Class 37, by Accurascale

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, Pegleg90 said:

tbh, any 37 in the latest DRS 'swoosh' (?) livery would be a big seller I think - know I'd get at least one even if its not in service any longer! 

Yes but 37716 has a special place in history..

How many people ever thought they would get a refurb freight 37 on scheduled passenger haulage, in 2019…

915CA052-9182-4CB5-9F50-52044C63B1E3.jpeg.2402f154764c336b1366ad629d6a2499.jpeg

and not just for the day.. after its last recorded passenger turns in 1998, it was stored, went to Spain.. then 18 years later and became a consistent passenger performer for the next 3 years !!! ..

Thousands have had this for haulage, and probably every surviving class 37 fanatic has had a ride behind this in the last few years.

the loco is a legend.. its still operational, I saw it shunting the stock at Norwich a few weeks back from a railtour.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 4
  • Agree 3
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

3 minutes ago, motorcat said:

and it'd make recreating these trains a lot easier too

37716 Culloden

37716 68017 4H47 Dalwhinnie 010521

11/10 filth there!

I think an announcement of that loco would also trigger the rake of DRS intermodal wagons I keep flirting with.

Edited by TomScrut
  • Like 5
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, adb968008 said:

Thousands have had this for haulage, and probably every surviving class 37 fanatic has had a ride behind this in the last few years.

the loco is a legend.. its still operational, I saw it shunting the stock at Norwich a few weeks back from a railtour.

Still doing the business... Blue Boys Pathfinder Tour a few weeks ago..

51364154317_2beae6b86c_c.jpg

• Like 7

On 25/08/2021 at 21:06, adb968008 said:

Yes but 37716 has a special place in history..

How many people ever thought they would get a refurb freight 37 on scheduled passenger haulage, in 2019…

I remember having it on a gloriously warm November day in 2018 thinking id never expected to get an NB engine on a service train in this day and age :yahoo:.

It was on the short set in July 2019 too, even my dogs have had it for haulage :sungum:

Here it is having completed its last trip on the short set 31/7/19

20190731_135259.jpg

• Like 7

On 24/08/2021 at 17:33, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

Our tame Class 37 expert/project manager has provided the following info which you may find useful...

Cheers!

Fran 

Think it's also pretty good for 37711? Aside from cantrail grilles?

Here's my modified Bachmann model:

64663288_2021-08-2214-22-24.jpg.100cab3cbb682aea839c07c652c32da3.jpg

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Well since i cannot make the GETShow in person to see you guys i thought i better support the cause by ordering a few more of these,so Bob and Carl are the order of the day{see what i did there,order of the day}.

Bit suprised that the show is on the same time as the London run weekend,that must be hectic but means Fran and the boys can kill two birds with one stone,we all expect good times on your run entrys,do a few laps of the hall on Saturday to practice.

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
21 minutes ago, NoelG said:

Hi Guys. To save me reading back through the thread, any update please when the AS class 37 pre-orders are expected to ship to customers? Thanks in advance.

Hi Noel,

As detailed in our email to you last night the delivery updates can be found in the latest news section of our website. Here is the Class 37 one for you: https://accurascale.co.uk/blogs/news/tractor-pull-a-first-look-at-the-full-class-37-range

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 3

Can't wait for my Loch Lomond .... these are looking better than ever.

Playing down the popularity - by modellers and full-sized operators alike - of the 37, I find I already have 4x 37's, without trying!!  (That other all-wheel-drive version.)

Glad things are starting to get into some sense of 'the new normal' .. keep us updated.

Al.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Noel,

As detailed in our email to you last night the delivery updates can be found in the latest news section of our website. Here is the Class 37 one for you: https://accurascale.co.uk/blogs/news/tractor-pull-a-first-look-at-the-full-class-37-range

Cheers!

Fran

Thank you. Unfortunately I had not yet received an email reply to my email query yesterday, just rudely deleted posts. So after reading the link above the answer seems to be July or August next year for the class 37. A simple direct 3 word date answer would have sufficed and been more helpful rather than me having to read through all that. Such delays are first world problems. Will enjoy class 37 whenever delivered. Will be back home in a week, so looking forward to getting a taste of your first ever loco models, the CIE 'A' class. A taste of things to come and the culmination of a dream hatched by four guys. Thanks btw for the helpful tip off 7 years ago, saved me a packet. :good:

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, NoelG said:

Thank you. Unfortunately I had not yet received an email reply to my email query yesterday, just rudely deleted posts. So after reading the link above the answer seems to be July or August next year for the class 37. A simple direct 3 word date answer would have sufficed and been more helpful rather than me having to read through all that. Such delays are first world problems. Will enjoy class 37 whenever delivered. Will be back home in a week, so looking forward to getting a taste of your first ever loco models, the CIE 'A' class. A taste of things to come and the culmination of a dream hatched by four guys. Thanks btw for the helpful tip off 7 years ago, saved me a packet. :good:

Hi Noel,

I hope @AY Mod doesn’t mind me explaining the deletion of posts from another forum, but as per my post there last night your posts were removed by a moderator due to them being completely off topic to the subject matter. 

I’m sorry you feel the updates are too long, but at least you now know where you can find that information in future.

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 12
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Premium

The way these are going the only thing anyone will want to know is when are they here as 6 versions are sold out now,it would be useful to have some indication as to when any of the forthcoming models are getting close to sell out if thats a possible thing,probably do you a bit of good as panic would set in.

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

The way these are going the only thing anyone will want to know is when are they here as 6 versions are sold out now,it would be useful to have some indication as to when any of the forthcoming models are getting close to sell out if thats a possible thing,probably do you a bit of good as panic would set in.

I know @Accurascale Fransent out a mailshot in the last few days, but the entire run is now past 85% presold with 6 SKUs entirely gone, 5 more SKUs with the dcc ready or sound fitted version gone, and several more versions close to sold out. That said, these are direct numbers, and you may still find options at our growing stockist network - https://accurascale.co.uk/pages/store-locator

We are unable to increase the run (it's already substantial) as doing so would impact other models not yet announced in production.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 1