Class 37, by Accurascale

29 minutes ago, sc2016 said:

Nice to see that Accurascale have updated the artwork of 37425 so that the model will be same as the one running as it is on the network without the Regional Railways branding.

That is good, they did say at the time of announcing it that the art was subject to its emergence from captivity

On 14/10/2020 at 19:13, adb968008 said:

i remember going around one doorway and finding an imposing space ship, all White, with bits of Black, looked like the fighter bay from the Millenium falcon. right up against the door...... well 87201 actually, with some chalk on it saying 90001.

Other way round.  It was 90001 with 87201 chalked on it.  At the time they were still designated 87/2 but this was changed to class 90 before the first one was released from works.

On 13/10/2020 at 19:51, JSpencer said:

Question - did any of these 37/0s with a car headlight(!) ever carry the stag symbols?

And also

37 263 in BR Blue had Stags and nose top fitted headlights as per 37 114 

37 033 in BR Blue had Stags and front door mounted headlights as per 37 026

37033 Inverness 37263 Inverness

• Like 6

50 minutes ago, tractor_37260 said:

And also

37 263 in BR Blue had Stags and nose top fitted headlights as per 37 114 

37 033 in BR Blue had Stags and front door mounted headlights as per 37 026

37033 Inverness 37263 Inverness

37033 would be so perfect. Making use of this Accurascale tooling and car head light to a max. Please Please @Accurascale Fran , make our dream come true!!

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

4 hours ago, JSpencer said:

37033 would be so perfect. Making use of this Accurascale tooling and car head light to a max. Please Please @Accurascale Fran , make our dream come true!!

Perhaps they will in time, for now here's a Bachmann model I completed earlier this year, it has working car type headlights.

37 033 BR Blue IS Depot 37 033 BR Blue IS Depot

• Like 12
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

• RMweb Premium
On 14/10/2020 at 19:13, adb968008 said:

I remember doing the same at Doncaster Works open-day 1984, I was only 9 then !! Roamed about, went in the cab of a newly built HST, played with the controls and drivers phone, all was fun, until someone else answered at the other end... scared myself to death, hung up and left !.. returned to my father have spotted the last 7 class 56’s being built, dubiously claiming a box of bolts marked 56135 as a spot.

56135 was built at Crewe.....................

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, big jim said:

better take that one out of the book then  

Oops, must have Crewe works openday 1984 then !

http://www.bropendays.co.uk/crewe1984.html

Doncaster Works openday was the following month...

http://www.bropendays.co.uk/doncaster1984.html

interestingly neither lists a HST power car on site, would I be correct assuming Doncaster 1984, neither the Deltics were yet preserved and neither was 20050... I hope some part of my brain is still in tact!

forgive me mixing 2 memories, 1 month apart 36 years ago !

;-)

• Like 2
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, adb968008 said:

Oops, must have Crewe works openday 1984 then !

http://www.bropendays.co.uk/crewe1984.html

Doncaster Works openday was the following month...

http://www.bropendays.co.uk/doncaster1984.html

interestingly neither lists a HST power car on site, would I be correct assuming Doncaster 1984, neither the Deltics were yet preserved and neither was 20050... I hope some part of my brain is still in tact!

forgive me mixing 2 memories, 1 month apart 36 years ago !

;-)

55022 entered preservation in 1983 and I thought 55016 was around that same time. 

Roy

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Phil Bullock said:

Depends how picky you want to be. D6702 has the extra cantrail grille bars ....

Ah so D6702 and D6704 as they stand would not fit for a preserved one, if not never mind, not that picky just wanted a green one as a representation of a green preserved 37.

Thanks for the info.

Chilly

Edited by Chilly

7 hours ago, Chilly said:

Ah so D6702 and D6704 as they stand would not fit for a preserved one, if not never mind, not that picky just wanted a green one as a representation of a green preserved 37.

Thanks for the info.

Chilly

You would need to fo a few tweaks but they would pass for D6700.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi everyone,

There is one preserved Class 37 that matches our "early 37" version, 37003/D6703, which could be renumbered from our 37001 release. The NRM's D6700 is also very similar to our "early 37" model although it has a high visibility headlight and no water filler panel on the bodysides.

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 5

23 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

There is one preserved Class 37 that matches our "early 37" version, 37003/D6703, which could be renumbered from our 37001 release. The NRM's D6700 is also very similar to our "early 37" model although it has a high visibility headlight and no water filler panel on the bodysides.

Cheers!

Fran

Oh no just when I thought the bank account was safe :swoon:

Chilly

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
On 16/11/2020 at 09:19, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

Cheers!

Fran

The NRMs D6700 was also 37350 in its past life... a railtour celebrity, sealed end, headcode box and fitted with ex-class 55  bogies, and a variant not been tooled since Lima days ;)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

image.png.9b463446d0b65f7f68d67a644960eb8f.png

BR English Electric Type 3 No.D6700...

60 years ago, today on 2nd December 1960, English Electric delivered the first of what was to become British Rail’s Class 37 locomotive, D6700, to Doncaster to begin its acceptance trials from its works at Newton-le-Willows.

