainline, Dutch even 37408 in Large Logo... but looking at 60’s pictures, the place hardly changed at all in appearance..just the stock and locos... Then suddenly all that history was gone... but of course in 2019 we have finally seen the Deltics reincarnated...

Edited by adb968008

7 hours ago, rob D2 said:

It was on the SVR for a while, it only came back onto the mainline this year AFAIK. So maybe it has come out of preservation?

7 minutes ago, TomScrut said:

It was on the SVR for a while, it only came back onto the mainline this year AFAIK. So maybe it has come out of preservation?

Depreserved ? It’s a bit hard to work out what is and what isn’t as formerly preserved stuff is snapped up by operators looking for ways round the ever more stringent environmental rules 

• Agree 2

Hi All,

Think this topic is going well off the A/S tractor.  I think its a tribute to the engineering (including those who have and continue to maintain them) that veterans such as the Class 37, can still do a solid and purposeful days work in 2020!  

I'm sure in due course something along the lines of the 37/5 will come along eventually, permitting TTG Liveries and a good many more beside.  The main thing really is to get the initial versions sorted, however with the British Steel "Blue" JSA's, PTA tipplers on the horizon (The A/S website shows 37903/6 working them in 1991) and the recent BBA from another company recently released - wouldn't the Slugs (37/9) be a good and welcomed addition at this time?  (Especially sound fitted!)

Plus when those nearby complain about a EE 12CSVT throbbing away, they may as well do it with a Ruston and Mirrless power plant at the same time!

I think I recall too, that at least one had its silencer removed at one time!  Just saying.....

Best Regards,

C.

On 22/09/2020 at 07:10, dogbox321 said:

Hi All,

Think this topic is going well off the A/S tractor.  I think its a tribute to the engineering (including those who have and continue to maintain them) that veterans such as the Class 37, can still do a solid and purposeful days work in 2020!  

I'm sure in due course something along the lines of the 37/5 will come along eventually, permitting TTG Liveries and a good many more beside.  The main thing really is to get the initial versions sorted, however with the British Steel "Blue" JSA's, PTA tipplers on the horizon (The A/S website shows 37903/6 working them in 1991) and the recent BBA from another company recently released - wouldn't the Slugs (37/9) be a good and welcomed addition at this time?  (Especially sound fitted!)

Plus when those nearby complain about a EE 12CSVT throbbing away, they may as well do it with a Ruston and Mirrless power plant at the same time!

I think I recall too, that at least one had its silencer removed at one time!  Just saying.....

Best Regards,

C.

If you do a 37/9 in its early years, the only thing you heard was the fan going round. It wasn't until the silences were removed from them that they made any racket at all.

Paul J.

• 3 weeks later...