Class 37, by Accurascale

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Jools,

That's most unfortunate. Perhaps next time your talking to him you could direct him to the news section of the website for the most recent Class 92 update, featuring the decorated samples? https://accurascale.co.uk/blogs/news/fade-to-grey-further-class-92-decorated-samples-arrive It may reassure him.

Also, you can tell him that if he wishes to cancel he can simply log into his account and cancel for a full refund at any time. 

With the information published regularly and ability to cancel your order yourself I would like to think we are as up front and as transparent as we can possibly be. Unfortunately we have heard in dispatches that a competitor has been playing silly too, and putting information about us into the public domain through backwaters that simply is false. I guess we have them running scared, but it's a rather 'smalltime' tactic really and speaks more about them than us. 

Anyway, hope this clears your query up.

Cheers!

Fran 

Hi Fran,

Never met him before in my life and I was just talking to several people In know while waiting for a rail tour.  I mentioned that I’ve got one of your Class 37’s on order as did several others in the group and he just butted in. To be honest, I shot him down in flames and told him he was talking b*****ks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold

Given the photos of the Deltic work in progress, I’m quite happy to wait until they arrive, as with the 37s too, unless it’s a moon-landing style “fake” :D.

I understand how offshore manufacture works, plus I can spot some fellow ‘cranks’ in Accurascale a mile off. Plus an increasing number of other products have landed now, so the business plan is clearly working.

Edited by 97406
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, jools1959 said:

Hi Fran,

Never met him before in my life and I was just talking to several people In know while waiting for a rail tour.  I mentioned that I’ve got one of your Class 37’s on order as did several others in the group and he just butted in. To be honest, I shot him down in flames and told him he was talking b*****ks.

Plenty of idiots like that I'm afraid.

Good on you for calling him out !

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your kind words. I guess when I came across it and saw it for myself I was quite surprised and a tad bemused. I expected better. Anyway, I guess we're doing plenty right if they have to stoop to that. Living rent free in their heads etc. 

On 07/12/2021 at 19:37, confused said:

Who? er their name rhymes with................ . So we can avoid them.

I guess we would be dragged to their level doing that really. But maybe if I've had a few too many jemmys over Christmas I'll publish the evidence :)

12 hours ago, McC said:

Thanks all, for a three year old, we have delivered to customers, the HUO in both 4mm and 7mm, in two runs, the PCV Cemflo, the PCA wagons, the PFA wagons (again two runs), the PTA Packs, the JSA coil carriers, the (award winning) KUA Nuclear Carriers, the MDO, MDV and Coil A wagons, as well as our loads, bufferstops, buffers, couplers and accessories, with the HYA, IIA, HAA, MHA, CDA all about to catch a boat and the Deltic, Chaldron, Manor, 92, Mk5, 37, more PFAs and our Mark 2's  and more all landing in the next short few months and -many- things in progress not announced until we have final samples, 

That of course is not counting the Irish side, which has seen Ballast, Gypsum, Zinc Ore wagons, plough vans, container flats, fertiliser wagons, cement 'bubbles', weedspray sets, spoil wagons,  keg carriers and the Metrovick A class loco all delivered.

When we launched in the market, our goal was to deliver better - standards, service and pricing and we can't thank everyone enough for their ongoing trust and support as our team (now enlarged to 14 individuals) work furiously to deliver that ambition!

Just to add to this that when we announce anything new it is with a fully tooled, EP sample, so significant outlay has already been spent and you know it's already "real". We feel this is rather better than a few photos which always feels as a bit of a land grab to us, but we're all different. Tooling costs big money at the end of the day, and we have put the money in before telling you all about it. We feel that trumps a few pics of the real thing or a couple of CAD renders, then silence for months on end. 

A team of 14 people now as @McC says, who'd have thunk it? That's down to you guys and your support, allowing us to create British jobs. Here's to some more coming on board in 2022 too, as well as further growth. Anyway, enough of this defensiveness, but hopefully this helps to correct the naysayers. Back to the 37. 

Cheers!

Edited by Accurascale Fran
  • Like 14
  • Friendly/supportive 3

Ok, I dont have anything, that is Accurascale, no freight wagons, nothing, but I have heard a lot of good things about them, hence I have a class 37 on order, like a lot of people have, but  i don't bad mouth the company because it hasn't arrived, am I frustrated, yes a little, but it's not Fran & co's fault, their doing the best they can under, let's be honest, exceptional circumstances, to have delivered so far, what they have, goes to show their commitment to us their customers, and as a young company with only 14 employees I think they have done exceptionally well, and should be congratulated on their hard work.

And as for the nay sayers, send them my direction, I know a few bogs in the north of Ireland they can disappear into.

