Class 37, by Accurascale

• RMweb Gold

I've said this before but even if they never produce any other loco's, Accurascale could produce all variety, variations and liveries of Class 37's for years to come and never run out of ideas.

• Like 4
  • Agree 3

On 30/03/2021 at 09:13, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Chris,

We're looking at the end of May for decorated samples.

Cheers!

Fran

Hi Fran, presumably that will mean Q3 or later for delivery? Your website shows Q2 for delivery at the mo, but I guess that won't be achieved if first decorated samples aren't here until late May??

Edit: in fact your website does show you will have decorated samples before Chinese New Year 2021 so could do with updating 

Edited by daveahudson

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, daveahudson said:

Hi Fran, presumably that will mean Q3 or later for delivery? Your website shows Q2 for delivery at the mo, but I guess that won't be achieved if first decorated samples aren't here until late May??

Hi @daveahudson,

Correct, we will have a full update very soon, including looks at other EP variants and a mapped out delivery date.

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

On 19/04/2021 at 13:44, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

Some of the Accurascale crew had a right old treat last Friday at the Gloucestershire and Warwickshire Railway. We were hard at work recording the sound file for our forthcoming 37/0 locomotives, using 37 215 belonging to the Growler Group. What a magnificent beast and so well kept too. A real credit to the Growler Group.

842832444_ImagefromiOS(25).jpg.ab5e4f5d9c88aac824f50a71d4136c35.jpg

2128779283_ImagefromiOS(24).jpg.4114b6af384c6efd9bd62191b8a017fb.jpg

YT6X3587.jpg.b1666416380ee6f5e1a1f94ffc88f7df.jpg

YT6X3582.jpg.0ac1e9572ff949e3d3967ae2760baeae.jpg

YT6X3591.jpg.f80556a79c439a9a580a07aa65825262.jpg

If only we could record the clag too!

We will have a further update on the Class 37s in the coming weeks, and a preview of our sound project so keep an eye out for that! We can report that 215 was in really fine fettle and made for a fantastic subject to record from.

A big and sincere thank you to the Gloucester and Warwickshire Railway and The Growler Group for facilitating us and putting on a great show. Please check out what they do and support them whatever way you can. 

Cheers!

Fran

Hi Fran

I thought the number looked familiar, so I dug out a picture of my grandfather in law, driver John Mockler , posing in Whitby on the very same loco. No dates, but I suspect early 80s.

It's looking a lot more loved now ....

Jason

20210419_224444.jpg

• Like 16
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi Jason,

Wow what a great memory to have. I remember getting my first copy of Rail back in 1994 and seeing a picture of a rather battered 37215 on the back of a low loader going for preservation. Pretty sure it was triple grey with petroleum sector markings by then. Great to see if well cared for again and to play a part in our model of these beasts!

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold
18 hours ago, edwardsjc said:

Hi Fran

I thought the number looked familiar, so I dug out a picture of my grandfather in law, driver John Mockler , posing in Whitby on the very same loco. No dates, but I suspect early 80s.

It's looking a lot more loved now ....

Jason

20210419_224444.jpg

I’d guess. maybe slightly older, late 1970’s.

Most builders plates were nicked in the 1970’s, in the 1980’s I only recall smaller numbers of 08/09/47 still having them, and nearly every 73 still had them into the late 80’s.

I really cant remember any 37’s still having them in the early-mid 1980’s, though you could buy them for under £30 at BR opendays of various stalls, aside of 40 and 55’s no one really wanted modern builders plates.. 08’s were had for a fiver.

The other clue would be the shedcode bolts still being in situe.

Edited by adb968008
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, adb968008 said:

Most builders plates were nicked in the 1970’s, in the 1980’s I only recall smaller numbers of 08/09/47 still having them, and nearly every 73 still had them into the late 80’s.

I really cant remember any 37’s still having them in the early-mid 1980’s, though you could buy them for under £30 at BR opendays of various stalls, aside of 40 and 55’s no one really wanted modern builders plates.. 08’s were had for a fiver.

