Class 37, by Accurascale

5 minutes ago, Chilly said:

Could the D6702 model be renumbered to pass for the preserved D6732 ?

Only if you could live with the additional uprights on the Cantrail grills and the flanges under and along the full length of the grills. D6702 had them, D6732 doesn't.

P

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Informative/Useful 1

On 22/09/2020 at 11:16, Accurascale Fran said:

We're just glad Concrete Bob is finally out and about on the network in it's beautiful Reggie Rail garb!

Now available to run on Cornish layouts!  425 runs through Par yesterday.

BFDD62AF-887C-4A30-85FD-06C937C0ED08.jpeg

• Like 10

16 hours ago, Porcy Mane said:

Only if you could live with the additional uprights on the Cantrail grills and the flanges under and along the full length of the grills. D6702 had them, D6732 doesn't.

P

Ah ! Thanks, my search goes on :rolleyes:

Chilly

Edited by Chilly

On 09/10/2020 at 21:30, mevaman1 said:

Now available to run on Cornish layouts!  425 runs through Par yesterday.

...And now layouts based in all counties from Cornwall to Norfolk!

37425 at Ipswich

Another two AS 37/4 prototypes can now be found on the RHTT circuit in Yorkshire, which will (very soon) also mean any heaviness of weathering will be suitable for these two!

37419 3S14 Gascoigne wood jn 10.10.2020

(Both pics are Flickr links embedded)

Lots of DRS 37/4 (and 37/0 with some 37/7) action on this year's RHTT operations.

Jack.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Jack374 said:

Another two AS 37/4 prototypes can now be found on the RHTT circuit in Yorkshire, which will (very soon) also mean any heaviness of weathering will be suitable for these two!

Lots of DRS 37/4 (and 37/0 with some 37/7) action on this year's RHTT operations

Yeah the combination of 419 and 423 is doing a good job of selling me 419, I actually opted for 423 in its place alongside 425. I might end up with all three!

• Agree 1

On 30/12/2019 at 19:21, tractor_37260 said:

Na ......   one of these or any of it's sisters....I think would have FAR bigger appeal, but I'm biased..............;)

Question - did any of these 37/0s with a car headlight(!) ever carry the stag symbols?

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, JSpencer said:

Question - did any of these 37/0s with a car headlight(!) ever carry the stag symbols?

The only one I know is 37114 Dunrobin Castle  . Annoyingly the headlight is in a different place. Hopefully there were others but the only ones I know of were centre headcode box.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ruggedpeak said:

If we are wishlisting preserved locos, I'll go for 37264 as preserved at NYMR. I have a 35 year old renumbered Hornby version from Frizinghall and a state of the art version would be great :)

Yeah my layout is based on engines either at NYMR or those that have visited either steam or diesel :D

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, TrevorP1 said:

The only one I know is 37114 Dunrobin Castle  . Annoyingly the headlight is in a different place. Hopefully there were others but the only ones I know of were centre headcode box.

37025, 37035,  also 37260-263.

Unrefurb IS class 37’s had car headlights quite late.. indeed until the 156’s arrived, 37262 was in civil engineers and still with car headlight.

Edited by adb968008

4 hours ago, No Decorum said:

Nice. That’s another approach to railway modelling. It’s such a rich and varied hobby. :good:

I agree that it is but must confess that I have strayed a little onto preserved loco's as well such as the King class :rolleyes: 

3 minutes ago, Chilly said:

I agree that it is but must confess that I have strayed a little onto preserved loco's as well such as the King class :rolleyes: 

“Confess” is the wrong word here. Good on yer! Kings are great models, unless Hornby has picked up the wrong tinlet by mistake.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
19 hours ago, JSpencer said:

16 hours ago, adb968008 said:

37025, 37035,  also 37260-263.

Unrefurb IS class 37’s had car headlights quite late.. indeed until the 156’s arrived, 37262 was in civil engineers and still with car headlight.

I'm planning a (very) small Highland 'side project' to give me some modelling variety now that so much hobby time is available thanks to Covid 19. I'm absolutely no expert on Scottish railways or class 37s so I've done some research on Flickr and also in Nick Meskell's excellent little volumes where the IS based 37s are listed.

The 'split box' locos listed by Nick as having been allocated to Inverness are as follows. Notes on lights and nose doors are those seen in images on Flickr and in Nick's books.

• 37011 Original nose doors, light high in the centre.
  • 37017 Original nose doors, light high in the centre.
  • 37025 Panelled over nose doors, light high in the centre.
  • 37035 Panelled over nose doors, light high in the centre.
  • 37114 Original nose doors, light high on top of nose.

The scheduled models from Accurascale both have original nose doors but with the light in the centre of the right hand door. The easiest ones to produce by modification maybe look to be 25 and 35. A question as to to who is going to be the bravest to attack a new model! 

