Class 37, by Accurascale

• RMweb Gold
15 minutes ago, Graham108 said:

CHMSL is a FLA

I misread that and thought you'd miscounted, and that it was in fact a FLA. I do apologise however, you are indeed correct, it is a FLA.

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

As railway modellers we should be aware of TLA's, especially if you model TOPS wagons!

Mike.

TOPS codes are not TLAs, they are Codes. Passenger Carrying Coaching Stock however can be 2, 3 4 or 5 letter acronyms.

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, 96701 said:

TOPS codes are not TLAs, they are Codes. Passenger Carrying Coaching Stock however can be 2, 3 4 or 5 letter acronyms.

For a minute I actually thought HAA, HUO etc actually meant something.

Edited by adb968008

Minor thread drift sorry.

On our Tornado F3 fighter maintenance course we learnt about the hullyouwhiskyou, or HLWSCU, the High Lift and Wing Sweep Control Unit. An elecro-hydraulic box of tricks that sorted out the right amount of trailing edge flap movement in relation to how much the wings were swept.

An SLA.

Also a PITA to replace when faulty. Spent all night repacing one in a freezing hanger down the Falklands, for the replacement to also be faulty, and spent the next night replacing that one.

Shouldn't join up if you can't take a joke!

Edited by KDG
Clarification
  • Like 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

2 hours ago, 97406 said:

Of course, the real enthusiast would be keen to know whether they’re being shipped FOB, DDP, or with some other such incoterm, agreed with the factory. ;) :D

Could be FCA?

On 22/05/2021 at 17:00, Roy Langridge said:

They stated that it caused confusion with their business,  explained that they had used AIS for their business since 1992,

I work in the chemical industry. And when I lived in the UK it was somewhat embarrassing to refer to the national trade association, the Chemical Industries Association, by its acronym. 

50 minutes ago, 97406 said:

Then there’s always KLF.... https://youtu.be/-gLs6YNnqZY

Also EMF. Whatever it really stands for, Ecstasy Mother F*****s always sticks in my mind. :blush:

Edited by truffy
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, truffy said:

I work in the chemical industry. And when I lived in the UK it was somewhat embarrassing to refer to the national trade association, the Chemical Industry Association, by its acronym. 

Also EMF 

Which stood for.... ;)

• RMweb Gold
Just now, truffy said:

Epsom Mad Funkers, if you believe wackypeedeeyah. But I think I edited as you posted. 

I recall ‘Ecstacy Mother Hubbards’ from an interview in Mixmag or DJ Mag at the time (I thought it better to sanitise things a little before posting, what with this being a family forum and all that).

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, 97406 said:

I recall ‘Ecstacy Mother Hubbards’ from an interview in Mixmag or DJ Mag at the time (I thought it better to sanitise things a little before posting, what with this being a family forum and all that).

In my old business it was the Electro Magnetic Field test laboratory.....which ironically was indeed in a field :lol:

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, boxbrownie said:

In my old business it was the Electro Magnetic Field test laboratory.....which ironically was indeed in a field :lol:

Electromotive force in physics at school if I recall correctly

Edited by 97406

32 minutes ago, Chris56057 said:

I thought decorated samples of these were due before the end of May, can't be long now till these are released? 

Since decorated samples were originally due before Chinese New Year and that would have enabled delivery of the production models by the end of Q2, I think we can safely assume that delivery has slipped by something like four months, so perhaps September if you're an optimist and just in time for Christmas if you're not so optimistic.  Of course @Accurascale Fran has promised us an update once the decorated samples have been received and reviewed, so hopefully we'll get some stunning photographs soon and an update on the delivery schedule.

• Like 3
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, Dungrange said:

Since decorated samples were originally due before Chinese New Year and that would have enabled delivery of the production models by the end of Q2, I think we can safely assume that delivery has slipped by something like four months, so perhaps September if you're an optimist and just in time for Christmas if you're not so optimistic.  Of course @Accurascale Fran has promised us an update once the decorated samples have been received and reviewed, so hopefully we'll get some stunning photographs soon and an update on the delivery schedule.

Hi everyone,

We will have a full update on the 37s very soon but as intimated by another manufacturer in an official statement yesterday everything coming out of China is delayed due to post pandemic catching up. We will also provide updates on our other outstanding projects over the next couple of weeks and of course share them with you here.

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 9
  • Thanks 5
  • Friendly/supportive 4

9 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

We will also provide updates on our other outstanding projects

You have less than outstanding projects?  

Nah!!!

• Like 1
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Gold

It must be very frustrating for you to have the delivery dates slip but that's life at the moment unfortunately - I can wait, and I'm sure everyone else understands too. Hopefully the finance side isn't biting too hard for you as slipping delivery dates means slipping final instalment dates of course (but hopefully the factories aren't billing you yet!).