Leith Central

Leith Centrl

Here is the playlist, latest video and back ground on my modelling project Leith Central

Playlist

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6kkbOWid-cY3qlvAQ6Gu6npqnP9Y-glk

Latest Video

https://youtu.be/KgXvSb9vKdE

The Background.

In a parallel universe somewhere the Waverley Route is still open in 1991 and Leith Central Station is located 90 degrees round from its current position on the other side of Leith Walk and retained to relieve traffic pressures on Edinburgh Waverley and handle the East side of Scotlands parcels traffic. Forming the point of a triangle from Abbeyhill and Powderhall (curve closed and in the process of track recovery) the 5 platform station handles mostly Scottish Internal passenger traffic as well as all terminating services from the Waverley Route which are worked from the Trans-Pennine pool at Crewe Diesel.

Daily passenger services see loco haulage from class 37s and 47s with occasional rare appearances from classes 26, 31 and even 45s. Supported by 1st and 2nd generation DMUs

Freight wise helicopter parts, cement traffic, speedlink and MOD traffic work as required into the nearby yard as well as engineers trains from the work lifting the Powderhall Curve and redeveloping the site for Binliner traffic.

The fleet also contains a good stud of steam locos to support the ELMRC layouts and steam running sessions with the stud of 4 V3s forming the core of this side of the fleet. 3 have been renumbered to Scottish examples including Berwick Pet 67690. Pride and joy of the steam fleet is a renumbered and weather Bachmann 9F as Carlisle 92019 which is one of few 9Fs known to have worked to the Edinburgh area.

Current work is focused on the 1st board which is the terminus end and will eventually have a 110cm long version of the Leith Central Roof. Work is currently focused on building up platform level scene with Ballasting on the list for the winter with the aim being to fabricate Board 2 next Summer.

Will post updates as replies here but please feel free to Subscribe as I post videos of the real thing and buses also. Hope you enjoy and any ideas and feedback are most welcome

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

With the first year drawing to a close and the final drawings about to be started for the station building here is a look back at the first Leith Central Video. So much has changed and developed since then and its nice to look back and also give background on the original drawings i did which are proving a handy point of reference.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Morning Folks.

Been a bit quiet on the modelling front this month but the holes for the point motors and platform 4 and 5 wiring are now drilled. Point Motors, Mountings as well as 2 Accurascale buffers and some detailing bits on the way from rails (who have a sale on as do TMC, got the Pair of Scotrail MK1s cheap so they are on their way too).

Expanded the bus fleet recently as well and getting the itch to do some small dioramas with the big spare pile of polystyrene and wood ive got lying around.

Ive also now got a plan for the main retaining walls for the station roof based of the KS laser walls and currently waiting on a quote for a tweak to their kit and will need over 2m worth of wall. Once this is finalised these and the double bridge for the station board end will be ordered. In the meantime I plan on starting the wall footing this week that way I can get platform 5 and the buffer ends ballasted. making this end of the platforms complete.

Stock wise a parkside VEA is currently in progress and the B1 is away with Garry from ELMRC for work on the tender and weathering. Got the detail parts fitted and just need to get a crew and some lamps for it.

Finally I hope to see plenty of you at model rail Scotland. Will be there Saturday with Tal-y-Bont for ELMRC so come say hi. Will be filming at the show as well as probably spending some pennies. Slowly writing a shopping list.

Once the box of stuff arrives from rails ill have something worth showing on Leith Central. Until then happy modelling

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...