If you're new to the forum this is an ideal place to introduce yourself.

Hello from Western Australia

0-4-0_Hayley

Hello from WA. 

I am very new to the hobby, but my husband and I have just bought out first home, so we will finally have a space that we can start a layout in. My grandfather had a beautiful OO gauge layout in his attic, that inspired me to try and put one in our own home. The electrics I found a bit daunting at first, but I've been doing a lot of reading and research and it makes a lot more sense to me now. I already do a lot of scenery and diorama work for my other main hobby (model horses), so I'm looking forward to the scenic aspects of the layout. Aiming for a multi level track with a one or two closed loops, with a small granite quarry and platform scene, set in a fictional part of the Peak District, Drumheaton. 

My husband and I are from Cheshire in the UK, so I'm sure there will be a few pieces that remind us from home on the layout. 

Anyway, enough rambling from me! Looking forward to reading more on the forum and learning!

Hayley 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your layout, there are a couple of great layouts on here based on the Peak, I am originally from Derby and remember the area with great fondness, a really beautiful part of Britain.

Rgds.........Mike

• 6 months later...