Locomotion Models has commissioned its own OO Scale model of D6700 from Accurascale to be its latest addition to its National Collection in Miniature. It will be produced as delivered on that day in plain green livery (yellow warning panels were not added until much later), when it would have worked alongside steam locomotives which were in the process of being phased out of the British Railways network at that time in favour of diesel and electric traction.

309 examples of this mixed-traffic 1,750hp Co-Co class were built by English Electric and Robert Stephenson & Hawthorn between 1960 and 1965 to two basic designs, split and centre headcode. They could be found systemwide leading all kinds of freight and passenger services. 135 were rebuilt in the mid-1980s giving them a further lease of life, while further major rebuilds have taken place since privatisation. Many are still in service today.

D6700 was released from the factory on 2nd December 1960 and was immediately allocated to Stratford Depot in East London but underwent acceptance trials before running light engine to its new home arriving on 23rd December. It was allocated at various times to Haymarket, Thornaby, Toton, March, Gateshead and Tinsley. It was repainted into rail blue livery in June 1969.  After introduction of the TOPS (Total Operations Processing System) computerised numbering system D6700 became No. 37119 in 1974. It subsequently became a member of the 37/3 sub class in March 1988 and was renumbered to No. 37350. Having passed to English, Welsh & Scottish Railways (EWS) at privatisation the locomotive was backdated to pseudo-1960s condition for the Toton Depot Open Day in August 1998 and was named ‘National Railway Museum’ three months later. It was withdrawn on the 1st December 1999 and was presented by EWS to become part of the National Collection.

The Accurascale model will be delivered in Locomotion Models packaging and features a 21PIN DCC socket.

The model features include:

Plain BR green as delivered in December 1960

Split Headcode with four-character display (with optional customer-applied headcodes)

Nose connecting doors

No nose corner grab irons

Bufferbeam cowling with large round Oleo buffers

As delivered bufferbeam configuration with vacuum/steam/control pipes and multiple working equipment

Original windscreens and cab interior

Open boiler exhaust and steam valve (with optional plated version)

Double-riveted roof with large cab roof vent

Fabricated bogies

Underslung fuel tank with boiler water tank

Frost grille

Early cantrail grille with riveted surround

The model has a retail price of £169.99. It can be pre-ordered for £30 and is due for delivery in Autumn 2021.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
10 minutes ago, Chilly said:

image.png.9b463446d0b65f7f68d67a644960eb8f.png

BR English Electric Type 3 No.D6700...

60 years ago, today on 2nd December 1960, English Electric delivered the first of what was to become British Rail’s Class 37 locomotive, D6700, to Doncaster to begin its acceptance trials from its works at Newton-le-Willows.

Locomotion Models has commissioned its own OO Scale model of D6700 from Accurascale to be its latest addition to its National Collection in Miniature. It will be produced as delivered on that day in plain green livery (yellow warning panels were not added until much later), when it would have worked alongside steam locomotives which were in the process of being phased out of the British Railways network at that time in favour of diesel and electric traction.

309 examples of this mixed-traffic 1,750hp Co-Co class were built by English Electric and Robert Stephenson & Hawthorn between 1960 and 1965 to two basic designs, split and centre headcode. They could be found systemwide leading all kinds of freight and passenger services. 135 were rebuilt in the mid-1980s giving them a further lease of life, while further major rebuilds have taken place since privatisation. Many are still in service today.

D6700 was released from the factory on 2nd December 1960 and was immediately allocated to Stratford Depot in East London but underwent acceptance trials before running light engine to its new home arriving on 23rd December. It was allocated at various times to Haymarket, Thornaby, Toton, March, Gateshead and Tinsley. It was repainted into rail blue livery in June 1969.  After introduction of the TOPS (Total Operations Processing System) computerised numbering system D6700 became No. 37119 in 1974. It subsequently became a member of the 37/3 sub class in March 1988 and was renumbered to No. 37350. Having passed to English, Welsh & Scottish Railways (EWS) at privatisation the locomotive was backdated to pseudo-1960s condition for the Toton Depot Open Day in August 1998 and was named ‘National Railway Museum’ three months later. It was withdrawn on the 1st December 1999 and was presented by EWS to become part of the National Collection.

The Accurascale model will be delivered in Locomotion Models packaging and features a 21PIN DCC socket.

The model features include:

Plain BR green as delivered in December 1960

Split Headcode with four-character display (with optional customer-applied headcodes)

Nose connecting doors

No nose corner grab irons

Bufferbeam cowling with large round Oleo buffers

As delivered bufferbeam configuration with vacuum/steam/control pipes and multiple working equipment

Original windscreens and cab interior

Open boiler exhaust and steam valve (with optional plated version)

Double-riveted roof with large cab roof vent

Fabricated bogies

Underslung fuel tank with boiler water tank

Frost grille

Early cantrail grille with riveted surround

The model has a retail price of £169.99. It can be pre-ordered for £30 and is due for delivery in Autumn 2021.

NOW I will struggle not to order one of these as it's a local lad... I knew it was right to hold back lol

• Like 2
  • Agree 2