Class 37, by Accurascale

• RMweb Gold

In the meantime we have Shawplan to help fill the gaps, though Brian’s low on the 37/40 windscreens at the moment, with a new batch to follow. It means that the current fleet will look the part alongside the Accurascale 37s, and whatever else is to follow when they’re here. My current wishlist is for a 37502 to go with 501, which is currently awaiting lining and transfers.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
On 12/10/2021 at 16:55, McC said:

We are unable to increase the run (it's already substantial) as doing so would impact other models not yet announced in production.

Initially my interpretation of the comment above was to conclude it mean't other variants of the 37 were in production, having read the whole post again I am now inclined to think other models refers to perhaps other locos and other stock. Can you clarify this for us?

• RMweb Gold
25 minutes ago, Dicky L said:

Initially my interpretation of the comment above was to conclude it mean't other variants of the 37 were in production, having read the whole post again I am now inclined to think other models refers to perhaps other locos and other stock. Can you clarify this for us?

As always we can neither confirm nor deny unannounced  details but I can answer your question with one word. ‘Both’ :) 

• Like 7
  • Funny 7

• RMweb Gold
9 minutes ago, McC said:

As always we can neither confirm nor deny unannounced  details but I can answer your question with one word. ‘Both’ :) 

Both is also open to interpretation. Not all three then? My post mentioned 3 possibilities, Other 37 variants, Other Locos and other Rolling Stock. I suppose as the big man said 2 out of 3 aint bad :yahoo:

Edited by Dicky L
  • Funny 2

I think you can take it as read that there will be a second run of the popular class 37’s, as The Heavy Tractor Groups 37714 seems to be part of that run.

Can’t wait to see what else you have in the pipeline!

• Like 2
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Gold

Without taking this thread off piste, our ‘launch with tooled sample’ philosophy means there are -many- things extensively underway not yet announced. 

• Like 13

Here is a relative question. The DRS 37 that is "on holiday" at Bo ness appears to be very similar to some of the heavyweights that Accurascale have announced. It appear to be in bog standard blue (BR or DRS ??) with yellow ends, small arrows and 37067 on the bodysides.  As it is a refurb the livery isn't an authentic BR livery, but it actually is authentic because it exists right there in real life - just like 37521 and 37667 and 37905 in "non authentic" BR green - which again is actually authentic.

So my hypothetical question is, would someone expect to clear the decks if they commissioned Accurascale to produce a limited run of say 300 or 504 pieces ? I would say not, but interested in what others think.   

1 hour ago, Covkid said:

Here is a relative question. The DRS 37 that is "on holiday" at Bo ness appears to be very similar to some of the heavyweights that Accurascale have announced. It appear to be in bog standard blue (BR or DRS ??) with yellow ends, small arrows and 37067 on the bodysides.  As it is a refurb the livery isn't an authentic BR livery, but it actually is authentic because it exists right there in real life - just like 37521 and 37667 and 37905 in "non authentic" BR green - which again is actually authentic.

So my hypothetical question is, would someone expect to clear the decks if they commissioned Accurascale to produce a limited run of say 300 or 504 pieces ? I would say not, but interested in what others think.   

As 37703 in its current form as 37067 has only appeared on the B&KR and has never worked on BR metals in its current condition I would be surprised if there was demand for even 150 models never mind 504.

37521 and 37667 would be more viable as they are on the mainline and get about quite a bit.

Edited by 37114
Typo
  • Like 1
  • Agree 4

• RMweb Gold

Got my pre order in for a green one (D6700) before all go! This purchase partly justified on not buying a Hornby Clan (poor livery application) or a Bachmann V2 (disappointed with advance photo's of the production model). I think the market for models is going to get more competitive as purse strings tighten and I am confident that Accurascale will deliver on quality and specification. Less worried about how long delivery will take :)

• Like 5
  • Agree 6
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
On 16/10/2021 at 13:12, Covkid said:

It’d be an easy respray job to do yourself.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Covkid said:

I agree it would be - for those who can handle an airbrush.

I was thinking more in terms of Accurascale's balance sheet :)

I need a little friend to go with Teesside Steelmaster as it was normally coupled to 37502 back in the day, and I’ve just done the former via Bachmann and Shawplan.

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, 97406 said:

I need a little friend to go with Teesside Steelmaster as it was normally coupled to 37502 back in the day, and I’ve just done the former via Bachmann and Shawplan.

And having seen your photos of it, a very good job you have done too.

Roy

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium
On 09/10/2021 at 12:42, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Noel,

As detailed in our email to you last night the delivery updates can be found in the latest news section of our website. Here is the Class 37 one for you: https://accurascale.co.uk/blogs/news/tractor-pull-a-first-look-at-the-full-class-37-range

Cheers!

Fran

Fran

Will the sound decoder include the Darth Vader horn that seems popular with some class 37 drivers?:senile:

• Funny 5