Scottish Loop Layout

gnairn23

Hello everyone.

Since my early childhood I have been interested in trains and I used to train spot the SPT Scotrail trains in Glasgow.

This interest turned me onto all things miniature.

It all started when my older brother got given an Intercity 125 train set with terminus station.

Next, it was my turn to get given a trains set for Christmas. First, it was a tiny steam train known as the Sentinel... I still have it today, it is about 20 years old now.

IMG_20191117_144843.jpg.225c6dcca0cfcea89792dd2104a413f9.jpg

After that, at I was given another train set, the Angel of the North set with Virgin passenger train and a Northern Rock metro car

IMG_20191117_145334.jpg.778ac2221d7a76a94be7411ed0a6381f.jpg

and

IMG_20191117_145106.jpg.a8c4fd4847c7554a110748839c63b42c.jpg

After this childhood interest in model trains, I went through phases of getting into it again and then falling-out of it.

However in 2014, I decided to make my first proper layout with the help of my dad and brother.

It is a basic layout and it took about a year to complete, plus lots of money!

I'll now paste some pictures of the layout in the next post. If you have any questions please ask.

Edited by gnairn23
  • Like 1

• Moderators
37 minutes ago, gnairn23 said:

I can see them on mine?

Probably because you've pointed it to the local files on your PC rather than uploading them to our server.

Use the Choose Files link below the text entry box and that starts the uploading processes.

I'm not sure what sort of comments you are expecting.  It's your train set: have fun playing with it.  Through use, you'll find things that you don't like and wish you had done differently and you can take that on board if you ever have the space for a more ambitious layout.