KR Models announce the Fell in OO and N.

AY Mod

• RMweb Gold

It is such a great shame that the DJM affair has, quite reasonably, given so many people the jitters. First-time traders must find the general attitude to their intentions quite disheartening. Hopefully within a few months models will be in purchasers' hands and confidence for future models will build. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 7

On 26/11/2019 at 18:12, woodenhead said:

Was the Fell actually single ended?

In the arrangement above it appears to only have seats for the driver and secondman at one end.

Because the diagram of the other end shows the outside shape not the interior.

• Agree 1

47 minutes ago, spamcan61 said:

Ah fair enough Colin, seems I am behind the times there; still in he wrong country from a consumer protection point of view though.

27 minutes ago, spamcan61 said:

...and quite few people got their money back, due to UK consumer laws.

If we are selling in the UK, we are bound by UK consumer laws. Having a canadian address doesn't change that.

• Agree 3
  • Thanks 2

• RMweb Premium

Strange Charley Petty made sure he had his own working capital sorted before announcing his DMUS.  And he is a Yorkshire man. Perhaps if the GT3 were on stream it would be better rather than asking for a non crowd funded  installment funding scheme?

Baz

• Agree 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Barry O said:

Strange Charley Petty made sure he had his own working capital sorted before announcing his DMUS.  And he is a Yorkshire man. Perhaps if the GT3 were on stream it would be better rather than asking for a non crowd funded  installment funding scheme?

Baz

Where is the "Give it a rest FFS" button when you need one?

• Like 1
  • Agree 10
  • Friendly/supportive 2

3 hours ago, Barry O said:

Perhaps if the GT3 were on stream it would be better rather than asking for a non crowd funded  installment funding scheme?

Baz

I think the bigger thing is with GT3, we were all told if you don't pre-order you won't get it, its only being made t order.  But you could still order one until recently, and maybe still can?  Just saying, based on GT3, then  it does not really give people incentive to get in early, but just to wait until something tangible comes along!  

Regards,

C.

• RMweb Premium
18 minutes ago, Allegheny1600 said:

Nice one!

Anybody would think he had an ulterior motive of his own - he keeps banging that particular drum so much!

Because this doesnt seem right.

The model was announced.

A week later they didnt know how big the real thing was and didnt have a drawing. So how did they know how much it would cost?

The GT3 isnt around yet..and, at Warley they were still saying they werent sure of how the drive mech will work.

No view of CAD or drive mech proposals..but you pays your money up front...

Just doesnt seem right ..hence that is why I am batteeing on..

As I said above Charley (and Arran) put their money of for the realtrack dmus and container flats. Yet this not crowdfunded locomorive is being funded by???

I wish him well but perhaps delivering the GT3 first before embarking on this project would have sugģested a better business model..

Baz

• Agree 5

• RMweb Gold
41 minutes ago, dogbox321 said:

I think the bigger thing is with GT3, we were all told if you don't pre-order you won't get it, its only being made t order.  But you could still order one until recently, and maybe still can?  Just saying, based on GT3, then  it does not really give people incentive to get in early, but just to wait until something tangible comes along!  

Regards,

C.

As I understand it from reading KR Models adverts, the first run of the GT3 is proceeding but closed to new orders. 

KR Models are taking expressions of interest for a second run. This may or may not happen depending on the level if interest expressed. This second run is advertised at a higher price.

There's the incentive to pre order first time round. 

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Barry O said:

The GT3 isnt around yet..and, at Warley they were still saying they werent sure of how the drive mech will work.

No view of CAD or drive mech proposals..but you pays your money up front...

Because people on here weren't happy with the proposed mechanism, so the feedback was listened to and the decision was made to try the 2 possible mechanisms - the factory's preferred version, and the version people on here want - and see which works best.

Bit of a damned if you do, damned if you don't - get criticized for listening to feedback or get criticized for ignoring feedback.

13 minutes ago, Barry O said:

As I said above Charley (and Arran) put their money of for the realtrack dmus and container flats.

Each person has their own views on what is best.

I respect Realtrack and what they have done, but in 10 years they have delivered 4 models (looking at their section on RMweb) with one more coming.

On the other hand crowdfunding has allowed Revolution to have 12 items produced or coming in 5 years.

So crowdfunding, even though there are risks, can have benefits to the customer given the very high financial barrier to entry for new producers.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

23 hours ago, Oldddudders said:

It is such a great shame that the DJM affair has, quite reasonably, given so many people the jitters. First-time traders must find the general attitude to their intentions quite disheartening. Hopefully within a few months models will be in purchasers' hands and confidence for future models will build. 

I agree, I have ordered a GT3 but am holding back on ordering a Fell 'just in case'.

23 hours ago, spamcan61 said:

...and quite few people got their money back, due to UK consumer laws.

And quite a few didnt, also remember quite a few who got their money back only did so because of a good will gesture rather than the law.

Edited by royaloak

On 2 February 2020 at 14:24, KR Models said:

If we are selling in the UK, we are bound by UK consumer laws. Having a canadian address doesn't change that.

DearKr models have tried contacting via E mail but your site is down I have looked on this thread and your page to Pm without  success. 

Please contact me  by pm concerning what may be the technical error you have referred too concerning payments made thus far

best wishes Brian

Pleased to report just had a PM from  Michael at KR models. And further correspondence just now including a direct e mail address to which I will be responding. 

Edited by 46256
Further info

On 24/11/2019 at 22:39, KR Models said:

Apologies for the mishap, this was a previous version that should have been deleted. Current version here.

We are only a 2 man team currently and we do have a lot going on right now both in and outside of the company, so I do hope you forgive us for a few small errors on the advert. Like we said at Warley this weekend, we are still new, we do still make mistakes, but we do learn and we do 100% intend to bring a high quality product to market and I hope you've seen that in the GT3 that we have shown off. 

KR_MODELS_-_The_Fell.jpg

According to Wiki the loco was put out of service in 1952 due to a loose bolt falling into the geartrain causing extensive damage. The fire wasn't until 5 years later.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Rail_10100

Firstly no connection to this company.....secondly first class service. I had inadvertently ordered two models...one black...the other my preferred choice green. Ok two fells on same layout.? ....I had received receipt for one of these ...then I assume the site ceased to function....before acknowledging the second payment.

fast forward this morning bank account shows both withdrawals...

then the pms.....followed by e mails. The error discovered.......the twit who caused it looks back at me from mirror....black livery cancelled and refund scheduled..sincere thank you to Michael at KR models.

Edited by 46256
Refund back in account this morning
  • Like 6
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Have to say I am super excited by this model, a locomotive every bit as mechanically complex as it looks! I am waiting for the KR web site to be working again so I can sign up for one, black version seems good to me :) 4-8-4 can't wait.