Class 37, by Accurascale

30 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Another wee easter egg detail element is OLEO stamped into the buffer shanks... 

37-oleo-1.jpg.9ef1618e7f80867f7ca88246dc948358.jpg

Apologies for the grainy pic!

Cheers,

Fran

You wouldn't go far wrong selling those as a separate item as Suttons did for the 24 ;)

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

Well that looks like it was worth taking a punt on. Looking forward to my Large Logo example when it comes. Methinks a Class 40 to follow, eh (hint, hint!)? On a more serious note, will spare bodyshells be available as the cabs are the same dimensions as a 40 and I’m up for a little kitbashing with my existing fleet? 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Philou said:

@Accurascale Fran Hello Fran,

Is there a possibility using your suite of tools that you will do a 37 version of centre headcode but with skirts?

Cheers,

Philip

Hi Philip,

We will see how this run goes and what demand is like, but wont rule any further variations out in the future if sales are good and demand is there!

Cheers,

Fran

• Thanks 1

I'm really hoping you'll do some original 37/4 to 37/7 locos... or if not have the chassis available separately ;) I haven't ordered one as I think all technically none fit into my South West effort but may have to give in and apply some modellers license.

Overall looks fantastic! I wonder if on the front screens you could do an etch like Brian's EE. That'll really make a difference.

I understand tooling limitations on the roof grille... I can't imagine a production version is robust enough to match Brian's EE. It'll be interesting to see a roof shot and the intended fans though.

Im really liking how the body sits on the chassis which all efforts previously have had too large a gap. Are you going for all wheels driven or a different approach?

Cheers 

Will

• RMweb Gold
48 minutes ago, dj_crisp said:

I'm really hoping you'll do some original 37/4 to 37/7 locos... or if not have the chassis available separately ;) I haven't ordered one as I think all technically none fit into my South West effort but may have to give in and apply some modellers license.

Overall looks fantastic! I wonder if on the front screens you could do an etch like Brian's EE. That'll really make a difference.

I understand tooling limitations on the roof grille... I can't imagine a production version is robust enough to match Brian's EE. It'll be interesting to see a roof shot and the intended fans though.

Im really liking how the body sits on the chassis which all efforts previously have had too large a gap. Are you going for all wheels driven or a different approach?

Cheers 

Will

Hi Brian,

This will be all wheel drive with a nice heavy chassis, so lots of pulling power and smooth running with our helical cut gears etc. 

Cheers!

Fran

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Philip,

We will see how this run goes and what demand is like, but wont rule any further variations out in the future if sales are good and demand is there!

Cheers,

Fran

I’ll be in the market for a mid-80s centre box one when I’ve recovered from buying Loch Lomond and a couple of Heljan 86/0s, I tell thee! 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, dj_crisp said:

Cheers 

Will

See page 9 of this thread ...good photo of the 37 roof grille/fan assembly ......

• RMweb Gold
18 minutes ago, tractor_37260 said:

See page 9 of this thread ...good photo of the 37 roof grille/fan assembly ......

Just bear in mind page 9 is an SLA print not a factory model like the most recent images. 

• Informative/Useful 1

I'll apologise firstly as it's potentially been asked somewhere in the last 32 pages, but is the model of D6702 suitable for renumbering to D6700 as she is preserved now?

I'm aware of the Locomotion exclusive D6700 but would rather do a renumber job than paint two yellow panels.

Cheers,

7 hours ago, 60800 said:

I'll apologise firstly as it's potentially been asked somewhere in the last 32 pages, but is the model of D6702 suitable for renumbering to D6700 as she is preserved now?

I'm aware of the Locomotion exclusive D6700 but would rather do a renumber job than paint two yellow panels.

Cheers,

It depends how accurate you want to get but the yellow panel on D6700 now is larger than when new (and thus on the model of d6702). When EWS repainted it the yellow panel was painted oversize to comply with the necessary rule in place at the time. After it's coming together with 37515 it ran with no panel for a bit but at the last repaint the NRM have reinstated the panel as per it's time with EWS. You will also need to add the headlight and orange cantrail stripe as well (A job I hated when I modelled D6700 in the early 2000s).

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, 60800 said:

Hi @37114 

Thanks for the info - the Headlight is the killer for that idea then. I may go for D6700 as built or will wait and see if they do a model of her as preserved in future. 

Thanks,

Doesn't 6700 have the high intensity headlight still fitted?

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, TomScrut said:

Isn't it being modeled as built not as preserved?

Yes it is but I was trying to point out, if you wanted to model is as it is now, I'm pretty sure the high intensity headlight is still fitted.

27 minutes ago, jools1959 said:

Yes it is but I was trying to point out, if you wanted to model is as it is now, I'm pretty sure the high intensity headlight is still fitted.

Ah sorry I got the wrong end of the stick. I thought you were suggesting the model would just need some painting doing to it to make it like it is now.

Thinking about it my initial point of view was daft!

• Like 1

Guest Locomotion No. 3
51 minutes ago, jools1959 said:

We looked at the option of producing D6700 as currently preserved but this would have required new tooling options and would have added considerably to the price. 

We, therefore, decided with Accurascale to model the locomotive as originally delivered in 1960 for which the tooling options existed.

The photograph below was taken by myself on the North Yorkshire Moors Railway at Pickering in May 2007.

I trust that this clarifies why we made the decision we did.

Dennis Lovett

Exclusive Models Marketing Executive

Locomotion Models

IMG_0133.JPG