I suspect it might possibly be this working in July 1983;

http://thegrowlergroup.org.uk/index.php/nggallery/image/664-37215-17-7-83-trowell-junction-06-35-1z28-wellingborough-whitby?page_id=132

A class 37 wasn't the usual motive power on Whitby trains. Normally the preserve of a Darlington 101 in those days.

Edited by edwardsjc

• RMweb Gold
29 minutes ago, edwardsjc said:

I suspect it might possibly be this working in July 1983;

http://thegrowlergroup.org.uk/index.php/nggallery/image/664-37215-17-7-83-trowell-junction-06-35-1z28-wellingborough-whitby?page_id=132

A class 37 wasn't the usual motive power on Whitby trains. Normally the preserve of a Darlington 101 in those days.

Oh, good call..

Class37.co.uk lists it as on a railtour that day...

https://class37.co.uk/fleetdate.aspx?strdate=17/07/83

1Z28 0635 Wellingborough - Whitby Between Nottingham - Whitby and reverse.

A week later it did another railtour from Bewdley to Paddington.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium
12 hours ago, Philip Jackson said:

Looking at the prices of the Lima class 37 in Police livery I guess an Accurascale version would do well

I thought about that a while ago, and today it would be even easier/better implemented to have a flashing blue lamp and siren......and maybe even an ‘ello, ‘ello, ‘ello wot’ s going on’ere then?  while passing every station :D

On 22/04/2021 at 13:25, adb968008 said:

Funny you mention that about the 73s.  I vividly remember being shocked as a northern basher “off region” on the southern seeing an EE worksplate still on a loco in about 1986, a 73 as you say. Wonder why they lasted so much longer? We’re southern depots harder to get in to to rob from?!  

I started bashing proper in 1983 and there were still a good few 37s with worksplates, as shown by my dad’s footage of 37065 here: https://youtu.be/EM3Hke9oUSQ

Edited by aureol40012

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, toolongtoremember said:

Not long now to go!!! The delivery window Q2 2021 is drawing to an end, just one month and a few days left and we'll have our 37s! 

And update on a more narrowed delivery window? 

Thanks. 

Hi @toolongtoremember,

We will have an update on the 37 in the coming days, so keep an eye out for that!

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 10
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

2 hours ago, toolongtoremember said:

Not long now to go!!! The delivery window Q2 2021 is drawing to an end, just one month and a few days left and we'll have our 37s! 

Given that @Accurascale Fran stated on 30 March, that they are expecting decorated samples at the end of May, you're not going to get your 37 in Q2 (assuming you've ordered one).  It was confirmed up thread that they'd be Q3 or later.  It would be more realistic to think you'll get it before Christmas than within a month and a few days.

• Like 3
  • Agree 4

• RMweb Premium
14 hours ago, toolongtoremember said:

Thanks. 

I had assumed the Cl55 would be out before the Cl37......

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, boxbrownie said:

Looking at the lead times of other new models I’ve recently bought, I’d say the Autumn is the likely time they’ll be landed. Add 2 weeks’ further delay if they need to go over the EU/UK border, if we haven’t sorted it out by then.

• RMweb Gold
24 minutes ago, boxbrownie said:

This is indeed correct. The Deltic is ahead of the 37. 

18 minutes ago, 97406 said:

Looking at the lead times of other new models I’ve recently bought, I’d say the Autumn is the likely time they’ll be landed. Add 2 weeks’ further delay if they need to go over the EU/UK border, if we haven’t sorted it out by then.

Our British customers will receive their models via a UK warehouse, our ROW customers from our Irish warehouse.

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold
16 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

This is indeed correct. The Deltic is ahead of the 37. 

Our British customers will receive their models via a UK warehouse, our ROW customers from our Irish warehouse.

Cheers!

Fran

Yes, that’s the way to do it. All my customers that import from the ROW are doing the same. I have a Ballymoss on order with the white window surrounds for my heritage fleet, and the LL class 37.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, boxbrownie said:

Will delivery times be about the same as I ordered the RoS special Cl55 edition?

Not that I am worried, it’ll arrive when it does.

No, there will be a bit of time between both. All will be revealed in the update, but hope that helps!

Cheers!

Fran 

• Thanks 1