KR Models announce the Fell in OO and N.

AY Mod

• RMweb Gold

Hello everyone

Congratulations to KR Models on this announcement - we wish the company every success with the project. The loco has been High Polling since 2014.

We won't delete the loco from The 00 Wishlist Poll data at present as the company has only asked for 'expressions of interest'.

Perhaps KR Models could give some more detail about whether they are planning just the version as in the picture or 'as built' with centre connecting rod etc? I couldn't see anything about 'variants' on the website (except livery - or did I miss something??)

Brian (on behalf of The 00 Poll Team)

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Mad McCann said:

Are you sure that publicity flier isn’t Deepfake..? 

5 minutes ago, Mad McCann said:

Are you sure that publicity flier isn’t Deepfake..? 

The person who can find the most mistakes wins a free model.

After the fiasco of the flask comes the farce of the fell.

"Put out of service in 1952". Then why does the photo show it with a late crest?

Bernard 

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 1

2 hours ago, Pre Grouping fan said:

It says on the website it was withdrawn in 1958.

I know that.

But many of the punters looking on here will not know the history of the machine.

I suppose you could say that it is even more misleading to publish two different versions of the history.

A question for those who do know.

Was it withdrawn as a result of a fire or through catastrophic damage to the gear box?

Bernard

• Like 1

Gonna be a really interesting exercise in reality this one. Always talk and wishlisting, but's lest sit back and see how many really want one.  I don't, but I really wish Keith and his team the best of luck with the project.     

• Agree 1

16 hours ago, Grovenor said:

In 1952 it was gearbox damage, in 1958 it was fire.

Rgds

I may be wrong, but I think that it was in 1952 that it was modified from being a 4-8-4 to a 4-4-4-4, i.e. the middle coupling rod was removed, Must have been around then it went from black to green, so scope for the model in different forms on those counts.

John.

• RMweb Gold
33 minutes ago, John Tomlinson said:

I may be wrong, but I think that it was in 1952 that it was modified from being a 4-8-4 to a 4-4-4-4, i.e. the middle coupling rod was removed, Must have been around then it went from black to green, so scope for the model in different forms on those counts.

John.

Hello John

According to Modern Locomotives Illustrated, No.185, Main Line Prototypes, The BR Designs, the loco went into Derby works and had the central con rod removed after the May/June 1954 International Railway Congress Exhibition (Willesden). 

The loco was painted Brunswick green with late crest in March 1957.

Brian

• Informative/Useful 1