Edited by Smudge617
Typo
  • Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

2 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

....... But maybe if I've had a few too many jemmys over Christmas I'll publish the evidence :)

:huh: My brains doing overtime. :)

• RMweb Premium

I wonder if we need a separate thread for Accurascale appreciation! One thing I will say is that I reckon Accurascale have delivered thereabouts as many newly tooled products for mainstream modelling (excluding kids ranges) as other big manufactures over the past year. Within 5 to 10 years the range will be somewhat similarly sized at the current pace, which will be rather concerning for others.

Edited by E100
typo
  • Like 1
  • Agree 5
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Unfortunately we have heard in dispatches that a competitor has been playing silly too, and putting information about us into the public domain through backwaters that simply is false.

That's shocking news Fran!

At the end of the day, your models speak for themselves! I'm very happy with my Yeoman PTAs and reasonably happy with the ARC ones ( ;) ).

The one thing I would say is that even with the very nice hi-res pictures that you supply through forums like this of pre-production models, it's inevitable that some issues still don't get picked up until after delivery. How you act after-sales is just as important for your long term reputation as your excellent pre-sales transparency and engagement.

Looking forward to the 37!

Cheers,

Guy

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
51 minutes ago, lyneux said:

That's shocking news Fran!

At the end of the day, your models speak for themselves! I'm very happy with my Yeoman PTAs and reasonably happy with the ARC ones ( ;) ).

The one thing I would say is that even with the very nice hi-res pictures that you supply through forums like this of pre-production models, it's inevitable that some issues still don't get picked up until after delivery. How you act after-sales is just as important for your long term reputation as your excellent pre-sales transparency and engagement.

Looking forward to the 37!

Cheers,

Guy

Hi Guy,

I know, right? You would expect better from people themselves and organisations, but I guess that's the world we live in these days! Such things are usually a sign of desperation and insecurity in ones own products/ability to deliver though, so we take great heart that from a business POV we are doing something right. I guess we just keep doing what we're doing. 

It's great to hear you're happy with your PTAs, and we hope you continue to enjoy them for many years to come as we know you are very passionate about the the prototypes and that area of operation. We'll see if there is anything else in that particular area and era we can provide in RTR form in the future that might be of benefit too. I know our first offerings of 37s dont suit that area for you, but perhaps we can help with a future run in time :) 

On your point regarding after-sales, we absolutely agree there! We have put in place an after sales team in recent months which as absolutely required following our growth spurt over the past 18 months or so in particular. There is always room for improvements and learning for sure, but as can be seen with the tension lock coupling issue and replacement programme on the MDO/V/Coil A we will do our best to make things right. Other customers have waxed lyrical about our customer support in the past too, which is very nice, but as I said, we always work to improve in all areas https://otcm.wordpress.com/2018/07/13/thank-you-even-more-accurascale/

Thank you for your support everyone, really means a lot!

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 8

16 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

It's great to hear you're happy with your PTAs, and we hope you continue to enjoy them for many years to come as we know you are very passionate about the the prototypes and that area of operation. We'll see if there is anything else in that particular area and era we can provide in RTR form in the future that might be of benefit too. I know our first offerings of 37s dont suit that area for you, but perhaps we can help with a future run in time :) 

Thanks Fran!

Not so though... one of these would do nicely. (Image courtesy of Hugh Searle on Flickr):

Guy

561-27 37046 Whatley 30051992

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

It never ceases to amaze me what the ill informed naysayers and other halfwits are prepared to say just to get a voice. If someone decides to open their yap and let the words just tumble out, I usually shoot them down in flames and remind them that there the sort of people who’d go into a empty room and still cause a argument.

• Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
38 minutes ago, jools1959 said:

It never ceases to amaze me what the ill informed naysayers and other halfwits are prepared to say just to get a voice.

You should check out parliment,the place is brimming with them,its a career aparently,or its windy and it blows there tongue around.

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
19 hours ago, lyneux said:

I was almost tempted to get one of the /0s that you are doing with the car headlight, tweak and repaint it. But maybe I should wait... :D

Guy

There were none for me in the first batch either and I looked at renumbering options. In the end I ordered 37714 from the Heavy Traction Group but I will have to wait longer for that. I am expecting to take a bit hit on the second batch :)

Edited by BR Blue
Spelling
  • Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Well I’ve got 37043 on order so I’m just waiting for the Scottish headlight fitted centre head code 37/0s to be announced to keep it company. IS and ED versions and I’ll be buying a few!

• Like 2
  • Agree 6
  • Thanks 1

On 09/12/2021 at 18:57, SHerr said:

Well I’ve got 37043 on order so I’m just waiting for the Scottish headlight fitted centre head code 37/0s to be announced to keep it company. IS and ED versions and I’ll be buying a few!

Same here, looking forward to centre head code Scottish headlamp 37/0’s being announced. That is going to get expensive!! 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1