Class 37, by Accurascale

21 minutes ago, mallaig1983 said:

Anyone else checking their email inbox every hour? I really must learn to be patient.

:mellow:

No, im being firm with myself, i only check every odd numbered hour, this is my 1700 hour check.  I'll be back again in 96 minutes.

• Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
On 09/06/2021 at 20:15, Accurascale Fran said:

And can add it here for completeness!

Accurascale-37-Network-Rail-97-3-detail.jpg.a5c49a01e59a6b20faca780ecaa457b4.jpg

Cheers!

Fran

Now I am really disappointed……I am going to break 70% of those bits getting out the box……;)

Edited by boxbrownie
  • Funny 4

1 hour ago, The Ghost of IKB said:

No, im being firm with myself, i only check every odd numbered hour, this is my 1700 hour check.  I'll be back again in 96 minutes.

It’s just cruel. I think they’re enjoying the power. Gone to their heads a bit :nono:

:nowink:

• Funny 2

Having just ordered a pair of Deltics I'm quite keen to pick up a few of these too.
Have you any plans, once the initial run has been completed, to release an early example in BR blue that still has a "D" number?
I only ask as my era of interest is the period where the corporate colour scheme was just starting to shift from green to blue.
Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Super-Sloth said:

Having just ordered a pair of Deltics I'm quite keen to pick up a few of these too.
Have you any plans, once the initial run has been completed, to release an early example in BR blue that still has a "D" number?
I only ask as my era of interest is the period where the corporate colour scheme was just starting to shift from green to blue.
Thanks in advance.

Hi Super-Sloth,

Yes, I can definitely see one in our future!

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 1

Thanks for the update Fran. Honest and transparent as always. Of course the delays are frustrating for everyone, but we are going to get the best Class 37 ever ...so its worth it! Keep up the great work..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
Just now, RozM said:

Thanks for the update Fran. Honest and transparent as always. Of course the delays are frustrating for everyone, but we are going to get the best Class 37 ever ...so its worth it! Keep up the great work..

Hi @RozM,

Really appreciate your kind words and I'm glad you can see that we are all about transparency. We are gutted with this delay, but it's the way of the world right now and all manufacturers will be affected, with some reporting delays already. Sadly none of us are immune, but we scream and fight to get our stuff into production and progress to the next level every day, with production guys on chat to the factory into the wee hours of the morning on a weekly basis. We'll keep pushing to get these models to you as quick as humanly possible, because we're all dying to play with them!

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 5
  • Round of applause 2
  • Friendly/supportive 7

Hi Fran,

These samples look absolutely nothing like a class 31! :rofl:

Seriously after looking at the teaser picture the other day and now seeing this update it’s looking very good indeed. It captures the bulk of them really well and I like the refined detail and the brass horns. I’ve currently 4 of this first batch on order and glad I have. Dont apologise about any delays to production either, I would much prefer you take the time to tweak and get them exactly as right as possible in 4mm as they are going to look and sound amazing.

Thanks for the update

All the best

Mark

• Like 5
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 1

Hi Fran. 
Thanks for the update. The level of detail looks fantastic and the body ride height looks spot on! Got that heavy, chunky look! Completely understand the reasons behind the delay in these uncertain times but hey, it certainly looks like it will be well worth the wait. Gives me more time to save up for the 3 on pre-order!
Are we likely to see a ‘80’s Centre headcode 37/0 release in the future (preferably Scottish allocation!)

Regards,

Bill.  

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Well this delay just means I might be able to save for another to go with my Europhoenix one… 

We appreciate the hard work and, importantly, the communication you’re putting in. If it’s anything like your wagons it’ll be amazing…

Now, which of the modern 37/4’s to go for…

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Have to agree with what's been said. The transparency on your part is refreshing and welcome. I know that you guys will be by far the most frustrated by the delays out of anyone.

That being said, they are looking fantastic. It's so clearly going to be a masterpiece. It gives me some time to save for D6700 as well based on these pictures.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Super-Sloth,

Yes, I can definitely see one in our future!

Cheers!

Fran 

Fran,

That's wonderful Thank you. Appreciate the personal reply(s)! and to echo what others have highlighted, the transparency in updates is somewhat refreshing to see from a business. Delays are invariably inevitable, not just in spite of the current global situation, that's just part of life sometimes. I have often said to my own customers that you can either have something "right now" or "right". Rarely can both be achieved at the same time and it's nice to see someone else in business who recognises this. 
85% sold out? Eek! Better get my order in then!

Best regards,

Jon.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Had an email from you Fran and it mentions…..

”There will also be an extensive tampo printing process for some class members with more modern liveries, taking into account complex livery fades, logos, warning and information panels and more.”

Mine is just green with plain white numbers…..do I get mine first? :lol:

• Like 1
  • Funny 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Well guys, you have persuaded me. A 37 is probably not "right" for the layout but this is such a great looking model (especially to someone brought up with the Triang effort of the 1960s).

Unfortunately, Paypal seems to be having a hissy fit this afternoon so I have not been able to place the order. Second time today that Paypal has let me down.

• Friendly/supportive 2