LNER HST Farewell Tour, Blue/Yellow HST, December 18th to 21st,

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, MrJack47790 said:

Wonder if Hornby are going to bring a model of the HST used and been repainted as part of the 2020 announcements.

They'd have to be not only amazingly quick but brilliant mind readers to achieve that - unless they had an 'inside feed' from an LNER source - but even then it depends on when LNER decided to do it.

2 hours ago, The Stationmaster said:

They'd have to be not only amazingly quick but brilliant mind readers to achieve that - unless they had an 'inside feed' from an LNER source - but even then it depends on when LNER decided to do it.

They're not going to paint a full HST set blue and yellow over night, so it must have been on the cards for a while.

• RMweb Premium

The only consolation seems to be that some ex-LNER HST sets will continue to run on the Midland Mainline up till 12/2021, replacing our EMR sets.

And that the repainted set seems destined to join Jeremy Hosking's empire. I guess he can buy anything he wants. If I said anything else it would be political and impolite about someone who's bought a lot of trains and lost a lot of money on legal issues and [better stop now]

Dava

On 07/12/2019 at 21:20, royaloak said:

Ah the 1 day railtour being run over 4 days for maximum revenue extraction, count me out.

No that'll be the series of four one-day tours being run over four days, for proceeds to the CALM charity.

LNER are also offering free travel for the opposite direction when booked on one of the tours

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
58 minutes ago, Mark Saunders said:

At Wabtec Doncaster on Thursday morning were two reliveried MK iiis in Blue Grey , these are 44098 and 42242; without doors in a contrasting colour!

Mark Saunders

The requirement for contrasting coloured passenger doors only applies to ordinary timetabled services. Charter trains (which by their nature are 'pre-booked only') do not have to abided said rule.

What this repaint does mean however is that the Mk3 set cannot be used in ordinary service (unlike the Southern 313 unit which had a modified variant of blue and grey applied). No deputising for failed LNER / EMT, etc HSTs

37 minutes ago, phil-b259 said:

The requirement for contrasting coloured passenger doors only applies to ordinary timetabled services. Charter trains (which by their nature are 'pre-booked only') do not have to abided said rule.

What this repaint does mean however is that the Mk3 set cannot be used in ordinary service (unlike the Southern 313 unit which had a modified variant of blue and grey applied). No deputising for failed LNER / EMT, etc HSTs

If that is the case, is this set to go to Jeremy Hosking?

• RMweb Premium
6 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

If that is the case, is this set to go to Jeremy Hosking?

Yup, I understand that is the plan. Such a thing would also explain why a full repaint is being undertaken rather than some sort of viynal wrap

On 14/12/2019 at 15:17, phil-b259 said:

No deputising for failed LNER / EMT, etc HSTs

Erm, after today no more LNER HSTs for it to deputise.

After being at Newcastle Central for the last ECML HSTs passing through this afternoon, returned to the station about 19.20 for train home.

While looking at departure boards for my train, a 66 passed coming into platform 2...

when looked back again, it was hauling the Blue / Grey HST stock.

It stopped a few minutes for crew change before continuing North, looks superb

• RMweb Gold
17 minutes ago, 47513 said:

Bloody Richard Branston!

He’s been out the UK railway business since the beginning of December and certainly East Coast since last year so why are you blaming him?

• Agree 4

11 minutes ago, jools1959 said:

He’s been out the UK railway business since the beginning of December and certainly East Coast since last year so why are you blaming him?

Just mocking the ignorance of the quoted comment. 

• RMweb Gold
17 hours ago, jools1959 said:

I’m surprised that photos have not been leaked yet, all very cloak and dagger :lol:

There are a couple of videos on Twitter of the stock move yesterday.  I haven't seen any of the power cars yet though.

https://twitter.com/Rail_Photter/status/1206305747333722113?s=20

https://twitter.com/LukeDa2000/status/1206319405317144578?s=20

• Like 4