Class 37, by Accurascale

• RMweb Premium
17 minutes ago, XChris said:

I'm wishing to have the funds to buy everything, by any chance does anyone have this week's lottery numbers...

Yes I did have them, but sorry I just used them :P

:D

Edited by boxbrownie
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, XChris said:

I think the one I really want to see is 37057, in its BR Green livery as Colas had it on test trains with its headcode boxes.

I suggested those four as their actually owned by Colas (I assume) and not hired in like 025 and 418.  I’m not sure who owns 37057.

7 hours ago, jools1959 said:

I suggested those four as their actually owned by Colas (I assume) and not hired in like 025 and 418.  I’m not sure who owns 37057.

37057 is owned by Colas, it has since been repainted into Colas livery (and had the buffer skirts removed) but has not worked a train since repaint.

• Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold
18 hours ago, XChris said:

I'm wishing to have the funds to buy everything, by any chance does anyone have this week's lottery numbers...

I can do you a good deal on last weeks numbers yours, for just 50% of the jackpot ?

guarenteed to be a winner, and only once used.

Edited by adb968008
  • Funny 4

1 hour ago, The Ghost of IKB said:

All this talk of gawdy, in your face, modern colour schemes!

I can think of another 307 reasons more br blue locos need releasing first. 

I hear you brother .

37s should be of but two colours - blue ( BR not imposters ) and red ( Wisconsin Uk branch ), 

not these dayglo versions wrapped up like a packet of refreshers that only pull yellow coaches , once a week ..zzzz

yours,

outraged of Swindon 

• Agree 2
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, rob D2 said:

I hear you brother .

37s should be of but two colours - blue ( BR not imposters ) and red ( Wisconsin Uk branch ), 

not these dayglo versions wrapped up like a packet of refreshers that only pull yellow coaches , once a week ..zzzz

They're not all painted in bright colours on yellow trains.

I present you with the contradictory evidence of 3 shades of boring grey....

Pic from flickr

37240 1Q45

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, newbryford said:

Pic from flickr

37240 1Q45

I give up..

i can see a grey fence, grey sky but cannot find a 3rd boring shade of grey in that picture.

37 looks exciting though.

Edited by adb968008

7 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

I give up..

i can see a grey fence, grey sky but cannot find a 3rd boring shade of grey in that picture.

37 looks exciting though.

Loco is in 3 TG ( three tone grey ), sides are two colours , roof is subtlety different grey.

• RMweb Gold

image.png.1cb2f676c4c6be974501621476eb445e.png

Well the requirement for a banger blue centre box 37 got the better of me so this is the latest project based on the Vitrains offering with Shawplan windscreens. Need to source some better horns for the roof next. The 'Cardiff Rod Mill' (titter!)!

Edited by 97406
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold
13 hours ago, newbryford said:

Pic from flickr

37240 1Q45

banger blue 37 on a test train anyone?

37099 passing Cossington

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

One of the very few (of not the only) time it worked in blue before getting the colas treatment and named ‘merl Evans’ 

I worked it on the old Dalby test track not long after I took that pic and drive over to meet it there 

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, Roy Langridge said:

Cracking photo Big Jim - having driven it when based at the Mid-Hants, one of my favourite 37s.

Roy

10 hours ago, big jim said:

One of the very few (of not the only) time it worked in blue before getting the colas treatment and named ‘merl Evans’ 

I worked it on the old Dalby test track not long after I took that pic and drive over to meet it there 

Making me jealous now...

My one and only “live” cab encounter with a 37 was 37430 Cwmbran, in the early 90’s.

A random day at Bolton, watching the clubtrains after school, 37430 turns up. The driver suddenly opens the window and calls me over. Turns out to be an ELR driver I used to know, and tells me to jump in quick... so whilst the guard was busy with a disabled passenger I did just that, he was with a second man also known to me and off we went.. at Lostock so busy in conversation the driver nearly forgot to apply the brakes and dropped them hard... we stopped loco and first coach and half off the platform.

funny thing is I still remember the conversation.. we were chatting about a Kearsley speed restriction, where he said in a 37 going over it at 25, it would bounce all over the place, but if you went over it at 60, you wouldn’t feel it, followed by an oh Sh...!

i remember the guard casually walking right up to the platform ramp edge, standing straight, looking down at it, then up at us and shaking head sideways, smiling with his hands behind his back.. he knew exactly what was going on. I had an almost identical encounter one evening with a 142 at Blackrod too.

I guess thats why cab rides became such a no-no in the 1990’s onwards.

I jumped off at Preston, returned to Bolton and nearly got a penalty fare as I didn't have a ticket either ! 

That reminds me Fran.... 37430... good loco that, even nicer in model form ???

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 6
  • Funny 1

8 hours ago, big jim said:

banger blue 37 on a test train anyone?

37099 passing Cossington

It was absolute sacrilege going from that BR Blue masterpiece to Colas. Orange, Yellow and Black look great when it’s on District Line seat Moquette but too garish on a Locomotive. Especially one that looked so superb in its previous livery. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 7

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, 66738 said:

It was absolute sacrilege going from that BR Blue masterpiece to Colas. Orange, Yellow and Black look great when it’s on District Line seat Moquette but too garish on a Locomotive. Especially one that looked so superb in its previous livery. 

I much preferred in in blue also, but with its Clydebridge plates.

Roy

• Like 1