60015 Hornby have done it again

owentherail

On 08/12/2019 at 15:50, dogbox321 said:

Yeah, and how many of those do you think people got a Warley?????  (Card holders copy if paid by card, but not much else nowadays!) 

I do know one shop that fills in a Bachmann warranty fully, but other than that...........

Well, if you're prepared to spend that kind of money on a new item, but not get a receipt..... If they can't or won't provide a receipt, Warley or not, I'm not buying.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

I've had word from Scoonie Hobbies that they have replacement bodies on order now from Hornby no timescales as yet. Glad to see Hornby have taken the decision to replace these and good signs from new management to take action when things go wrong. 

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

• 4 weeks later...

Happy new year, 2020.

I gather Hornby have made an announcement this week which has garnered a few comments on another thread!

In the firework display of lovely new toys, I may have missed any reference to when Hornby is going to deliver the promised corrected model of 60015 Bow Fell to remedy their schoolboy error on the Construction logo position.

I am hearing the thinking is that 60015 will not come back into stock. Surely not true.

Has anyone heard any update?

Ian.

• RMweb Premium
23 minutes ago, Ian Stewart said:

Happy new year, 2020.

I gather Hornby have made an announcement this week which has garnered a few comments on another thread!

In the firework display of lovely new toys, I may have missed any reference to when Hornby is going to deliver the promised corrected model of 60015 Bow Fell to remedy their schoolboy error on the Construction logo position.

I am hearing the thinking is that 60015 will not come back into stock. Surely not true.

Has anyone heard any update?

Ian.

One would imagine it might be a while before there’s news to share there, I can visualise emails flying back and forwards between Hornby and suppliers, teams doing costings of replacement bodies, meetings over who’s to blame and who’s going to pay for it, which cost centres it’ll be absorbed by, legal teams going through warranties with the Factory and so on, then add Christmas holidays into the mix where most UK office staff would bin this off for some festive fun with their families, know I certainly would in their shoes! Then the PR contacts wanting to put out a message but being put on hold as there’s no concrete info to share...just my speculation based on very similar experiences I’ve encountered in a different industry! :lol:

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, James Makin said:

then add Christmas holidays into the mix where most UK office staff would bin this off for some festive fun with their families

You overlooked the impending two weeks for CNY! ;)

• Agree 1

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi there,

I contacted Hornby customer services via email a couple of weeks ago when the corrected body shell versions began to materialise in model shops. I asked whether I needed to obtain a correct body shell through the shop I’d previously purchased through or by returning the original 60 to them. 

Hornby customer services to their credit responded this week advising they would supply a replacement body shell to me direct. The replacement arrived this morning in the post less than 48hrs after first Hornby correspondence. Hats off to Hornby for handling the query so promptly.

Regards Peter

Edited by Pedro32
Clarification
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Another replacement body received here after politely enquiring by email as per Pedro32's own request.

To give Hornby credit, they offered a direct replacement body, or to send the loco to them to do the swap (allowing a little delay due to Covid backlog). Really can't fault that service, well done Hornby.

• Like 3

And another replacement body recently arrived here too.

A simple enquiry about how to obtain a replacement resulted in one turning up in the post a few days later. They may make mistakes, but you can't fault the current level of post-sales service. Well done Hornby.

• Like 1

I wish Dapol would do the same with replacements for faulty liveries and pcb designs. They offered replacement class 68 bodies, but at a cost to the customer. Nothing at all for their class 73 customers, though.

Hornby in the past have been excellent in supplying replacement or updated parts free of charge. I have had parts for the first lot of Pullmans with dodgy coupling mechanisms, replacement pcb for a first release class 50, and several other parts, all done with aplomb by Hornby. I currently have a failed TTS sound decoder but can't send that back at present because they want to wait until the covid mail problems abate a bit.

Yes, I am definitely in the camp that commends Hornby overall.

Edited by SRman
typo fixed
  • Agree 3

16 minutes ago, SRman said:

I wish Dapol would do the ame with replacements for faulty liveries and pcb designs. They offered replacement class 68 bodies, but at a cost to the customer. Nothing at all for their class 73 customers, though.

Hornby in the past have been excellent in supplying replacement or updated parts free of charge. I have had parts for the first lot of Pullmans with dodgy coupling mechanisms, replacement pcb for a first release class 50, and several other parts, all done with aplomb by Hornby. I currently have a failed TTS sound decoder but can't send that back at present because they want to wait until the covid mail problems abate a bit.

Yes, I am definitely in the camp that commends Hornby overall.

Come to think of it, I've very rarely had issues with Hornby products. The one time I did, my old R965 controller from a trainset bought way back in 1995 stopped working in 2015. Contacted them asking if they'll be able to repair it. I promptly got a reply saying they'd send me a brand new one. And they did, they sent me a brand new controller and adapter via DHL at absolutely no cost to me.

Top class service from them.

• Like 7