Locomotion announce 9400 edition of Bachmann 94xx

AY Mod

well I had to pay €41,77 of which €26,04 tax and the rest are handling costs.

Shipping took about 2,5 weeks. Over 2 weeks longer than pre-Brexit.

And shipping time isn't the worst part of this order. It's the billing department of UPS that seem to have died :mad: But that's a whole different story. :offtopic:

I've got my loco and it's a stunning model. Really worth the wait and money! :good_mini:

I have just received my bill from UPS, 48 Euros! 30 Euros to the government (VAT on the loco), 15 Euros to UPS (in addition to the £20 postage) and 3 Euros of VAT (on the UPS charges).

30 Euros for tax seems a little steep for VAT on the loco unless they have charged VAT on the postage too!

The loco was posted yesterday so less than two days for delivery.

Edited by Matabiau
addition
  • Friendly/supportive 1

4 hours ago, Matabiau said:

I have just received my bill from UPS, 48 Euros! 30 Euros to the government (VAT on the loco), 15 Euros to UPS (in addition to the £20 postage) and 3 Euros of VAT (on the UPS charges).

30 Euros for tax seems a little steep for VAT on the loco unless they have charged VAT on the postage too!

The loco was posted yesterday so less than two days for delivery.

It does seem now to be standard to charge VAT and duty on postage- it has annoyed me for years that eBay charge fees on the postage- sending something abroad for £15 postage attracts a fee of £1.50.  

The 15 Euros to UPS is the bill for collecting the VAT.....

Les

8 hours ago, Les1952 said:

It does seem now to be standard to charge VAT and duty on postage- it has annoyed me for years that eBay charge fees on the postage- sending something abroad for £15 postage attracts a fee of £1.50.  

The 15 Euros to UPS is the bill for collecting the VAT.....

Les

IME tax and duty are levied on the total value of the goods. Meaning that not only do shipping costs incur tax, but they are also included when determining whether a shipment breaches any given threshold or limit for incurring these levies. Fun fun fun!

12 hours ago, truffy said:

IME tax and duty are levied on the total value of the goods. Meaning that not only do shipping costs incur tax, but they are also included when determining whether a shipment breaches any given threshold or limit for incurring these levies. Fun fun fun!

charging VAT on the fee for charging VAT does seem a little over the top, however.....

Les

• Agree 2

17 hours ago, Matabiau said:

Latest from UPS:

"Le colis est retardé en raison d'une perturbation liée au Brexit. Votre colis vous sera livré aussi vite que possible."

Your parcel is delayed due to Brexit.

I received the same message about 7 times from UPS :aggressive_mini:

I would be nice if UPS processed my payment. It's been a month since I paid. Sent them several emails and I have called them, but nothing helped so far. They've even sent me a letter with a price increase of €40..

But they're never going to win and showing my bank statement was luckily good enough for the delivery guy to hand over my package. :P

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ryan91 said:

I received the same message about 7 times from UPS :aggressive_mini:

I would be nice if UPS processed my payment. It's been a month since I paid. Sent them several emails and I have called them, but nothing helped so far. They've even sent me a letter with a price increase of €40..

But they're never going to win and showing my bank statement was luckily good enough for the delivery guy to hand over my package. :P

My 9400 arrived this morning, so only one day's delay. I can't complain about that.

I tried printing off the payment confirmation just in case it was questioned but that failed, the web page is too wide to the numbers (amount paid) gets cropped, even when printing to PDF! UPS not very user friendly.

• Agree 1

• AY Mod unpinned this topic