Class 37, by Accurascale

14 hours ago, toolongtoremember said:

Not long now to go!!! The delivery window Q2 2021 is drawing to an end, just one month and a few days left and we'll have our 37s! 

And update on a more narrowed delivery window? 

Thanks. 

I had assumed the Cl55 would be out before the Cl37......

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, boxbrownie said:

Looking at the lead times of other new models I’ve recently bought, I’d say the Autumn is the likely time they’ll be landed. Add 2 weeks’ further delay if they need to go over the EU/UK border, if we haven’t sorted it out by then.

• RMweb Gold
24 minutes ago, boxbrownie said:

This is indeed correct. The Deltic is ahead of the 37. 

18 minutes ago, 97406 said:

Looking at the lead times of other new models I’ve recently bought, I’d say the Autumn is the likely time they’ll be landed. Add 2 weeks’ further delay if they need to go over the EU/UK border, if we haven’t sorted it out by then.

Our British customers will receive their models via a UK warehouse, our ROW customers from our Irish warehouse.

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

This is indeed correct. The Deltic is ahead of the 37. 

Our British customers will receive their models via a UK warehouse, our ROW customers from our Irish warehouse.

Cheers!

Fran

Yes, that’s the way to do it. All my customers that import from the ROW are doing the same. I have a Ballymoss on order with the white window surrounds for my heritage fleet, and the LL class 37.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, boxbrownie said:

Will delivery times be about the same as I ordered the RoS special Cl55 edition?

Not that I am worried, it’ll arrive when it does.

No, there will be a bit of time between both. All will be revealed in the update, but hope that helps!

Cheers!

Fran 

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

No, there will be a bit of time between both. All will be revealed in the update, but hope that helps!

Cheers!

Fran 

I actually made the same mistake I did before, I have in fact order the 55 from you :blush: it is the 18000 Turbine from Rails...

• Funny 2

1 hour ago, Accurascale Fran said:

ROW = ?

Republic of xxxxx? What have I missed since I left (apart from many grey cells).

• Friendly/supportive 1

2 minutes ago, Damo666 said:

ROW = ?

Republic of xxxxx? What have I missed since I left (apart from many grey cells).

Rest of World, presumably

• Like 1
  • Agree 5
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
26 minutes ago, Damo666 said:

ROW = ?

My apologies. I have given out to students in my previous life for using abbreviations when communicating officially without explaining them first. If only they could see me now! It is indeed "Rest of World".

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, The Ghost of IKB said:

TLA?

Terrifically large aardvark?

Terrified by long artichokes?

Timothy's lupatious antelopes?

Three Letter Acronym ... isn't it obvious

When the list of abbreviations at the start of a document exceeds the actual text ... !!

• Funny 2

42 minutes ago, Ruairidh Munro said:

When the list of abbreviations at the start of a document exceeds the actual text ... !!

Total Lack of Awareness.

• Funny 5

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)

ROFL,IDK MY KUA ETA, AIUI ASAP.

AOK.

If i really wanted to be cryptic..

52 4f 46 4c 2c 49 44 4b 20 4d 59 20 4b 55 41 20 45 54 41 2c 20 41 49 55 49 20 69 74 73 20 41 53 41 50 2e 0a 41 4f 4b 2e

:paint:

Edited by adb968008
  • Funny 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

ROFL,IDK MY KUA ETA, AIUI ASAP.

AOK.

If i really wanted to be cryptic..

52 4f 46 4c 2c 49 44 4b 20 4d 59 20 4b 55 41 20 45 54 41 2c 20 41 49 55 49 20 69 74 73 20 41 53 41 50 2e 0a 41 4f 4b 2e

:paint:

Duplicate post? :D

Edited by Damo666
  • Funny 1

59 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

My apologies. I have given out to students in my previous life for using abbreviations when communicating officially without explaining them first. If only they could see me now! It is indeed "Rest of World".

Cheers!

Fran 

No Problem. I I was just thinking along the wrong lines.

Now, just need to figure out these TLAs:

KUA

HYA

JSA

IKA

PFA

TEA

IIA

PCA

FIA

• Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Damo666 said:

ROW = ?

I usually render it as RoW.

A TLA that has been around for longer than most. In the 60s and 70s we played Test Matches against them in the years that South Africa (RSA) were due to have played. Some great matches as I recall, competitive but played in a very good spirit.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Damo666 said:

No Problem. I I was just thinking along the wrong lines.

Now, just need to figure out these TLAs:

KUA

HYA

JSA

IKA

PFA

TEA

IIA

PCA

FIA

Do you work in an opticians by any chance,who can read the bottom line ok??

• Funny 1

Posted (edited)

One thing I love about the britmodeller forum is that the software translates the really common acronyms when you mouse over. No idea how they did it but it's a neat feature, certainly one I could use here when I stray into some topics :D

Edited by Ragtag

4 hours ago, Ruairidh Munro said:

A friend of mine used 'TLA' as the trading title for his electronics company.

5 hours ago, Damo666 said:

ROW = ?

There's a street name in Grosmont (just up the hill from the NYMR level crossing) called "Institute Row, leading to Office Row" - probably followed by Punch-up in the Car Park!

• Funny 4

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)

An old acronym I recall was Toilet...

stands for Thirty One, Inside Loco, Expect Trouble.

Relates back to the knackered 31/4’s (later 31/5’s) used on the Manchester to Barrow, Blackpool and Southport turns, when reliability was so poor they would default to sending them out double headed, in expectation one would fail. 
The expectations were usually met, and the return working to Manchester was invariably a different pair, as quite often both the outbound pair would fail, in some cases it was possible to see 4x 31’s on a 4x coach train with only 1 of them actually left working.

That reminds me.. an accurate OO gauge 31... wouldn't that be a nice thing to model ?

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 5
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 3

9 hours ago, adb968008 said:

An old acronym I recall was Toilet...

stands for Thirty One, Inside Loco, Expect Trouble.

Relates back to the knackered 31/4’s (later 31/5’s) used on the Manchester to Barrow, Blackpool and Southport turns, when reliability was so poor they would default to sending them out double headed, in expectation one would fail. 
The expectations were usually met, and the return working to Manchester was invariably a different pair, as quite often both the outbound pair would fail, in some cases it was possible to see 4x 31’s on a 4x coach train with only 1 of them actually left working.

That reminds me.. an accurate OO gauge 31... wouldn't that be a nice thing to model ?

Not to accurate from what youre saying! Id want to be confident it would get to the fiddle yard and back before expiring!

• Funny 3