is your railmatch thin

hi, ive got a new pot of dark brick and after thorough mixing and stirring it comes out a bit thin and will take several coats to get a solid colour. ive had a previous pot a few years ago and was the same but slightly better. The other colours from railmatch that ive used have been good consistency.

Hi

I have not got much to compare it to as I only use Railmatch and Humbrol enamels but between those the  Railmatch paints I have which are all less than a year old are all thinner than the Humbrol paints I own, so thin that they need only a few drops of thinner for airbrushing, where as the Humbrol paints need a good 50% thinners for my airbrush.

Like I said mine are all quite new so don't know if they used to be thicker or not.

Paul

It sounds like they possibly havnt been mixed enough. Remember Enamel paints, or more so the Enamel itself will clump down the bottom, if your paint is thin, then that could be that it hasn't been mixed enough to ensure the actual solvent itself is spread into the paint. new or old, I always mix mine for a good few minutes before airbrushing or even painting with a brush. Ive noticed however with some Railmatch paint the finnish isn't as good as Phoenix Precision, which is why I now use their range for all my projects

NL