KR Models announce the Fell in OO and N.

AY Mod

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, D9001 said:

I remember when the choice of diesel locomotive was a Triang  Brush type 2, a Triang EE Type 3 or a Triang Hymek, and that was basically your lot! 

You've forgotten that wonderful 08 shunter with no outside frames. I thought that that preceded the Type 3.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Don't forget the Hornby Dublo Class 20, Co-Bo and short Deltic. Trix offered a Western amongst others. This dearth of 'modern image' models is why Colin Massinghams MTK range was so popular at the time. We're quite spoilt now, if you can afford it!

At least KR Models are having a go at producing some of the more esoteric prototypes and shouldn't be compared to other businesses. I think we should give them a chance and judge them on the results.

The Fell is particularly tricky as it was constantly being modified. It seems to be slightly different in every photograph you see. Not an easy subject for a manufacturer as customers are bound to want it in an earlier or later guise.

• Agree 5

On 26/06/2020 at 23:09, 96701 said:

You've forgotten that wonderful 08 shunter with no outside frames. I thought that that preceded the Type 3.

Indeed: why did it have a roller shutter door over the radiator grille!?

• Like 1

I'm sure others have received as well but an e mail from KR of latest newsletter...progress on GT3.... Photos of an EP sample of fell in tooling....future projects the big Clayton demonstration loco...lastly leader.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
41 minutes ago, KR Models said:

The 1st EP sample has arrived. Very pleased with it, just a few very minor changes and we'll go for colour next.

We should have a video of it running soon, and if you have any questions or if you have noticed an error, please do let us know.

fell3.jpg

fell1.jpg

fell2.jpg

Looking very nice Keith.

Couple of small points (and sorry if it is there - cannot see on the black chassis, or omitted as an EP1).

Firstly - would the cab steps be better as a separate etched part, as they look slightly "bulky"? 

Secondly - having looked at a couple of photos I take it the detail on the chassis under the front ends will all be there.  There is also a small pipe. 

Best Wishes,

C.

57 minutes ago, SHMD said:

Very nice - I might just have to have one of these.

Will you be doing one in BR blue Large Logo livery?

(Only joking.)

Kev.

With those bonnets its crying out for Loadhaul.  Could even plate the window in the style of the 37's that got it!  If you think about the Black livery - it only needs the orange and a warning panel - although I think shunter chevrons would look better on the front grilles!

Best Wishes,

C.

• Like 2

Hi Keith, that looks awesome mate, Im still trying to pay in full for the green version with sound but, still finding it very difficult to make a payment in full on your website, i really don't want to miss out on this, I have paid you in full for the GT3 with sound when we met at Warley a couple of years ago,  hope we can sort this out soon. 

Edited by Brian Hawkins

For a first EP, that's very good indeed! 

I would also second the comments about the cab steps and frame detail. It's probably there, but just doesn't show up on the photograph. Is it me or are the cab windows a little small or the frames too thick?

Looking forward to seeing it running and a painted example. Great stuff.

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Brian Hawkins said:

Hi Keith, that looks awesome mate, Im still trying to pay in full for the green version with sound but, still finding it very difficult to make a payment in full on your website, i really don't want to miss out on this, I have paid you in full for the GT3 with sound when we met at Warley a couple of years ago,  how we can sort this out soon. 

I too had problems paying through the web site but an e mail to KR Models sorted it. They sent me a Paypal invoice which I was able to pay no problem.

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Wagpnmaster said:

For a first EP, that's very good indeed! 

I would also second the comments about the cab steps and frame detail. It's probably there, but just doesn't show up on the photograph. Is it me or are the cab windows a little small or the frames too thick?

Looking forward to seeing it running and a painted example. Great stuff.

The windows don’t look bad compared to the prototype which also had quite chunky frames. 

Roy

Fantastic! Never thought an RTR one would be available - cannot wait to have this one. Looks brilliant.

Paid for my sound GT3 and first install on this one - I do need to make sure I get the full payment through to Keith shortly for the Fell.

I think the prototype looks like the result of inbreeding between a 37 and a 13 though defo fits my theme of 'weird & wonderful' exhibits for my fictitious railway museum!

Please do keep them coming!

Thank you so much.

5 hours ago, Brian Hawkins said:

Hi Keith, that looks awesome mate, Im still trying to pay in full for the green version with sound but, still finding it very difficult to make a payment in full on your website, i really don't want to miss out on this, I have paid you in full for the GT3 with sound when we met at Warley a couple of years ago,  how we can sort this out soon. 

If you send me an email at research@krmodels.co.uk I can do my best to help you out. - Michael

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Markwj said:

Sorry don’t know anything about this loco but looking at the coupled wheels in the centre how does it go round tight model railway curves?

sorry if I have missed this somewhere else.

thanks

The same way that any 8-coupled steam loco does - or 10-coupled for that matter.

John Isherwood.