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, adb968008 said:

I remember seeing 37011 with a crashed cab at Crewe Works open day in July 1987.

it was a Scottie Dog, not a Stag, large logo, but one cab was barely recognise able.

pictures (not mine) from Flickr...

37011 at Crewe Works 1987

37011 Crewe 040787

Pre health and safety and corporate paranoia!

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
24 minutes ago, TrevorP1 said:

Pre health and safety and corporate paranoia!

In 1987, I was 12.

My dad let me roam free around the entire works, whilst he was on a sales stand.

i remember going around one doorway and finding an imposing space ship, all White, with bits of Black, looked like the fighter bay from the Millenium falcon. right up against the door...... well 87201 actually, with some chalk on it saying 90001.

out the back, I was cabbing scrap class 40’s, looking at the long withdrawn 84’s on the other side of the mainline.

imagine being a kid today allowed to roam freely around a railway works, even if it was an open day... I wasnt alone.. loads of kids were simply let loose to roam.

I remember doing the same at Doncaster Works open-day 1984, I was only 9 then !! Roamed about, went in the cab of a newly built HST, played with the controls and drivers phone, all was fun, until someone else answered at the other end... scared myself to death, hung up and left !.. returned to my father have spotted the last 7 class 56’s being built, dubiously claiming a box of bolts marked 56135 as a spot.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 7
  • Funny 2

2 hours ago, adb968008 said:

I remember seeing 37011 with a crashed cab at Crewe Works open day in July 1987.

it was a Scottie Dog, not a Stag, large logo, but one cab was barely recognise able.

pictures (not mine) from Flickr...

37011 at Crewe Works 1987

37011 Crewe 040787

Much to my shame the only mileage I had off 37011 was Tyndrum Upper to Crianlarich in its cab (in a pair with 37085) on a freight.  Those familiar with the standard rule book on bashing tell me that cab rides don’t count....

• Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
49 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

In 1987, I was 12.

My dad let me roam free around the entire works, whilst he was on a sales stand.

out the back, I was cabbing scrap class 40’s, looking at the long withdrawn 84’s on the other side of the mainline.

I was also 12 in 1987, I wonder if our paths crossed at the open day all those years ago? 

crewescrapline3.jpg

crewescrapline4.jpg

• Like 10

Nice to see that Accurascale have updated the artwork of 37425 so that the model will be same as the one running as it is on the network without the Regional Railways branding.

I wasn't orginally going for a Class 37/4 model as the real ones mainly stay up country which due to trying to reduce the amount of models that i would like to buy i set a criteria off only buying the models of railway stock that have traveled down or been around the Cornwall area although a few models do get past that doesn't fit the criteria. But after last week of seeing 37425 Sir Robert McAlpine/Concrete Bob on the mainline at Bodmin it has changed my mind so i will be ordering it at one of Accurascales retailers.

Accurascale seem to have struck again as this will be yet another purchase that i wasn't planning to buy of them which now includes PFAs and when released the Nuclear KUAs which visits nearby Devonport. 

Image below taken from video i took of 37425.

P1050474.JPG

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

• RMweb Gold
On 14/10/2020 at 20:04, big jim said:

I was also 12 in 1987, I wonder if our paths crossed at the open day all those years ago? 

crewescrapline3.jpg

crewescrapline4.jpg

You didnt go in the guards compartment of a HST at Doncaster works and pick up the phone ?

:-)

My father did tons of sales stands for a preserved railway,  on loads of railtours, nearly every weekend, all over the country, it meant 6am starts, 10pm finishes. Every works & shed openday was covered, it also made me confident to roam alone at a very young age.. Unbeknownst to my parents I secreted away from Manchester to Clapham to watch 50’s on one occasion, Andover on another, around 13 years old... Chester and Crewe many times.. my Dad only found out in 2002, when he looked at my photographs.. then it twigged on him, why I couldn't afford to get the films developed... I was buying film, taking pictures and using the developing money to wander.

I loved it. It came with fringe benefits, Such as a cab ride in D200 from Preston to Bolton...

Brilliant, but my mum wiped the floor with my dad for letting me get so dirty. If there wasn't a tour or an openday that weekend, we were chasing whatever was next to go for scrap.. it started with 55,76,120,124 moved on to 25’s, then 40’s, 45,46 throughout all of it was class 08’s... they were just always being scrapped. The odd one was seeing 03’s being overhauled at Swindon, whilst others were scrapped outside...couldnt get my head around that.

To bring back to topic, with a wee hint...

Coalville openday, first time I saw 37350, freshly painted green, still with Deltic bogies, with number D6700 at one end, sealed end doors.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 10