Class 37, by Accurascale

On 17/11/2021 at 06:46, rob D2 said:

Seeing as the LL 37s have been constantly favourites with blue box, I think it’s an absolute cert .

Yeh , seeing as how I want about 10 of them , I’m rather desperate for an original Scottish /4 too !

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, Chris56057 said:

Decorated samples will be here this month if I remember correctly? 

Hi Chris,

That's correct. Looking liked very end of the month before Chinese New Year for the first ones, so may slip into very early Feb by the time they reach us but certainly in the next few weeks.

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 7

I was reading that the first 68 built at Vulcan all had riveted roofs but why did some of those have a single riveted roof (37051 for example) and others had a double riveted roof (37026 for example)?

Was the double riveted roof the original design? If so, why did it alter on some of them to the intermediate single riveted roof?

• RMweb Gold

I know that this is a “how long is a piece of string” question but I’ve just pre-ordered a Class 55 and now that they are in production, I was wondering if the Class 37’s will be not far behind?

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, jools1959 said:

I know that this is a “how long is a piece of string” question but I’ve just pre-ordered a Class 55 and now that they are in production, I was wondering if the Class 37’s will be not far behind?

still on course per our December round up. 37 and 92 production run in parallel immediately after Chinese New Year. 

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

28 minutes ago, McC said:

still on course per our December round up. 37 and 92 production run in parallel immediately after Chinese New Year. 

December?!?! But that's almost four weeks ago!

We need daily updates direct from the factory superintendent in the Peoples Republic, preferably with details about our own specific order (eg. Sorry Cuthbert Williams of 110 Lavatory Avenue, but we dropped your 55002 into a mug of tea yesterday afternoon at around 3 o'clock.") and don't waste time translating them, just post the Chinese characters here and those of us who really need to know will take evening classes in mandarin Chinese.

Now, what's Chinese for "class 40 please"?

• Funny 8

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, McC said:

Sounds good though slight fly in the ointment is that the decorated samples for the Class 92 have appeared, but nothing for the Class 37.  I’m not trying to imply that the 37’s won’t be as good livery wise, as the 92’s, but there are some who’ll foam, dribble, drool and maybe yank a certain appendage of the bodies at the nice colours :locomotive::locomotive::jester:

• Funny 4

• RMweb Gold
Just now, jools1959 said:

Sounds good though slight fly in the ointment is that the decorated samples for the Class 92 have appeared, but nothing for the Class 37.  I’m not trying to imply that the 37’s won’t be as good livery wise, as the 92’s, but there are some who’ll foam, dribble, drool and maybe yank a certain appendage of the bodies at the nice colours :locomotive::locomotive::jester:

Soon. Very, very soon!

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 12

22 hours ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

If this keeps up it will drive you to Guinness,as long as its not the guy in Transit holding things up still.

Part of me wonders if Guinness and a long night at the Accurascale office were involved, they've misplaced the models and now are trying to remember where they put them when playing "Hide the 37"

• RMweb Gold

Is it not looking quite tight for production to commence if you're still awaiting decorated samples? (Don't get me wrong happy to wait some more if needs be, the question's borne from eager anticipation not wailing & teeth gnashing:D)

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, slow8dirty said:

Is it not looking quite tight for production to commence if you're still awaiting decorated samples? (Don't get me wrong happy to wait some more if needs be, the question's borne from eager anticipation not wailing & teeth gnashing:D)

All is on schedule :)

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 3 weeks later...