Jump to content

Accurascale Fran

Class 37, by Accurascale

Recommended Posts

Hi folks 

 

Looking at your image of D6702,  a minor point...

 

Assume this is the image you are working from? An interesting collection of cab side markings!
 

https://www.flickr.com/photos/fireman_fotter/15539523940/

 

Just be aware that as you have it portrayed at https://accurascale.co.uk/products/d6702 you have the shed allocation laid out as if it were a shed plate with the alpha digit under the numerics. On the photo it isnt a plate , its a sticker and the digits should all be on the same line.

 

Hope that helps!

 

Kind regards

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Phil,

 

Good spot! We have the updated artwork here to reflect this. :)

 

Class-370-V6-D6702-BR-Green-SYE.jpg.65d41c2028b47ca33d07745d88ad3aa4.jpg

 

Cheers!

 

Fran

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Phil,

 

Good spot! We have the updated artwork here to reflect this. :)

 

Class-370-V6-D6702-BR-Green-SYE.jpg.65d41c2028b47ca33d07745d88ad3aa4.jpg

 

Cheers!

 

Fran

 

Cheers Fran

 

No messing there then... looks like you also have the boiler port blanked, that should be correct for NB loco but cant find a clear shot of the roof of this loco in this era....

 

Was resisting these pending early Welsh locos but a Tinsley loco would have worked through Abbotswood....

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Phil Bullock said:

 

Cheers Fran

 

No messing there then... looks like you also have the boiler port blanked, that should be correct for NB loco but cant find a clear shot of the roof of this loco in this era....

 

Was resisting these pending early Welsh locos but a Tinsley loco would have worked through Abbotswood....

 

 

 

We will be offering alternative boiler port blanking plates in a polybag for these early locos as the boiler situation was fluid at this time, so you get the choice of both! :)

 

Cheers,

 

Fran

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

 

We will be offering alternative boiler port blanking plates in a polybag for these early locos as the boiler situation was fluid at this time, so you get the choice of both! :)

 

Cheers,

 

Fran

 

Good plan....

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anybody know the dates when the proposed D6702 in gsyp wore this livery ?  It appears to have a TOPS panel whilst retaining the 'D' prefix to its number. 

 

The photo of the actual loco referred to above, does not state a precise date, whilst the class 37 behind in gfye livery appears to be without its 'D' prefix. 

 

I have tried to find the earliest date when locos received these data panels without success.

 

For comparison, there is an earlier image of D6702 at:-

 

https://hiveminer.com/Tags/d6702/Timeline

 

4th row down - left image (when I opened this page)

 

Also there is a photo dated 17.3.68 of D6702 with 'NB' after its number, but no data panel at:

 

https://www.rail-online.co.uk/p251491321/h6557C62#h6557c62

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi there 73080

 

D6702 is modelled in a Late 1960's period. Hope that helps!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just wondering if 97301 ever runs with MK3 DVTs on the other end of a train (other than moving them about)? From what I can see it normally runs with a DBSO but they aren't easy to come by!

 

Actually since posting this I have found a pic of it top and tailing with 37099 which is good enough for me as I have it!

Edited by TomScrut
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TomScrut said:

Just wondering if 97301 ever runs with MK3 DVTs on the other end of a train (other than moving them about)? From what I can see it normally runs with a DBSO but they aren't easy to come by!

 

Actually since posting this I have found a pic of it top and tailing with 37099 which is good enough for me as I have it!

 

The yellow Mk3 DVTs can only work in push-pull mode with 67s. (There may have been the odd stock move with 37s and the yellow DVTs other than the initial delivery run with 97301/37425 from Brush.)

6Z67 Brush - RTC 37425 82124 82129 82145 and 97301

 

Plenty of pics of 97301 with yellow RTOVs [*] though 

 

[RTOV - remote train operating vehicle - is the official term for the former DBSOs, but they are still referred to as DiBSOs by the guys that maintain and run them]

  • Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TomScrut said:

Just wondering if 97301 ever runs with MK3 DVTs on the other end of a train (other than moving them about)? From what I can see it normally runs with a DBSO but they aren't easy to come by!

 

Actually since posting this I have found a pic of it top and tailing with 37099 which is good enough for me as I have it!

