Class 37, by Accurascale

• RMweb Premium
26 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

No, there will be a bit of time between both. All will be revealed in the update, but hope that helps!

Cheers!

Fran 

I actually made the same mistake I did before, I have in fact order the 55 from you :blush: it is the 18000 Turbine from Rails...

• Funny 2

1 hour ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Our British customers will receive their models via a UK warehouse, our ROW customers from our Irish warehouse.

ROW = ?

Republic of xxxxx? What have I missed since I left (apart from many grey cells).

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
26 minutes ago, Damo666 said:

ROW = ?

Republic of xxxxx? What have I missed since I left (apart from many grey cells).

My apologies. I have given out to students in my previous life for using abbreviations when communicating officially without explaining them first. If only they could see me now! It is indeed "Rest of World".

Cheers!

Fran 

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

ROFL,IDK MY KUA ETA, AIUI ASAP.

AOK.

If i really wanted to be cryptic..

52 4f 46 4c 2c 49 44 4b 20 4d 59 20 4b 55 41 20 45 54 41 2c 20 41 49 55 49 20 69 74 73 20 41 53 41 50 2e 0a 41 4f 4b 2e

:paint:

Edited by adb968008
  • Funny 1

8 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

AOK.

52 4f 46 4c 2c 49 44 4b 20 4d 59 20 4b 55 41 20 45 54 41 2c 20 41 49 55 49 20 69 74 73 20 41 53 41 50 2e 0a 41 4f 4b 2e

Duplicate post? :D

Edited by Damo666
  • Funny 1

59 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

My apologies. I have given out to students in my previous life for using abbreviations when communicating officially without explaining them first. If only they could see me now! It is indeed "Rest of World".

Cheers!

Fran 

No Problem. I I was just thinking along the wrong lines.

Now, just need to figure out these TLAs:

KUA

HYA

JSA

IKA

PFA

TEA

IIA

PCA

FIA

• Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Damo666 said:

ROW = ?

I usually render it as RoW.

A TLA that has been around for longer than most. In the 60s and 70s we played Test Matches against them in the years that South Africa (RSA) were due to have played. Some great matches as I recall, competitive but played in a very good spirit.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
35 minutes ago, Damo666 said:

No Problem. I I was just thinking along the wrong lines.

Now, just need to figure out these TLAs:

KUA

HYA

JSA

IKA

PFA

TEA

IIA

PCA

FIA

Do you work in an opticians by any chance,who can read the bottom line ok??

• Funny 1

One thing I love about the britmodeller forum is that the software translates the really common acronyms when you mouse over. No idea how they did it but it's a neat feature, certainly one I could use here when I stray into some topics :D

Edited by Ragtag

5 hours ago, Damo666 said:

ROW = ?

There's a street name in Grosmont (just up the hill from the NYMR level crossing) called "Institute Row, leading to Office Row" - probably followed by Punch-up in the Car Park!

• Funny 4

• RMweb Gold

An old acronym I recall was Toilet...

stands for Thirty One, Inside Loco, Expect Trouble.

Relates back to the knackered 31/4’s (later 31/5’s) used on the Manchester to Barrow, Blackpool and Southport turns, when reliability was so poor they would default to sending them out double headed, in expectation one would fail. 
The expectations were usually met, and the return working to Manchester was invariably a different pair, as quite often both the outbound pair would fail, in some cases it was possible to see 4x 31’s on a 4x coach train with only 1 of them actually left working.

That reminds me.. an accurate OO gauge 31... wouldn't that be a nice thing to model ?

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 5
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 3

9 hours ago, adb968008 said:

An old acronym I recall was Toilet...

stands for Thirty One, Inside Loco, Expect Trouble.

Relates back to the knackered 31/4’s (later 31/5’s) used on the Manchester to Barrow, Blackpool and Southport turns, when reliability was so poor they would default to sending them out double headed, in expectation one would fail. 
The expectations were usually met, and the return working to Manchester was invariably a different pair, as quite often both the outbound pair would fail, in some cases it was possible to see 4x 31’s on a 4x coach train with only 1 of them actually left working.

That reminds me.. an accurate OO gauge 31... wouldn't that be a nice thing to model ?

Not to accurate from what youre saying! Id want to be confident it would get to the fiddle yard and back before expiring!

• Funny 3

19 hours ago, adb968008 said:

AOK.

Ooh. What's that bright light in the sk......

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, The Ghost of IKB said:

Not to accurate from what youre saying! Id want to be confident it would get to the fiddle yard and back before expiring!

You could always put a 60 on the front.

At the same time the 31’s were having daily heart attacks, the 60’s were on driver training at Springs Branch running around Light Engine, so several times a brand new 60 would be “on the toilet” dragging a 31 back to Manchester. 

The SP 60’s were used a lot on the waste train, binliner to Ordsall* , so its safe to say between toilet duties and waste trains life was a grim beginning for class 60’s in the north west.

* (**hint hint*** another good one not yet modelled)

Edited by adb968008
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, Kylestrome said:

I could think of a few four letter acronyms ... :blum:

David

TLAs are a PITA IMHO.

I work in Aeronautical Information Services (AIS for short) and that TLA was created in 1953 by the International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO) which is part of the UN. I was once shown a letter that was sent by somebody raising a formal complaint about ICAO's use of AIS as a TLA. They stated that it caused confusion with their business,  explained that they had used AIS for their business since 1992, that ICAO was in the wrong to cause duplication and demanded that it be changed forthwith and if not they would look to take the matter to court...:o

Some people really need to get a life...

Roy

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Roy Langridge said:

TLAs are a PITA IMHO.

I work in Aeronautical Information Services (AIS for short) and that TLA was created in 1953 by the International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO) which is part of the UN. I was once shown a letter that was sent by somebody raising a formal complaint about ICAO's use of AIS as a TLA. They stated that it caused confusion with their business,  explained that they had used AIS for their business since 1992, that ICAO was in the wrong to cause duplication and demanded that it be changed forthwith and if not they would look to take the matter to court...:o

Some people really need to get a life...

Roy

In the automotive industry they have “TLAs” coming out of the cracks, we had a small booklet given to our US cousins over here explaining them all, best ones of all are those that actually are so long they make a word themselves CHMSL.....as in “I think the bulb in your chimsle has blown” :lol:

• Like 1

22 hours ago, boxbrownie said:

In the automotive industry they have “TLAs” coming out of the cracks, we had a small booklet given to our US cousins over here explaining them all, best ones of all are those that actually are so long they make a word themselves CHMSL.....as in “I think the bulb in your chimsle has blown” :lol:

Also work within the automotive industry and only agree that the industry is TLA stupid!! I was completely stumped when I 1st heard CHMSL when I 1st started in Automotive manufacturing engineering  “Central high mounted stop lamp” The company I work for has published a TLA directory on our Intranet for new starters, there are pages of them!! 

• Funny 1

1 hour ago, billywhizz said:

Also work within the automotive industry and only agree that the industry is TLA stupid!! I was completely stumped when I 1st heard CHMSL when I 1st started in Automotive manufacturing engineering  “Central high mounted stop lamp” The company I work for has published a TLA directory on our Intranet for new starters, there are pages of them!! 

CHMSL is a FLA