MRJ 275

Compound2632

• RMweb Gold

It must be remembered that with the MRJ the date stated is an indication of when the next edition might be available. It has a long, time honoured tradition of arriving after it's published due date and invariably rewards ones patience. The attitude I take is "it'll be out when it's out".

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

1 hour ago, Compound2632 said:

Hence my response to @2mm Andy's reply in the MRJ 274 topic! I have every number and have been a subscriber since I know not when; the arrival of the brown card A4 envelope has never yet failed to take me by surprise.

I remember my first married Christmas in 1990 when my wife presented with a heavy parcel which contained about 30 back issues.  It was one of the best presents ever.   Reading all of them was the best fun I had.  Although I am still missing issue 4 or 5 but have two copies of no 6.

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium
14 minutes ago, FulhamTim said:

I remember my first married Christmas in 1990 when my wife presented with a heavy parcel which contained about 30 back issues.  It was one of the best presents ever.   Reading all of them was the best fun I had.  Although I am still missing issue 4 or 5 but have two copies of no 6.

oh Dear,,,:D

• Agree 1
  • Funny 12

• RMweb Gold

Many years ago I had a friend called Mike who was perpetually late for everything.

Eventually our group came up with the concept of Mike Adjusted Time.

The idea was simple, if we were to meet up at say seven o' clock then when Mike arrived we reset our watches to seven as that was clearly the Mike Adjust Time.

I feel the same concept should apply date wise to MRJ.

Everyone would be happy.

• Like 2
  • Funny 1

On 22/11/2019 at 12:10, NHY 581 said:

20190705_180203.png.7d87c60c1b336f4f2c326fb5373e3120.png.98e81d2743cfe1f7904e07ed7240e7ca.png

Something kept bugging me about that picture of the lookout and its just clicked.

There should be a steel loop-plate in the aperture to stop German snipers drilling the lookout through the head.  I think its mentioned in "Goodbye To All That".