KR Models announce the Fell in OO and N.

AY Mod

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, cctransuk said:

The same way that any 8-coupled steam loco does - or 10-coupled for that matter.

John Isherwood.

Thanks I guess there will be quite a bit of sideplay in the wheelsets then.

It sure is one ugly looking loco but each to their own I guess 

14 hours ago, Markwj said:

Sorry don’t know anything about this loco but looking at the coupled wheels in the centre how does it go round tight model railway curves?

sorry if I have missed this somewhere else.

thanks

Hi, it is being supplied with the 8 coupled or 4 + 4 coupled version so it will go around curves ok :)

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, 217 RIVER FLESK said:

A photo of t'other side would be nice also

As would a low level view showing the underframe and bogies.  It will be interesting to see how it manages on 2nd radius curves with its long overall wheelbase  (longer than any Stanier steam loco including the pacifics and also longer than an LNER P2 2-8-2)

• Agree 2

Right now, the sample is undergoing its testing and will be for the next couple of days. Once the testing is complete, we shall try to get the requested photographs.

As a reminder, this is the first EP sample of the Fell and things are bound to go wrong. So please don't be shocked if it does.

This is only meant to show that production is still continuing despite what is happening in the world. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, 'CHARD said:

Please desist.  No more pictures of this monstrosity, I need mind bleach from all the up-thread deviancy as it is. 

Going to self-medicate to try and erase these awful images.

Oh I don't know, it is almost ugly enough to be distinguished-looking.....

Les

• Funny 3

14 minutes ago, Les1952 said:

Les

The styling may not be wonderful but that can be said about a lot of diesel and electric locos. I don’t think it’s all that bad. The big square nose gives it a powerful appearance, IMHO.

• Agree 2

13 hours ago, 'CHARD said:

Please desist.  No more pictures of this monstrosity, I need mind bleach from all the up-thread deviancy as it is. 

Going to self-medicate to try and erase these awful images.

Keep talking like that and we'll send yours in neon pink!

• Round of applause 3
  • Funny 7

There's a special place reserved for things like this (and Class 31s*); fortunately it never darkened the door of the Waverley Route at any point, and nor was it around by 1967, the commencement of my modelling era.

[I've no aversion to one-offs and prototypes: DP2 did use the line in its daily routine as an honorary Deltic, I'm sure one day I'll cave in to temptation and add this to the allocation, in fact I've an Amercom donor body on standby.]

* D5511 did - infamously - run both ways over the route, happily long before the Summer of Love.

• Like 6
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
On 24/09/2020 at 23:10, Les1952 said:

Les

Let’s just say it has character. Impressions are very promising indeed in all seriousness.Enough to make this sceptic sit up and take notice.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
29 minutes ago, jessy1692 said:

Cant wait for the day these are out for delivery, looks very good.

Indeed. I'm sitting by the front door waiting until it arrives......

Oh, wait, it'll be a while :(

Edited by Tim Hall
  • Like 1