Class 37, by Accurascale

Ooooft that looks a serious improvement. ....but hold what's that I hear?

"It's not made entirely of steel and cast iron and few wires, it's only 9.7 inches long the real thing was 61ft 6, is doesn't have a working diesel engine and for £150 that's a total rip off, yadda yadda yadda" 

Well done lads (and lasses) 

• Like 1
  • Funny 7

That does look great, definitely streets ahead of what has gone before in so many areas including the interior and bogies to name 2.

One area for review: the cab windscreen, it is nice to see the panel join captured above/to the side of the windscreens, it maybe my eyes but looks almost a little too prominent, it looks like the windscreen panel is a separate piece so it could be it is not fitting perfectly? Either way it jumped out at me as soon as I saw the picture..

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
Just now, 37114 said:

That does look great, definitely streets ahead of what has gone before in so many areas including the interior and bogies to name 2.

One area for review: the cab windscreen, it is nice to see the panel join captured above/to the side of the windscreens, it maybe my eyes but looks almost a little too prominent, it looks like the windscreen panel is a separate piece so it could be it is not fitting perfectly? Either way it jumped out at me as soon as I saw the picture..

Hi Rob,

Many thanks. You are correct, it is a separate part to allow us to replicate some of the windscreen variations. As we mention in the blog various areas will be improved for "fit and finish" and this is one such area.

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Roy Langridge said:

Wow, that is incredible - so looking forward to mine arriving. Stand out feature for me? Was hard to pick one but that frost grill is fantastic!

Roy

The frost grilles are indeed very nice, Brian's EE versions are also very similar, having fitted a number of them.

The model looks very promising indeed, for me one thing that does jump out is the rather heavy (is it plastic ?) roof grille mesh retaining ring.

Pretty sure on the first reveal of these models the ring was much finer and metal ?

Roll on a painted sample.......

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
Just now, tractor_37260 said:

The frost grilles are indeed very nice, Brian's EE versions are also very similar, having fitted a number of them.

The model looks very promising indeed, for me one thing that does jump out is the rather heavy (is it plastic ?) roof grille mesh retaining ring.

Pretty sure on the first reveal of these models the ring was much finer and metal ?

Roll on a painted sample.......

Hi @tractor_37260,

The roof mesh retaining ring is something we are working on, but are bound by constraints in tooling too. This is the very first sample of this loco, there was no samples with them as metal before?

Thanks,

Fran

On 12/12/2020 at 11:56, BR(S) said:

Seemed to lose them in 1992.  Black boxes were at the fan end, but are yellow in these (non-fan end also shown in same year):

37026+37178 Crewe 04.05.1992

37026+37262 SAL 15-08-1992

Shap Fell

37026 Shap Fell & 37029, Oxford 21.5.92

37026 Carlisle (LMR4 070PF)

Then on both ends in 1995:

RNT124-11

37026 and 37426 Great Rocks

Looking at the tooling - the headcode boxes look to be a separate component.  As a suggestion - could it be possible to provide an extra set with this "lady".   So then people could choose between the yellow and the black?  

Best Wishes,

Chris.  

• RMweb Gold

Hi everyone,

Thank you very much for all your kind comments, even from other manufacturers, wow! Very kind indeed. As you know we put our heart and souls into each project and this is indeed a massive one. The level of research and planning that has gone into this model has taken years and today is a fantastic milestone for us. We cant wait to show you the other variants and then progress onto decorated samples.

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 10

Just now, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

Thank you very much for all your kind comments, even from other manufacturers, wow! Very kind indeed. As you know we put our heart and souls into each project and this is indeed a massive one. The level of research and planning that has gone into this model has taken years and today is a fantastic milestone for us. We cant wait to show you the other variants and then progress onto decorated samples.

Cheers!

Fran

top top marks, any chance you could make every other class of loco so it doesn't look like toys against the accurascale models haha.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
On 12/12/2020 at 08:56, Ouroborus said:

When you come to do 37026, Shapfell, is it possible to double check the colour of the headcode boxes at either end?  Shapfell ended her days at Wigan and there is a lot of media of her here.  As far as I can determine, Shapfell had black indicator boxes at one end and yellow at the other.   Seems odd, but I can't find footage of her in grey livery without these mismatched boxes.

Hi @Ouroborus,

Just catching up on this one; 37026 Shapfell did later get black headcode panels but as this was after the period in which it carried the car-style headlight we won't be providing alternatives.

Cheers!

Fran

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Looks very nice. Good to see that the fit of the windscreens has been flagged as it really does jar - it was the first thing I noticed.

It also looks like the gutter above the cabside windows is too subtle, but you have no doubt noticed that. 

How are you getting on tooling up every other bit of 1980s West Highland rolling stock to match this standard? Well, I hope. 

Edited by Daddyman
  • Like 2