Heljan at Warley

Neal Ball

7 minutes ago, Phil Parker said:

What announcement?

Just for clarification, the announcement of an announcement on 06.01.2020, indirectly made by Hornby (via Hattons).

7 minutes ago, Phil Parker said:

Now, could I suggest that this thread returns to talking about Heljan.

Splendid idea! 

• Administrators
1 minute ago, truffy said:

Just for clarification, the announcement of an announcement on 06.01.2020, indirectly made by Hornby (via Hattons).

That's no more embargoed than the date of Christmas Day. What is in the parcels under the tree IS embargoed though.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 2

2 minutes ago, sulzer71 said:

Could be interesting if they announce a OO gauge Class 37 :lol:

I’ve thought for the last couple of years this might have been on the cards: Hornby have always had a 37; their ancient model has been stuck in Railroad-world for a long time; and there’s been continuous low-level grumbling about the Bachmann super-detailed attempt. And a 37 is a long-term seller, not a one or two year wonder. 

But back to Heljan: their slow but steady approach to tackling diesels in O gauge has led to impressively comprehensive coverage. Their announcement of a Clayton was the icing on the cake for me. 

But the next frontier is steam O gauge: Dapol’s Terrier, Hattons’ A3 and A4, and now Darstaed’s Black Five — that’s beginning to look like a haystack in the wind. So I’m

guessing Heljan will either build on its WR DMU announcements with something like a Derby Lightweight, 105 or 101 (transition-era equipment with wide coverage); or we’ll see a significant steam announcement. 

I’m fascinated to see where they’re going next. (And impatiently awaiting my Claytons.)

Paul

3 minutes ago, Fenman said:

I’ve thought for the last couple of years this might have been on the cards: Hornby have always had a 37; their ancient model has been stuck in Railroad-world for a long time; and there’s been continuous low-level grumbling about the Bachmann super-detailed attempt. And a 37 is a long-term seller, not a one or two year wonder. 

But back to Heljan: their slow but steady approach to tackling diesels in O gauge has led to impressively comprehensive coverage. Their announcement of a Clayton was the icing on the cake for me. 

But the next frontier is steam O gauge: Dapol’s Terrier, Hattons’ A3 and A4, and now Darstaed’s Black Five — that’s beginning to look like a haystack in the wind. So I’m

guessing Heljan will either build on its WR DMU announcements with something like a Derby Lightweight, 105 or 101 (transition-era equipment with wide coverage); or we’ll see a significant steam announcement. 

I’m fascinated to see where they’re going next. (And impatiently awaiting my Claytons.)

Paul

Fenman have you seen the Accurascale news about them doing a 37? it could be interesting if Heljan announce a 37/4 in OO before Accurascale have had the chance to do one 

On 20/11/2019 at 09:52, Erixtar1992 said:

Shame Heljan dont sell their returned stock at warley like Bachmann and Dapol, would be good!

We do. There are seconds and returns on our stand every year at Warley. And there will be again this year, but you have to be quick to get them as there aren't many (which is a good thing!) and they always fly out. Most of the O gauge returns are cleared out at Telford Guildex, but there will be some at Warley too I'm sure. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, D1051 said:

Quite agree . That said a re run of the A & B tanks would be most welcome .We had the joy of individual  wagons to purchase when launched .  There after they became only available in a “train pack” with a 33...3 Years on any chances of a re-run ? Over to you Ben

Yes a rerun of B tanks in esso livery, even as packs of 3 would be really welcome. I have no need for extra blue pre-tops class 33s that are currently part of a set with these tanks.

1 hour ago, meatloaf said:

Just seen of facebook they are doing 0 gauge mk2 coaches

Given that it's not on the Heljan Facebook page perhaps you would like to be more specific as to where it was seen, and whether it is official or just a rumour.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, mdvle said:

Given that it's not on the Heljan Facebook page perhaps you would like to be more specific as to where it was seen, and whether it is official or just a rumour.

I saw the same post on a Facebook page.

it was of a Heljan poster at Warley.

Presumably a trade person noted it?

References were made to 'spoiler'.....

• Like 1

On 20/11/2019 at 20:07, Phil Parker said:

The Hornby announcement will be embargoed when the press and retail trade are told, as it is every year. All sides take these very seriously.

Has Hornby hi-jacked a Heljan thread?

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
On 20/11/2019 at 09:52, Erixtar1992 said:

Shame Heljan dont sell their returned stock at warley like Bachmann and Dapol, would be good!

Oh they do...

Heljan always have a few nice ones, last year the Mr Jones himself sold me a few class 07’s, 86’s and 27’s, then as he put them in my bag, informed me Heljan were making new 86’s and more 07’s & 27’s... ;-)

They are early on my Must Visit list, they aren't number 1, as I was given a tip off of another.. (and it aint Bachmann either), I’ll share whom & what after Ive filled my bag...

so Heljan 0930, Accurascale 1015..

;-)

Edited by adb968008

• Administrators

I don't think this is embargoed, so take a look at some very impressive factory weathering on a 7mm Class 33.

Factory weathering.jpg

It's a crude cut-out mobile phone shot at the moment, but we'll try to get the loco in front of a proper camera tomorrow.

• Like 5

Info from Facebook

**WARLEY 2019 NEWS**
Today sees Heljan unveil several new products for OO and O gauge, including new versions of three existing products, a new O gauge steam locomotive and an all-new family of BR coaches for O gauge. Click on the images below for more information or come and see us this weekend on Stand A04 at the Warley National Model Railway Show, NEC Birmingham.
New Items
- GWR/BR 'Collett Goods' 0-6-0 steam loco O gauge
- BR Mk2/Mk2a Coaches in O gauge
- BR Class 86/4 and 86/6 Bo-Bo electric OO gauge
- Late version Class 33/0 with high intensity headlight OO gauge
- GNR/LNER/BR Gresley 'O2' 2-8-0 - new versions with GN cab and tender OO gauge

We have also confirmed more details about our all-new OO gauge Class 47 diesels and revised O gauge Class 37/0 with split headcode panels, both of which are due for release in 2020.

Full details of all these new products, and more, are featured in our 2020 UK catalogue, on sale this weekend at the NEC and via all Heljan stockists from next week.

• Thanks 3
  • Informative/Useful 2

4 minutes ago, Paul.Uni said:

Info from Facebook

The Mk2 coaches are a great idea, given how mahy Modernisation+ locos are now appearing in 0 gauge. My personal bent is for 2Bs, but I will very happily accept 2As.

Interesting to see 0 gauge now also beginning to encompass more steam.

Paul

Back in May, Ben said, “LNER O2/1 and O2/2 - sales of the O2/3 and O2/4 were disappointing and there are still some out in the market several years after release. We feel that putting even more O2s into retailers would not be a wise move at this stage, especially as there's little sign of any demand for them when we talk to customers online and at shows. However, the design work has been done, so it's a possibility in the future if demand does start to grow.”

I was disappointed at the time. Needless to say, now I’m delighted! Thank you, Heljan!

• Agree 2

20 hours ago, Phil Parker said:

I don't think this is embargoed, so take a look at some very impressive factory weathering on a 7mm Class 33.

Factory weathering.jpg

It's a crude cut-out mobile phone shot at the moment, but we'll try to get the loco in front of a proper camera tomorrow.

This was also shown at The MIOG Show and was said to be a general release but I cannot find it listed anywhere as a general of Limited Run for a specific retailer.