Class 37, by Accurascale

• RMweb Premium

It is very frustrating, I am trying to get two containers out of China currently and there is a dire shortage of both containers and space on vessels, couple that with daily increases in the charges doesn't make trading with these guys particularly easy currently 

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, younGGuns7 said:

couple that with daily increases in the charges doesn't make trading with these guys particularly easy currently 

I hope you mean the Chinese and not Accurascale :lol:

• RMweb Premium
15 minutes ago, boxbrownie said:

I hope you mean the Chinese and not Accurascale :lol:

If like ourselves we are having to take the additional costs on ourselves, I have just found out that there is no availability out of Qingdao and we look likely to have to road these 500 miles to Shanghai oh happy days

• Friendly/supportive 1

4 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

We will have a full update on the 37s very soon but as intimated by another manufacturer in an official statement yesterday everything coming out of China is delayed due to post pandemic catching up. We will also provide updates on our other outstanding projects over the next couple of weeks and of course share them with you here.

Cheers!

Fran

How ironic .If they’d delayed all their international travellers a year ago....the chuffers wouldn’t be delayed now.

• Agree 2

• RMweb Premium

I have a question that may have been asked before but I can’t find any reference so apologies is going over old ground.

I’m interested in 37001 in blue and notice it has multiple head codes available. Will it also come with a domino option - if not is it simply a case of making one up or is there something in the headcode box detail that was different?

1 hour ago, SHerr said:

I have a question that may have been asked before but I can’t find any reference so apologies is going over old ground.

I’m interested in 37001 in blue and notice it has multiple head codes available. Will it also come with a domino option - if not is it simply a case of making one up or is there something in the headcode box detail that was different?

I think its been confirmed a couple of times that domino headcodes are included.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
19 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Correct, a domino version will be included.

Cheers!

Fran 

Brilliant, thanks for the replies. I’d better order one now!

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
On 26/05/2021 at 08:40, younGGuns7 said:

It is very frustrating, I am trying to get two containers out of China currently and there is a dire shortage of both containers and space on vessels, couple that with daily increases in the charges doesn't make trading with these guys particularly easy currently 

This was a GBRF service out of Southampton West Docks to Trafford Park 28 May  seen at Eastleigh.....

51209356098_3efe01d675_b.jpg

• Like 2

I'm new to this thread, I'm now considering ordering one of these. So it probably has been answered on here amongst the 42 pages (whew), but what is the situation re. ordering the EM drop in wheel sets, and the cost?

Could the 00 wheels not be regauged by pulling them off the axles, or would the wheel flanges be too thick? I did this with a Heljan Class 23 and it runs perfectly through the pointwork.

• RMweb Gold
10 minutes ago, philsandy said:

I'm new to this thread, I'm now considering ordering one of these. So it probably has been answered on here amongst the 42 pages (whew), but what is the situation re. ordering the EM drop in wheel sets, and the cost?

Could the 00 wheels not be regauged by pulling them off the axles, or would the wheel flanges be too thick? I did this with a Heljan Class 23 and it runs perfectly through the pointwork.

Hi @philsandy,

It is our plan to offer separate wheelset packs in EM and P4 for our locos which will be reasonably priced (prices TBC). News of them will follow in due course.

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Round of applause 2

5 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi @philsandy,

It is our plan to offer separate wheelset packs in EM and P4 for our locos which will be reasonably priced (prices TBC). News of them will follow in due course.

Cheers!

Fran 

Hi Fran,

Will the packs include instructions on how to successfully swap the wheels out, & how easy/hard will it be to change the wheels?

Additionally will you be producing EM/P4 wheels for your wagons?

I only ask as it would be nice to make all my stock from various manufacturers P4 for scale accuracy, but changing all the wheels to P4, in addition to making the track is a bit of an accessibility barrier, especially as i imagine once it is pursued to change them on most other models it is not easy to swap between the gauges if you later change your mind, want to use the stock on a OO club or home layout, or intend to sell on your collection.

