Class 37, by Accurascale

33 minutes ago, McC said:

https://accurascale.customerdesk.io/#rp-customer-widget-faq-7aa8b592-1544-4f39-8f30-7cf93d005fde

There is also a hard copy included with your Class 37 Booklet pack.

For some reason I thought the booklet was only for the sound decoder. but I presume the non-sound decoder is basically set up to operate the non-sound functions in the same way. That makes sense.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, G-BOAF said:

For some reason I thought the booklet was only for the sound decoder. but I presume the non-sound decoder is basically set up to operate the non-sound functions in the same way. That makes sense.

The same occurred with the class 92: Accurascale standardised the function keys between the sound and non-sound variants, it's just that pressing those functions that would have worked sounds will do nothing on the non-sound locos.

I have been remapping quite a few different sound decoders for locomotives from different manufacturers to help my memory a bit without having to consult the list sheets all the time. That's just a personal preference, but, as you  said, it makes sense, especially when dealing with the same type of locomotive.

On 02/04/2024 at 13:04, taliesin said:

IMG_0070.jpeg.a417abac8c837348636622043d7a99e6.jpegSome sad news circulating that 97301 is to be taken to Colwick so various useful spares can be removed prior to her being scrapped. Here at Blaenau Ffestiniog in happier days, June 2014 (courtesy of Jack Bowley). At least she’ll live on in model form. Regards, Rob

I think this is the merit of model railways--scrapped equipment can be remembered and have its new life in model form.

• Like 2

On 02/04/2024 at 21:24, nightstar.train said:

302-4 would maybe be better bets as they’ve had longer working lives

I agree, although there a couple of reasons why it was chosen;

1. To use Accurascale unique nose tooling, I believe the rest are normal centre headcode ends.

2. The other three I think have been subject to more attention from the other manufacturers. Bachmann have done 303 and 304 in their old tooling, VI have done 302 and 304. Hornby have done 302 as well but I think this is post Accurascales model and doesn't really compete with the VI or old Bachmann let alone the Accurascale.

• Agree 1