Heljan announce Collett Goods and Mk2/2a in O and O2, 47 and 33 variants in OO

AY Mod

86/4 and 86/6, nice one.  Still dancing around the handbags of the 86/2 and 86/1 though - have the Danes heard Chinese Whispers the red box team have an all new 86/2 and hybrid 86/2 body on their 87 chassis to make the 86/1 ready for January?

Very happy though with the /4 variant although the savings account isn't.

Good news about the Mk2 coaches in O Gauge.

Wait.... What? Limited Edition Class 37/4 in DRS & Colas? Wow, I missed that info. on FB!

I was thinking of getting a Split Headcode Class 37 in O Gauge, but I think I might get another 37/4.... Excellent.

On 23/11/2019 at 12:37, 7007GreatWestern said:

I'm absolutely delighted about the Collett Goods. I have just one request to make to Heljan: PLEASE have electrical pickup on both the loco AND tender unlike the recent 43xx mogul. Other than that, well done Heljan, you have another sale here!

It will have pickups on the loco. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

So Heljan has announced 7mm scale BR Mark 2 coaches and a GWR Collett 2251 0-6-0 locomotive at the NEC jamboree. When we will see them? Perhaps Heljan can give a simple, consolidated update on the following long list of promised, but undelivered 7mm scale projects:

Class 03  - 2016

Class 50  - 4/17

Class 56  - 8/18

Class 17 - 11/18

Class 31/1, 31/4  - 9/19

Class 40 centre headcode  - 11/19

Class 47 retool  - 1/18

Class 117

Class 120 (rumour this has been cancelled)

Class 121

Class 122

GWR AEC Railcar 8/18

Mark 1 CCT 9/19

Here's hoping I will live long enough to see them.

Charles

4 hours ago, Captain Cuttle said:

I think they will sell anyway, long overdue considering the Class 47 came out in 2006!

Alan

…...and now they are about to produce the Mark2/a then maybe some more modern 2d/e/f could be produced as obviously there are so many similarities etc.

I need some for my Deltic to pull....and I'm sure others will be in the same 'boat'.....

I've said before lets just hope they get the shape/height correct etc.....and they will be on to a real winner....

Edited by deltic17

I would like to suggest that Heljan explores the business case for eventually downsizing the Collett Goods CADs from 7mm into 4mm... it's a key loco for mid-range GWR (and WR) freight and passenger services from the early 1930s to the mid 1960s, and the reheated Bachmann (nee Mainline) version is crying out for a 21st century replacement.

Thank you in advance Heljan!

CoY

5 hours ago, Fenman said:

Hi Ben

What's happened to the Clayton? It all seems to have gone quiet, and I haven't seen any photos of it on your stall. Is it in trouble?!

Paul

No trouble. We had a complete and motorised sample on display at Warley. It hasn't progressed as quickly as we were hoping but it is heading in the right direction now. Once we have authorised the tooling (hopefully soon), we can move on to the deco samples. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, County of Yorkshire said:

I would like to suggest that Heljan explores the business case for eventually downsizing the Collett Goods CADs from 7mm into 4mm... it's a key loco for mid-range GWR (and WR) freight and passenger services from the early 1930s to the mid 1960s, and the reheated Bachmann (nee Mainline) version is crying out for a 21st century replacement.

Thank you in advance Heljan!

CoY

The Bachmann OO 2251 is not the old Mainline model. Although they did initially release it like that, it was retooled some years ago and to my knowledge is a reasonably good representation (although I'm sure GWR fans will put me straight on that if I'm wrong). 

• Like 1