If more manufacturers had your outlook on making models easily convertible to/from OO/EM/P4, it would make the finescale gauges more accessible to modellers, as there are some really nice layouts out there built by some very skilled modellers, that could look just that little bit better if they were built with EM or P4 track. Of course building the track by hand is one barrier, but hacking away at the models you love to fit some slightly bigger wheels must surely be the bigger one.

Thanks

3 hours ago, CoBoLoco said:

Suitable wheels for the wagons are already available elsewhere from the likes of Alan Gibson, the conversion of my PTAs to P4 was the work of only a few minutes.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
14 hours ago, CoBoLoco said:

Hi Fran,

Will the packs include instructions on how to successfully swap the wheels out, & how easy/hard will it be to change the wheels?

I only ask as it would be nice to make all my stock from various manufacturers P4 for scale accuracy, but changing all the wheels to P4, in addition to making the track is a bit of an accessibility barrier, especially as i imagine once it is pursued to change them on most other models it is not easy to swap between the gauges if you later change your mind, want to use the stock on a OO club or home layout, or intend to sell on your collection.

If more manufacturers had your outlook on making models easily convertible to/from OO/EM/P4, it would make the finescale gauges more accessible to modellers, as there are some really nice layouts out there built by some very skilled modellers, that could look just that little bit better if they were built with EM or P4 track. Of course building the track by hand is one barrier, but hacking away at the models you love to fit some slightly bigger wheels must surely be the bigger one.

Thanks

Hi CoBoLoco,

We will indeed include instructions and publish them also on our website. We will make it as easy as we possibly can but of course it will be down to the competency of the modeller to carry out the work. However, if someone as hamfisted as me can do it (I have done in the past with other manufacturers diesel locomotives) then I'm confident anyone can!

We have also been experimenting with wagon wheels but has been on the backburner a bit due to the industrial quantities we would need to order from China compared to envisaged demand. As stated above a lot of other companies like Alan Gibson et al supply wagon wheels and it's something we may come back to in the future if we can make the numbers work.

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

I hope you do not mind me asking, this is more of an out of curiosity question. We last saw the rather promising 37/0 in December... With this 'upcoming update' hinted to us in May, I am rather confused as to whether we are going to see: 

a). EP(s) of the 37/4s & 37/6s

b). Livery sample(s) of the 37/0

c). EP(s) of the 37/4s & 37/6s & Livery sample(s) of the 37/0

d). Livery samples of all 37s

Not that I am worried as your class 37 chap lives and breathes 37s - so any EP vs CAD issue would have been ironed out. Just, I cannot be the only expecting customer (pre-ordered through preferred retailer) who is a little confused to the 37 status, acknowledging covid/CNY/supply of raw materials/labour/DRS rebranding to NTS design language/working from home fatigue/pubs re-opening etc has proven extremely challenging. 

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
15 minutes ago, 159220 said:

I hope you do not mind me asking, this is more of an out of curiosity question. We last saw the rather promising 37/0 in December... With this 'upcoming update' hinted to us in May, I am rather confused as to whether we are going to see: 

a). EP(s) of the 37/4s & 37/6s

b). Livery sample(s) of the 37/0

c). EP(s) of the 37/4s & 37/6s & Livery sample(s) of the 37/0

d). Livery samples of all 37s

Not that I am worried as your class 37 chap lives and breathes 37s - so any EP vs CAD issue would have been ironed out. Just, I cannot be the only expecting customer (pre-ordered through preferred retailer) who is a little confused to the 37 status, acknowledging covid/CNY/supply of raw materials/labour/DRS rebranding to NTS design language/working from home fatigue/pubs re-opening etc has proven extremely challenging. 

Hi @159220,

We are in the midst of preparing the Class 37 update as we outlined recently, but as you state above there is a lot of challenges going on with the world at the moment, not least in China. Rest assured once we have all the details fully in place and confirmed a full update will be provided, like we always do. :) We expect to publish it within the next week, so keep an eye out for it. 

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1