RevolutioN announce KUA nuclear flask wagon in N gauge!!!

JR_P

• 5 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Hi,

Now reported as arrived:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=47324.msg667193#msg667193

Regards, Gerry.

Additional: email received Saturday evening; my pair are on their way!

Edited by steam-driven boy
updated
  • Thanks 1
  • Round of applause 1

Just came back from next door with a stack of goodies the postman delivered whilst I was asleep. KUAs, check. IPAs too! What a load of wagons in one go!

I've only had chance to give things a quick once over before I head to work, but both sets of models look really nice.  Decoration is too notch, and the packaging on the KUAs is lovely. A really tiny detail, but a nice touch, the cosmetic screwlink couplers provided in the KUA are absolutely stunning, they'll be making their way onto the detailed front of some locos! I won't say no to a set of those in every wagon that Revolution produce. 

Very nice stuff all round.

Jo

• Like 1

Mine arrived today. Beautiful wagons in plastic sleeves with inner trays protected by a foam frame and fitted into a sturdy outer box with a magnetic closure.  Run perfectly well round the one 9 inch curve I have on one of my fiddle yard tracks.  I recommend using a re-railer to place the 4 bogies/8 axles on the track. The finesse of all the added handrails, hand wheels and brackets means the wagons have a jewellery quality about them. 

b1346710.jpg

6c7abc10.jpg

f5ec9410.jpg

• Like 5

Mine arrived today, its a beautiful model, detail is stunning, which got me thinking... 

.. anyone know if they're cleared for train ferry/Channel tunnel operation? 

My layout is going to have a double identity as Germany and/or Scotland, sort of, with lots of rule1 back story only loosely based on reality, but hopefully plausible, lol

Angus

• RMweb Gold
9 minutes ago, AngusDe said:

.. anyone know if they're cleared for train ferry/Channel tunnel operation? 

Hi Angus,

You’ll see the models have the train ferry anchor symbol on the side (different to each other, as are the prototypes!) but not the CT channel tunnel logo.  So they are cleared for ferries but not the tunnel.  

So while I am pretty sure neither has ever been on a ferry in real life in your world this could be a plausible use!

cheers

Ben A.

• Like 2

Although they are limited to UK use now with their MODA registration, they are equipped for ferry operation, and similar wagons run around on the continent although for security reasons they are not seen much on the web. Here is a French wagon in the Netherlands I think.

transport-ra-materiaal02-1-1485505725202

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I got home tonight too as I often do to an open parcel as Clare take a keen interest in my modelling and likes to see when I have been buying before i get to see them she tells me you have just got two of the most amazing wagons i have ever seen and that was before they had even come out of the box and she is right they so well done to all involved 

Clare also never asks me what any of my models cost either (good job as i will be getting a parcel of farish stuff tomorrow  that's 3 in one week )

John 

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold

My pair arrived in Germany today, less than a year since they were announced. Coincidentally, my first Farish Mk2Fs should be dropping through the letter box any day now although the wait for those has been a tad longer :scratchhead:

The KUAs are very nice indeed and I would second Mike Harvey’s comment about using a rerailer to get them on the track. It’s a bit like herding cats otherwise :P

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

The KUAs replaced IQAs and their predecessors (which were all carried on ferries) and as a result have been designed for ferry use but they’ve never been on a ferry. 

There are still IQAs running on the continent (well not IQAs but the UIC equivalent!) but the UK’s pair of IQAs never saw much use and are now rotting. 

Cheers Mike

• RMweb Gold
20 minutes ago, newbryford said:

I can only hope that when they are posted out to international customers that the description doesn't say nuclear on the customs declaration..........

As I observed the postman rounding the corner this morning, I realised there may have been a miscommunication regarding my order.......

7C1C63E1-349F-411D-BF80-2E256356C824.jpeg.ead53f38bfb5182cefed26d84e126385.jpeg

Tom. 

• Like 1
  • Funny 11

On 24/09/2020 at 15:55, toolongtoremember said:

I last minute ordered mine from Rails of Sheffield yesterday, so I hope to see my ones tomorrow! I have super elevated curves, so we'll see whether they run over them or not. A video of this will be incoming very shortly after their arrival :D

Mine are stuck in the mail, GLS got hold of them!!! Lets hope they get here, otherwise lets hope there are some spare ones about! 

• RMweb Gold

Before I panic and directly pester the Revolution folks, I got the order despatched email for my KUA's on the 21st September....does that actually mean they've been posted or is it just a status they use for when an order is fully paid and will be shipped when they can get a chance to?

It means that the model is ready to be posted.

For example, I got my notification on a Saturday, but the tracking info only showed up in the RM system on the following Monday or Tuesday (International order).

So I guess it depends when Ben or Mike actually get to drop off the parcels at the PO.

Regards,

John P

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Kaput said:

Before I panic and directly pester the Revolution folks, I got the order despatched email for my KUA's on the 21st September....does that actually mean they've been posted or is it just a status they use for when an order is fully paid and will be shipped when they can get a chance to?

If you paid in full then it means your order has gone to the PO (or will be the next working day), if you paid a deposit and balance then your order is only despatched once both parts are marked as complete.

Cheers Mike