JR_P

RevolutioN announce KUA nuclear flask wagon in N gauge!!!

58 minutes ago, TomE said:

Will these be available individually or just in the twin pack?

Cheers, 

Tom.

Hi Tom,

From Mike on the NGF 27/11/19:

This was a difficult decision, but the choice boiled down to 3 options:
- sell as a pair
- sell singly at a significantly higher price (and significantly increase the risk that we wouldn't meet minimum order numbers)
- not produce the KUAs

Once you narrow it down to that sort of choice then it became clear (to us at least) that the best thing was to offer them as pairs...   ...but the alternatives would have been no KUA or KUA at a much higher unit cost. When we looked at the size and complexity of the KUAs we think that this is a competitive price for such a beast of a wagon!

Having said all of which sales in the first 24 hours have been very good - thanks to everyone who has supported it!

HTH.

Regards, Gerry.

• Thanks 1

Thanks Gerry, I'd missed that in the NGF thread. 

Tom. 

2 hours ago, TomE said:

Will these be available individually or just in the twin pack?

Twin pack only, as others have indicated.

I notice that Accurascale also did the same with their announced 4mm KUA, so I reckon the rationale must be sound.

I think among other factors / considerations, is that if you look closely, the labelling, even down to the wagon number is actually quite different on each wagon, thus making each one unique.... accordingly, owning one wagon would effectively mean choosing one over the other - the twin pack resolves that conundrum :yes: !

These are going to be fabulous wagons - probably my favourite wagon on the national rail network - cannot wait to see the EP1 :D

• Like 1

Judging by previous Revolution releases, if you only want one, you'd make a good chunk of the outlay back by selling one on eBay when they're no longer available

Jo

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Steadfast said:

Judging by previous Revolution releases, if you only want one, you'd make a good chunk of the outlay back by selling one on eBay when they're no longer available

Jo

Yeah, I've ordered the twin pack with exactly that in mind! 

Tom. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Steadfast said:

Jo

Exactly, probably pay for your one by selling the other once they come out - I however intend to keep both when I order them

• Like 2

Speculate to accumulate! I only intended getting one, but may well keep the pair in hindsight, especially since side by side there'll be deco differences. I don't want to flood the market and lower you guys prices either :P

It's a good excuse to keep them both and I'm sticking to it

Jo

Hello all,

As others (including Accurascale!) have observed there are sound business reasons for offering these as a twin-pack.

But regardless of that (and acknowledging my own OCD!) there is something rather pleasing about a pack that comprises the "complete fleet" of these wagons, with the right numbers and small differences in markings correctly depicted.

cheers

Ben A.

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, Ben A said:

Hello all,

As others (including Accurascale!) have observed there are sound business reasons for offering these as a twin-pack.

But regardless of that (and acknowledging my own OCD!) there is something rather pleasing about a pack that comprises the "complete fleet" of these wagons, with the right numbers and small differences in markings correctly depicted.

cheers

Ben A.

Good job you have not a HHA then ! - 11,000 produced, in 11,000 minute variations it seems!

• Funny 1