Class 37, by Accurascale

• RMweb Gold

I have a large logo one on order and paid for, so looking forward to it turning up - near my birthday in November would be nice :). I am definitely in the market for a late 80s central headcode example (refurbished or not), and the refurbished former split box ones if they were to follow in a later production run. Edited to add just read it’s Q2 2022, so it will be my 53 1/2th birthday pressie!

Edited by 97406
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, TomScrut said:

Phwoar!!!

That does remind me though, I was going to do some juggling about.

Is/was there a price increase deadline on these or was that just the 92s?

Hi Tom

It's just the 92s.

Cheers!

Fran 

• Thanks 1

Hi Fran, thanks for the update. These tractors are looking  the absolute bees knees already. I’m disappointed that we’ll have to wait around a year before we actually get our mits on them but totally understand that’s the way of the world at the moment and it gives you time to fine tune and absolutely knock our socks of when they do finally arrive. It also gives me a year to finish phase one of my layout so in a way that’s good because I can self impose a deadline so that it’s ready for them when they arrive and I’m absolutely confident they’ll be the icing on the cake. 
just one question and it’s regarding the snow ploughs. Will these fit into the NEM pocket or fix to the chassis or bogie sides? If it is either of the latter two that would allow a coupling to also be fitted. I intend to run mine without the centre section and have Kadee couplings and just wondered if I could set up like this straight from the box or if I’d have to sort out my own brackets. Just a minor thing but I was just curious. 
Now you have us all salivating and chomping at the bit and as others have dropped hints/requested/begged going forward on future runs I’d like to see some RSH versions in Rail Blue. I really need to add 37081 Loch Long (as per the white stripe / car headlight livery) and 37085 should you feel the urge to release this style and era in the future. As has also been mentioned some Rail Blue centre head code examples would make us happy too. Yep I want the world on a plate lol but just putting in my 2 peneth worth. 
Thanks again for the update, honestly and transparency. Accurascale really are a breath of fresh air. 
Thanks all and stay safe.

Andy

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
14 minutes ago, mallaig1983 said:

Hi Fran, thanks for the update. These tractors are looking  the absolute bees knees already. I’m disappointed that we’ll have to wait around a year before we actually get our mits on them but totally understand that’s the way of the world at the moment and it gives you time to fine tune and absolutely knock our socks of when they do finally arrive. It also gives me a year to finish phase one of my layout so in a way that’s good because I can self impose a deadline so that it’s ready for them when they arrive and I’m absolutely confident they’ll be the icing on the cake. 
just one question and it’s regarding the snow ploughs. Will these fit into the NEM pocket or fix to the chassis or bogie sides? If it is either of the latter two that would allow a coupling to also be fitted. I intend to run mine without the centre section and have Kadee couplings and just wondered if I could set up like this straight from the box or if I’d have to sort out my own brackets. Just a minor thing but I was just curious. 
Now you have us all salivating and chomping at the bit and as others have dropped hints/requested/begged going forward on future runs I’d like to see some RSH versions in Rail Blue. I really need to add 37081 Loch Long (as per the white stripe / car headlight livery) and 37085 should you feel the urge to release this style and era in the future. As has also been mentioned some Rail Blue centre head code examples would make us happy too. Yep I want the world on a plate lol but just putting in my 2 peneth worth. 
Thanks again for the update, honestly and transparency. Accurascale really are a breath of fresh air. 
Thanks all and stay safe.

Andy

Hi Andy,

Many thanks for your kind words and understanding.

Regarding the ploughs; great news! Body AND NEM-mounted snowploughs will be provided in a bag for customers to fit as appropriate. Of course our 37 has body-mounted kinematic couplers as well so the NEM ploughs will not move with the bogies. Therefore, they will look much more realistic when running round R2 curves etc. 

You cannot use the body-mounted ploughs with NEM couplers but the NEM mounted ploughs clip onto the pocket and allows space for an NEM coupling of your choosing.

467753349_ImagefromiOS(35).jpg.c110c5bb59b08b8cf0c5a02ed589b700.jpg

Hope this helps!

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 8

26 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Andy,

Many thanks for your kind words and understanding.

