Class 37, by Accurascale

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, newbryford said:

How dare you mention the "R" word...................  :jester:

I am sure given enough time we’ll make the entire fleet in every main variation :)

Edited by McC
  • Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, McC said:

I am sure given enough time we’ll make the entire fleet in every main variation :)

I hope you're going to do 37255 in the condition it was on April 14th 1979, complete with a representation of Driver Evans and his mate Fred in the secondman's seat. Don't forget the tea stains down by the drivers side steps on the number 1 end, where Fred dropped his billy can and spilt his brew down the steps.

Oh - there was also a light bulb out on the brake gauge in the number 2 cab, which would be later noted in the loco repair book and would be repaired a couple of days later.

Wonder how many go and try to find pics of 37255 on 14/4/79 ?

Unless your doing it in the condition of April 17th.....................

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 4
  • Funny 13

• RMweb Gold
13 minutes ago, newbryford said:

onder how many go and try to find pics of 37255 on 14/4/79 ?

Unless your doing it in the condition of April 17th.....................

In which case you will need a piece of Easter egg wrapper left on the console...

• Funny 4

• RMweb Gold

Some people will expect an up-to-date version that is updated every day to reflect every scratch, dent and squashed fly of the prototype. 

Me? Just keeping bringing out banger blue…

Roy

Edited by Roy Langridge
Typo
  • Like 3
  • Agree 2

18 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

No need, Chris. You brought back a lot of happy childhood memories for us there!

Cheers!

Fran

You know how to design boxes to give added 'value' now!   Perhaps design the package to look like a chocolate egg and put the loco inside.

What d'you mean that's been done????????????

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 3

• 3 weeks later...

Apologies if this has been asked previously but I didn't see a particular reference.

If a particular model is sold out on the Accurascale site is the chance missed to get one?

Or are the independent traders getting a separate batch?

• RMweb Gold
37 minutes ago, 37403 said:

Apologies if this has been asked previously but I didn't see a particular reference.

If a particular model is sold out on the Accurascale site is the chance missed to get one?

Or are the independent traders getting a separate batch?

best thing to do is check with your retailer. The accurascale website will show sold out once all stock being made is allocated, including to retailers but that doesn’t mean all of our 128 retail outlets are in turn sold out. Hope that helps!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi guys, I heard a little bit of gossip yesterday regarding the 37’s, in that the delivery date from the factory to yourselves has slipped.  I take all these “jungle drums” rumours with a very large pinch of salt but I thought I’d ask anyway.

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, jools1959 said:

Hi guys, I heard a little bit of gossip yesterday regarding the 37’s, in that the delivery date from the factory to yourselves has slipped.  I take all these “jungle drums” rumours with a very large pinch of salt but I thought I’d ask anyway.

Hi Jools,

Lots of nonsense hearsay and rumours go around for sure. Our delivery date as it stands is still the same as per our last update, late Q2 2022 https://accurascale.co.uk/blogs/news/tractor-pull-a-first-look-at-the-full-class-37-range

Deco samples have been delayed but we will have these turned around very quickly so do not see that impacting production as these start in the new year slot anyway. They're due this month, and we are very excited indeed!

Cheers!

Fran 

Edited by Accurascale Fran
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 2

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Jools,

Lots of nonsense hearsay and rumours go around for sure. Our delivery date as it stands is still the same as per our last update, late Q2 2022 https://accurascale.co.uk/blogs/news/tractor-pull-a-first-look-at-the-full-class-37-range

Deco samples have been delayed but we will have these turned around very quickly so do not see that impacting production as these start in the new year slot anyway. They're due this month, and we are very excited indeed!

Cheers!

Fran 

Hi Fran,

I thought that would be the case but like you say, there’s a lot of nonsense being floated about.  He also said that the Class 92’s were delayed as well and he was going to cancel his orders because he thought you were ripping him off.

I just wish people would keep their opinions to themselves regarding delays etc, as talk like this can quickly spread.

• Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Unfortunately we have heard in dispatches that a competitor has been playing silly too, and putting information about us into the public domain through backwaters that simply is false. I guess we have them running scared, but it's a rather 'smalltime' tactic really and speaks more about them than us. 

That is disgraceful. I would nevertheless take it as encouragement that you must be doing a lot right if they are stooping to such levels!

Edited by E100
typo
  • Agree 8
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Unfortunately we have heard in dispatches that a competitor has been playing silly too,

Who? er their name rhymes with................ . So we can avoid them.

5 hours ago, jools1959 said:

Hi Fran,

I thought that would be the case but like you say, there’s a lot of nonsense being floated about.  He also said that the Class 92’s were delayed as well and he was going to cancel his orders because he thought you were ripping him off.

I just wish people would keep their opinions to themselves regarding delays etc, as talk like this can quickly spread.

Personally speaking if i had any similar concerns with the Accurascale Team i would have communicated with  them privately -and if you wish people to keep their opinions to themselves you've made yourself look like a bit of a Pilchard  by posting them on this Forum - just my 2p worth.

• Agree 9
  • Funny 1