Class 22 wheels

RobMG

I am building a Silver Fox  class 22   and have Hornby Ringfield  chassis  which I have fitted a cd motor in.   I want to fit some spoked wheels, and think The wheel from a T9 watercart tender might do the job, does anybody have a set having rewheeled  one , that they might like to part with ??   I would be most grateful....

Rob

• RMweb Gold

There isn't an exact direct diesel loco specific replacement available, primarily due to the oddball number of spokes, but a 12 spoke version is available, and if you can count the spokes behind the bogie sideframe of a locomotive travelling at any sort of speed, you're a better man than me Gungha Din!Mike.

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

5 hours ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

There isn't an exact direct diesel loco specific replacement available, primarily due to the oddball number of spokes, but a 12 spoke version is available, and if you can count the spokes behind the bogie sideframe of a locomotive travelling at any sort of speed, standing still you're a better man than me Gungha Din!Mike.

FTFY

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for your replies. I am not bothered how many spokes.   I agree it would take some doing to count the spokes even if you picked the loco up, and looked really closely.   I have wondered about getting some Alan Gibson  3'8" 10 spoke wheels. Oh but then They would be 1/2" over size :biggrin_mini2:

It was just a forlorn hope that someone might have some..  

I have searched Peters Spares for the Hornby wheels..., They have various SR  wheels listed, but infuriatingly all are out of stock.  So probably I will order the AG ones..

Thanks again for your replies.

Rob

• Like 2

My  Gibson wheels arrived today.  They will do the job beautifully.  Just need to remove the gears from the original Hornby wheels and fit them to the new wheel sets, Bobs your uncle..

Also the postman handed me another parcel, which is a Lima 33/1  I bought off ebay for £18.  Tried it, it runs like a cement mixer, but I can sort that with a CD motor.  It needs re spraying, but that isn't a problem, some flush windows, and other details.  

I am very pleased with todays little haul..

Cuppa coffee now..

Rob