 

Hopefully Bachmann announce a Network Rail DBSO in their 2020 range...they would be mad not to considering how popular this Accurascale 97301 is going to be.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, maico said:

Fran, how are you getting the right shade of green on the early ones. Looking at this colour photo when the loco had just left the works, it's Army khaki green like old Land Rovers ?

https://www.rail-online.co.uk/p251491321/hD7521453#heff2f88


Eh, that’s a black and white photo! How can you tell it was khaki green? As far as I am aware, the green used for locos in that period is fairly well understood: BR Locomotive Green

 

Roy

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, maico said:

Fran, how are you getting the right shade of green on the early ones. Looking at this colour photo when the loco had just left the works, it's Army khaki green like old Land Rovers ?

https://www.rail-online.co.uk/p251491321/hD7521453#heff2f88

you can not go on old photos

as the 2 major old film makers one was good at taking photos of red things & the other green the same what for the photo paper

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Roy Langridge said:


Eh, that’s a black and white photo! How can you tell it was khaki green? As far as I am aware, the green used for locos in that period is fairly well understood: BR Locomotive Green

 

Roy

 

Link shows in colour to me.

  • Like 1
  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, classy52 said:

 

Hopefully Bachmann announce a Network Rail DBSO in their 2020 range...they would be mad not to considering how popular this Accurascale 97301 is going to be.

Well in a nice world of friendly business you would think this would happen.

 

Remember what Bachmann did with Hattons following the 66, well they also do a 37 too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, mozzer models said:

you can not go on old photos

as the 2 major old film makers one was good at taking photos of red things & the other green the same what for the photo paper

 

You can if the photo contains white skin tones, grass, sky blue, gray and other known tones. I used to work as a cameraman in the film industry grading negative stock in post.

The photo shown might be a Kodachrome transparency though which is generally accurate for green. See WWII Kodachromes here

https://www.theguardian.com/world/gallery/2017/apr/19/the-second-world-war-in-colour-in-pictures

 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, classy52 said:

 

Hopefully Bachmann announce a Network Rail DBSO in their 2020 range...they would be mad not to considering how popular this Accurascale 97301 is going to be.

 

May depend on whether Bachmann had already scheduled the DBSO for a production run or not.  If not then maybe one of the announcements later in 2020 or even 2021 if Bachmann wants to take advantage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, mdvle said:

 

May depend on whether Bachmann had already scheduled the DBSO for a production run or not.  If not then maybe one of the announcements later in 2020 or even 2021 if Bachmann wants to take advantage.

Aye and maybe some blue/grey and Scotrail ones when Heljan release their 47/7 models to rival Bachamann's in a couple of years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Roy Langridge said:

As far as I am aware, the green used for locos in that period is fairly well understood: BR Locomotive Green

 

Ah ha, but which BR Locomotive green??????

 

Dusty Eastfield Line-Up.

 

6224561458_aa842ffcb7_c.jpgD7027 & D7003, at Worcester by Geoff Dowling, on Flickr

 

P

 

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is Bill Wright's Kodachrome transparency of an English Electric 1000HP Type 1 Bo-Bo no. D8123 on Polmadie Shed taken in 15th July 1965. It contains all the info required to colour match this loco IMHO.

I dare say there are photos of the early class 37s just as good.

 

4942067526_803b88987c_b.jpg

Edited by maico
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/01/2020 at 13:21, Phil Bullock said:

BRLocodatabase says she was a 41A loco between 11.11.67 and 16.5.70. 

 

http://www.brdatabase.info/locoqry.php?action=locodata&type=D&id=6702&loco=6702

 

1969 is a fair bet but cant find a definitive photo for that year .... yet!

 

 

Data panels - which were nothing at all to do with TOPS as they pre-dated it by 5 years - first started to appear on locos in 1968 although very slowly at first  (so you had to look them up in the white Pages of the WMRS if you had a loco without a panel).  I reckon 1969 is a reasonable assumption.

 

Various Tinsley turns required boilers when the EE turns were first allocated as they worked south over the GC route to Banbury on passenger jobs.

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For accurate green why not take a paint shaving off the real thing ?

may locos out there have loads of coats painted on top of older liveries.

Ive some railwayana in the loft that’s got various shades underneath the top coats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

Ive some railwayana in the loft that’s got various shades underneath the top coats.


So which one’s the ‘right’ one?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.