KR Models announce the Fell in OO and N.

AY Mod

3 minutes ago, JohnR said:

I think this leaves just the North British 10800 as the only prototype yet to be done in model form RTR?

18100?

DHP1?

.... and, if you include trip locos / shunters - TAURUS, 11001, D0226, D0227, D2999; (and I'm sure that others will find more).

Regards,

John Isherwood.

Edited by cctransuk
  • Agree 1

22 hours ago, Bernard Lamb said:

The person who can find the most mistakes wins a free model.

After the fiasco of the flask comes the farce of the fell.

"Put out of service in 1952". Then why does the photo show it with a late crest?

Bernard 

Let's all call KR rotten then so much so they pull the project! 

Why do folk have to pick up on the smallest detail and use that as an excuse to knock someone for ever more? If you methodically went through all my posts, I'm sure you'd find plenty to pick on, likewise if I were to return the compliment. (I won't 'cause I can't be bothered!).

KR are just asking for expressions of interest, let's see if there is enough interest first, eh?

John.

• Like 5
  • Agree 11

2 minutes ago, Allegheny1600 said:

Let's all call KR rotten then so much so they pull the project! 

Why do folk have to pick up on the smallest detail and use that as an excuse to knock someone for ever more? If you methodically went through all my posts, I'm sure you'd find plenty to pick on, likewise if I were to return the compliment. (I won't 'cause I can't be bothered!).

KR are just asking for expressions of interest, let's see if there is enough interest first, eh?

John.

Interest confirmed. Will order a sound as soon as (if) it’s confirmed for release 

• Like 1

On 23/11/2019 at 13:51, Bernard Lamb said:

The person who can find the most mistakes wins a free model.

"Put out of service in 1952". Then why does the photo show it with a late crest?

2 hours ago, AlexHolt said:

Also that information poster is full of bad grammar and historical inaccuracies.

Many of the "companies" that bring us our models and supplies really only amount to what most people think of companies in a legal sense - they are registered with the government as a company but unlike say a Bachmann or a Hornby that are small 1 or 2 person operations, frequently done on a part time basis with a full time job to "pay the bills".

It would be nice if people would take that reality into consideration when judging some of these efforts.

Not everyone is fortunate to be great at the English language and the various rules of grammar, just like many aren't fortunate to be great at Math.  And unlike a Hornby/Bachmann, they can't afford to have a full time PR staff to handle these items for them.

Could they have done a better job with the poster?  Easy to say when you are excellent with the English language, and assuming you have the time between juggling your normal life, working on these side projects, and now taking time out of your life to attend a show.  For many small operations that amounts to too much to do in the available time, and thus something has to give.  Hence an imperfect poster.

I would much rather the time was spent on making the models accurate and operate well than have a perfect sales poster and a mediocre model.

By all means be critical (but please do it in a polite manner) of issues in a CAD, 3D print, EP sample, livery diagram, etc. (and better yet also forward any valid issues directly to the manufacturer to ensure they don't miss it).  But take into consideration the reality that these are real people putting a lot of effort into bringing these items to our hobby and that smaller operations have limitations.

• Like 3
  • Agree 13

1 hour ago, mdvle said:

Could they have done a better job with the poster?  Easy to say when you are excellent with the English language, and assuming you have the time between juggling your normal life, working on these side projects, and now taking time out of your life to attend a show.  For many small operations that amounts to too much to do in the available time, and thus something has to give.  Hence an imperfect poster.

I think that you request too much credit. Imperfect language, and historical inaccuracies, belie an inattention to detail, which is critical if you're a model-maker, so this is stuff that has to be done right.

And I understand that Keith is a native English speaker with a passion for railway modelling. So double-down.

If you think I'm being hyper-critical here, I also run a sideline (albeit nothing to do with railways or modelling). And I take attention to detail in customer communications very seriously.

• Like 3
  • Agree 6

• RMweb Premium

I'd not usually criticise grammatical mistakes and poor use of language as I am terrible when it comes to grammar and writing. Seriously. I have to put an awful lot of effort into writing reports etc at work, an effort I don't make when writing stuff here (which is very obvious). However, if you're publishing material then you really need to make an effort to get it right as it does look a bit amateurish to issue sales material, reports, brochures etc which include silly mistakes. For all it is hard work I do make the effort to get it right at work, there are some excellent software packages that can help and having stuff reviewed and edited before release is a sensible QC check (in many organisations that is a mandatory requirement before anything is released externally). Even a small one person band should know someone who is able to review a short press release or be able to get hold of one of the software packages that can help.

• Like 2
  • Agree 3

5 hours ago, JohnR said:

I think this leaves just the North British 10800 as the only prototype yet to be done in model form RTR?

5 hours ago, cctransuk said:

18100?

DHP1?

.... and, if you include trip locos / shunters - TAURUS, 11001, D0226, D0227, D2999; (and I'm sure that others will find more).

Regards,

John Isherwood.

18 minutes ago, phil gollin said:

YET AGAIN, to remind people that the three Class 70's (of two slightly different designs) STILL haven't been produced in RTR form.

Best one of the lot missed, 26000 Tommy.

• RMweb Gold

Keith will you be producing the 

4-4-4-4 wheel arrangement, the original 4-8-4 arrangement or both?

By the way the revised leaflet still says that the loco was "put out of service in 1952" with no mention of its subsequent service.

Edited by Colin_McLeod

1 hour ago, Colin_McLeod said:

Keith will you be producing the 

4-4-4-4 wheel arrangement, the original 4-8-4 arrangement or both?

By the way the revised leaflet still says that the loco was "put out of service in 1952" with no mention of its subsequent service.

We will be producing the 4-4-4-4 arrangement in both liveries available. 

As for the incorrect date, that is my mistake. I (Michael) take responsibility for that, not my fathers fault. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
On 23/11/2019 at 10:46, phil gollin said:

Errrr...... sorry to be pedantic, but it's "sought after" not "sort after".

Still someone is actually doing the Fell !   Amazing.

Don't be sorry. No need to be pedantic about posts on RMweb. But when a manufacturer can't be bothered to proof read his announcement and get it right, it leads to doubts about how thorough they will be with manufacture of the item.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, KR Models said:

Apologies for the mishap, this was a previous version that should have been deleted. Current version here.

We are only a 2 man team currently and we do have a lot going on right now both in and outside of the company, so I do hope you forgive us for a few small errors on the advert. Like we said at Warley this weekend, we are still new, we do still make mistakes, but we do learn and we do 100% intend to bring a high quality product to market and I hope you've seen that in the GT3 that we have shown off. 

KR_MODELS_-_The_Fell.jpg

Still a stray apostrophe.

10 hours ago, phil gollin said:

YET AGAIN, to remind people that the three Class 70's (of two slightly different designs) STILL haven't been produced in RTR form.

Phil,

A small class with detailed variations, admittedly - but hardly a prototype.

Regards,

John Isherwood.

• Agree 1