Class 37, by Accurascale

15 hours ago, The Ghost of IKB said:

Im probably one of a very few people relieved the 37s are delayed til next year. In the next 6 months i have 2x deltics, 2x slw 25s, a full APT, 18 mgrs, and some mcv's, to pay for and funds would be very tight if the 37s were due too. At least this way we wont be having roast sparrow for xmas dinner.

I’m another of the very few. Delays are becoming increasingly welcome as more and more chases the same income. On top of models, the careful ending of lockdown has created a huge programme of little ones being taken to experience the real thing. I have a two-year-old grandson and his mother, wisely, will not budge until three weeks after her second jab but imagine: two years old and never experienced a steam locomotive! :o

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
Just now, No Decorum said:

I’m another of the very few. Delays are becoming increasingly welcome as more and more chases the same income. On top of models, the careful ending of lockdown has created a huge programme of little ones being taken to experience the real thing. I have a two-year-old grandson and his mother, wisely, will not budge until three weeks after her second jab but imagine: two years old and never experienced a steam locomotive! :o

Goes both ways - the delay means I had time to sit down last night and order a second DRS version....they mainly hunt in pairs anyway....

• Like 3
  • Funny 5

On 17/06/2021 at 21:03, The Ghost of IKB said:

Im probably one of a very few people relieved the 37s are delayed til next year. In the next 6 months i have 2x deltics, 2x slw 25s, a full APT, 18 mgrs, and some mcv's, to pay for and funds would be very tight if the 37s were due too. At least this way we wont be having roast sparrow for xmas dinner.

Haha, I have 6 locos on order and plan to order a 7th soon. Just awaiting the Bullied Class 70 CC1 electric locos to be announced. Anyone?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

These delays are a bit of a saving grace for me - I had to cancel my 37's to be able to keep the Deltics (which I have deposits on).

So I've just re-ordered 608, swapped 602 for 606 (finally found my photos from Kingmoor in 2015 and it's 606 that I cabbed) and I've added on 419 for good measure, despite the fact the real thing expired on the BLS charter on Friday.

Cheers,

37057 looks good with her new name and colours, Hint hint ;)

Edited by 60800
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Round of applause 1

On 05/07/2021 at 13:44, 60800 said:

37057 looks good with her new name and colours, Hint hint ;)

I think it looked better in green and with its skirts and high density light split headcode boxes, Hint Hint!

• Like 2
  • Agree 6

Hi,

Having thought long and hard (helped by the fact that they are delayed to full into next years spending money :) ), I’m going to get the Class 97 in NR, simply because I have a fascination with ETCS!

A tongue in cheek question is that, would a sound fitted example come with the ETCS info / trip / overspeed sounds from the cab? (If we get AWS sounds, I think there should be ETCS sounds as well!) :jester:

Simon

• Like 1

On 06/07/2021 at 15:44, XChris said:

I think it looked better in green and with its skirts and high density light split headcode boxes, Hint Hint!

By the time I first saw 37057 in 2019 the paint was in a horrible state. She looked terrible and despite the loss of the skirts, now looks fantastic in Colas house colours. She is of course now named, which adds to the appeal.

Cheers,

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, 60800 said:

By the time I first saw 37057 in 2019 the paint was in a horrible state. She looked terrible and despite the loss of the skirts, now looks fantastic in Colas house colours. She is of course now named, which adds to the appeal.

Cheers,

whats is it named, I can’t find any reference to it anywhere?

as for the paint, when colas first got it it was a stunner but it started to look ropy toward the end, big chunks of filler falling out and the headcode blinds removed, they used to work but then someone broke them 

37057 in Derby

37057 on Ferme Park Depot

also it’s an awful loco to photograph at night 

37057 fenchurch street skyline

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

On 08/07/2021 at 00:48, 60800 said:

As someone modelling around 2016, the loco would have still been fairly clean and not in a horrible state, also would be unique for its skirts and high density lights and headcode boxes. Hard to get from any Bachmann or A/S models without major modifications.

Chris

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

I’m hoping that 97301 will be a successful model, prompting Accurascale to do 97304 “John Tilley” later on.  I hope they do as I saw it yesterday going through Peterborough at a high rate of knots.

C3709752-194E-44B5-AF14-35E04EB98728.jpeg

B6C73EAD-E35B-483D-93FF-6BC432B58CD4.jpeg

• Agree 2

On 09/07/2021 at 16:16, XChris said:

As someone modelling around 2016, the loco would have still been fairly clean and not in a horrible state, also would be unique for its skirts and high density lights and headcode boxes.

It looked good and was in fine fettle in the early 2000’s despite a weathered exterior ;)

2004-07-07 37057 Viking at Reading Triangle

Reading

2004-07-07 37057 Salisbury to Reading (4)

Andover

2004-07-07 37057 Salisbury to Reading (8)

A regular in 2002-4 on test trains

49646B56-AB4E-4D8E-B2A6-348D19BA2AED.jpeg.f7295f5cb34d19ab5aa4437f1b9b068b.jpeg

Salisbury 

Still my favourite loco. 

Edited by PaulRhB
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Hilux5972 said:

Am I correct in thinking it was said somewhere these will have working roof fans as well?

I hadn’t heard that so went to the Accurascale website to check the spec. It’s not mentioned. I wonder if there might not be consternation in Dublin. “We can’t let ourselves be upstaged by Bachmann! I know! Let’s do a variable speed fan!”

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, Hilux5972 said:

Am I correct in thinking it was said somewhere these will have working roof fans as well?

not specified in this run but like the 55 provision is made and the functional elements are all there. Hope that helps. 

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 4

3 hours ago, McC said:

not specified in this run but like the 55 provision is made and the functional elements are all there. Hope that helps. 

Not sure I know what you mean. Does it mean all will be in place for the fan to turn but it won’t, but may do in the future. If this is the case will the mechanism be made available as a spare to update the first run of models.

4 hours ago, McC said:

This is very good to hear.

Just to clarify does this mean that there will nothing materially in the body, chassis or PCB that would preclude updating in future (i.e. things like screw lugs for a mechanism in the body, and electrical connections on the PCB).

If Accurascale rolled out this feature on the 37 and 55 in a year or 3, would you consider making retrofit kits for purchasers of the first batches of models? I would happily pay decent money to upgrade my 'first batch' Deltic(s) (and potentially 37s... edging towards ordering at least one!). But I wouldn't sell my existing models to upgrade, especially given running numbers etc will be different on future batches (i.e. you wouldn't be eroding new sales by offering retrofits!!)

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, G-BOAF said:

This is very good to hear.

Just to clarify does this mean that there will nothing materially in the body, chassis or PCB that would preclude updating in future (i.e. things like screw lugs for a mechanism in the body, and electrical connections on the PCB).

If Accurascale rolled out this feature on the 37 and 55 in a year or 3, would you consider making retrofit kits for purchasers of the first batches of models? I would happily pay decent money to upgrade my 'first batch' Deltic(s) (and potentially 37s... edging towards ordering at least one!). But I wouldn't sell my existing models to upgrade, especially given running numbers etc will be different on future batches (i.e. you wouldn't be eroding new sales by offering retrofits!!)

the models have been designed with module fitting in mind. Watch this space. 

• Like 5
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Round of applause 3

6 minutes ago, McC said:

the models have been designed with module fitting in mind. Watch this space. 

Dare I suggest, even without having this feature from the get go (unlike the Bachmann Brush), your flexable approach means you are STILL one step ahead of the competition. I love this.

EDIT: are the sound chips similarly designed with a space or pre-programmed function for future updates?

Edited by G-BOAF
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1