Regarding the ploughs; great news! Body AND NEM-mounted snowploughs will be provided in a bag for customers to fit as appropriate. Of course our 37 has body-mounted kinematic couplers as well so the NEM ploughs will not move with the bogies. Therefore, they will look much more realistic when running round R2 curves etc. 

You cannot use the body-mounted ploughs with NEM couplers but the NEM mounted ploughs clip onto the pocket and allows space for an NEM coupling of your choosing.

467753349_ImagefromiOS(35).jpg.c110c5bb59b08b8cf0c5a02ed589b700.jpg

Hope this helps!

Cheers!

Fran 

Seems you’ve covered absolutely everything. Great stuff. 
Cheers

:smile_mini2:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Im probably one of a very few people relieved the 37s are delayed til next year. In the next 6 months i have 2x deltics, 2x slw 25s, a full APT, 18 mgrs, and some mcv's, to pay for and funds would be very tight if the 37s were due too. At least this way we wont be having roast sparrow for xmas dinner.

• Like 5
  • Funny 2

38 minutes ago, The Ghost of IKB said:

Im probably one of a very few people relieved the 37s are delayed til next year. In the next 6 months i have 2x deltics, 2x slw 25s, a full APT, 18 mgrs, and some mcv's, to pay for and funds would be very tight if the 37s were due too. At least this way we wont be having roast sparrow for xmas dinner.

image.jpeg.982c6934336b4777609abeb7a5133881.jpeg

Roast sparrow? Luxury!

Ed

• Agree 2
  • Funny 9

• RMweb Gold

Thank you for the update while I knew of delays in China thanks for giving a little more detail- I never considered but should have realised  migration is affected and factories are facing staffing shortages. How are these workers living though will they have found jobs closer to home? Will they return to the factories or will there be a chronic shortage for some time yet. My toy trains are obviously secondary to their welfare.

Anyway the class 37’s look awesome am now considering ordering another as there is time to save!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
16 hours ago, Max Legroom said:

These look like stunning models. The future looks bleak for my Bachmann 37s!

They’ll be running alongside my Bachy ones. One thing I’ve noticed with the latest ones is the front windscreens are the right shape, a first for any manufacturer. They lack the raised grommets, or the subtle recess of the prototype, which have both been reproduced exquisitely by Accurascale. Shall we just say I am halting expansion of the fleet until the Accurascale one comes out. Teeside Steelmaster would be a good one to have from a later run (hint hint)

Edited by 97406
  • Like 4

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, 37501 said:

I couldn’t agree more….

With the rail blue solebars in this case  though I'll add them if need be. Think they were provincial blue at one point as well.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, The Ghost of IKB said:

I’m another of the very few. Delays are becoming increasingly welcome as more and more chases the same income. On top of models, the careful ending of lockdown has created a huge programme of little ones being taken to experience the real thing. I have a two-year-old grandson and his mother, wisely, will not budge until three weeks after her second jab but imagine: two years old and never experienced a steam locomotive! :o

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
Just now, No Decorum said:

I’m another of the very few. Delays are becoming increasingly welcome as more and more chases the same income. On top of models, the careful ending of lockdown has created a huge programme of little ones being taken to experience the real thing. I have a two-year-old grandson and his mother, wisely, will not budge until three weeks after her second jab but imagine: two years old and never experienced a steam locomotive! :o

Goes both ways - the delay means I had time to sit down last night and order a second DRS version....they mainly hunt in pairs anyway....

• Like 3
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Premium
On 17/06/2021 at 21:03, The Ghost of IKB said:

Haha, I have 6 locos on order and plan to order a 7th soon. Just awaiting the Bullied Class 70 CC1 electric locos to be announced. Anyone?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

These delays are a bit of a saving grace for me - I had to cancel my 37's to be able to keep the Deltics (which I have deposits on).

So I've just re-ordered 608, swapped 602 for 606 (finally found my photos from Kingmoor in 2015 and it's 606 that I cabbed) and I've added on 419 for good measure, despite the fact the real thing expired on the BLS charter on Friday.

Cheers,

37057 looks good with her new name and colours, Hint hint ;)

Edited by 60800
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Round of applause 1

On 05/07/2021 at 13:44, 60800 said:

37057 looks good with her new name and colours, Hint hint ;)

I think it looked better in green and with its skirts and high density light split headcode boxes, Hint Hint!

• Like 2
  • Agree 6